• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DeLavega trip

treehorn

Birdie Member
I'm planning on flying into Santa Cruz for some DeLavega rounds.

I won't have a car so I was wondering what other courses are worth playing in and a round Santa Cruz I can bus to?

Thanx,

If you are bold, you can take a bus to Watsonville for Pinto Lake, which was featured in the 2011 worlds. I've done that bus ride before. Maybe you could get to black mouse, since it is technically on a middle school campus, I bet you could bus it.

You could make it to SF and play golden gate, but you'd have to take a bus, then Caltrain, then another bus. Its fun, you can drink on Caltrain, at least I do.

The ride to Pinto Lake isn't bad though, you just have to take one bus and walk maybe 1 or 2 miles to Pinto Lake park, once in Watsonville. Pinto Lake is epic, there's a 1288ft hole, I think it may not be in that position right now, though.

You could make it to SF and play golden gate, but you'd have to take a bus, then Caltrain, then another bus. Its fun, you can drink on Caltrain, at least I do.

The ride to Pinto Lake isn't bad though, you just have to take one bus and walk maybe 1 or 2 miles to Pinto Lake park, once in Watsonville. Pinto Lake is epic, there's a 1288ft hole, I think it may not be in that position right now, though.

That hole is easily the most boring hole I've played over 800 feet. The wooded holes at Pinto are cool, but the field holes are a snoozefest.

I would skip Pinto, try to head south to CSUMB/Oaks/Cypress and Ryan Ranch, your high speed drivers will get a good workout.

Yeah, the reason that hole can be boring is because you play maybe 5 holes on that plateau that are all pretty similar with no trees, just grass. You do have to use placement on the long one, though, because of the rolling hills.

I like Pinto better than Ryan Ranch though, haven't got to CSUMB.

Black Mouse is awesome. Short holes, relatively, but tecchy woods shots through redwoods. Its a challenge. Bring putters/mids in multiple stabilities.

Latest posts