• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

I always put my putter in the recommended way. I did keep two putters in there often, but that hardly seems like it should be causing this. If then ends of the rod had been cleaned up just a little (like two seconds on a grinder) this wouldn't happen.

Me either. Even with all the use mine's seen, I wouldn't dare try to cram a second putter in there. That pocket had to be stretched to the max.

Anybody have a hack to help keep the lid from bumping up and down when it's flipped open? The velcro doesn't hold very well on rough terrain, and I'd like to keep the like tighter to the front of the cart rather than put added stress on the hinge.

It's my only real complaint about the Delta. Otherwise, I love it.

Not on the delta but similar application and im loving these heavy duty fasteners. Its like Velcro but made of interlocking plastic vs fabic. Much easier to clean off and a LOT stronger. different stuff out vs 3M but you can see the little teeth that clamp shut. I have a pair of work gloves that have a strap using these vs Velcro and wonder where the hell this stuff has been for years...

51MdACjyMJL._SY400_.jpg

Anybody have a hack to help keep the lid from bumping up and down when it's flipped open? The velcro doesn't hold very well on rough terrain, and I'd like to keep the like tighter to the front of the cart rather than put added stress on the hinge.

It's my only real complaint about the Delta. Otherwise, I love it.

That's one of my complaints too. I have to push the seat against the cart with one hand while setting the velcro. Another half inch of fabric, and it wouldn't be an issue. I'm looking forward to it wearing out so I can replace the pieces.

Not on the delta but similar application and im loving these heavy duty fasteners. Its like Velcro but made of interlocking plastic vs fabic. Much easier to clean off and a LOT stronger. different stuff out vs 3M but you can see the little teeth that clamp shut. I have a pair of work gloves that have a strap using these vs Velcro and wonder where the hell this stuff has been for years...

51MdACjyMJL._SY400_.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on that stuff. I might grab some and see if I can find an inconspicuous space on the cart for it.

:thmbup:

So someone at Delta saw my post about the putter pocket and reached out to me. Apparently I got one of the early ones and they have since changed to a plastic rod in the putter pocket. They offered to fix the problem and are even paying for shipping.

So hats off to Delta for standing behind their product and going above and beyond for a customer! :clap::clap::clap:

There's no way I could get 2 putters in mine

I couldn't either at first. It always annoyed me cause I'm one of those guys that always likes to have two identical putters. So one day I looked closely and saw that the underside of the rivet that holds the velcro flap on that side of the lid was sort of pinching the side of the pocket. Once I freed that up I was able to fit both putters.

To be fair it is a snug fit and I use fairly shallow putters.

Wow! That's way cool! I love glow. As tbird888 can attest.

First 2 mods to the cart. 40oz bottle holder & my avatar cut vinyl. Loving this thing!

2016_02_22_19_39_41.jpg

How large is that pole that you attached your bottle cage to? How large of a pole do you think it would attach to? I've been looking for a bottle cage for my 40oz HydroFlask and this seems like the best (only) option, but where I would be attaching it is 2.5" diameter.

I got my cage from Velo Orange (from an online bike shop), was about $27 and then I got 2 post mounts for 1", but that's farther up the pole. Fits the 3.5" diameter bottles.
At the base the pole is about 1 1/8" diameter, but there's only about 1/8" between the pole and the box

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 140
Attach Scabbard to house Scepter?

Has anyone attached a Scabbard to house a Scepter Disc Golf Caddie. I'm thinking this would be great for field work but I'm not sure if/where it would mount on a Delta Cart or Zuca AT in a way that would make it easily accessible (otherwise you won't use it) without causing undue clearance issues when rolling.

Has anyone attached a Scabbard to house a Scepter Disc Golf Caddie. I'm thinking this would be great for field work but I'm not sure if/where it would mount on a Delta Cart or Zuca AT in a way that would make it easily accessible (otherwise you won't use it) without causing undue clearance issues when rolling.

That is a cool mounting bracket.

I use a disc gator and have been fabricating a mount for it.
Ill post pics when its done.

New bottle cage and 32oz Hydroflask.

2016_02_23_19_32_39.jpg
HarkeyPuck was smart to choose 32oz Hydro Flask over the 40oz which is too tall so it bangs up against the pole insert at the Quick Release point. Super annoying. Going to need to put a cushion there or get a shorter Hydro Flask.
As for the installation of the Two Fish bottle holder, I put mine in the same place as HarkeyPuck complete with zip ties in the umbrella hole to prevent swivel. I gave up on the velcro straps (couldn't get them back around the pole) and used zip ties there as well. 4 of them! This thing is on there like a brick house. No budge. My only complaint about the Two Fish is that it extends beyond the wheels making it more difficult to pull the cart up stairs/logs much over 5 inches because the cage hits BEFORE the wheels. Just a thought.
Out of the box my Delta Cart 10 was stealthy quiet. Add a towel to the pole and the metal shower curtain hanger thingy squeaks. Now my Hydro Flask is banging on the QR. Anything added comes with compromises.

Last edited:
Out of the box my Delta Cart 10 was stealthy quiet. Add a towel to the pole and the metal shower curtain hanger thingy squeaks. Now my Hydro Flask is banging on the QR. Anything added comes with compromises.

Harkey is a very smart man, yes.

I had a bunch of paracord laying around so when my golf towel clip fix broke (temporary solution anyway) so I wrapped some through the hole in the pole a couple times and tied a king cobra knot down the pole long enough that I could clip a carabiner or two to it, and they would hit paracord instead of metal when I was moving. It's nice and quiet and since I used black, it's hardly visible. Just a thought if you have some laying around.

Last edited:
I got my cage from Velo Orange (from an online bike shop), was about $27 and then I got 2 post mounts for 1", but that's farther up the pole. Fits the 3.5" diameter bottles.
At the base the pole is about 1 1/8" diameter, but there's only about 1/8" between the pole and the box

HarkeyPuck was smart to choose 32oz Hydro Flask over the 40oz which is too tall so it bangs up against the pole insert at the Quick Release point. Super annoying. Going to need to put a cushion there or get a shorter Hydro Flask.
As for the installation of the Two Fish bottle holder, I put mine in the same place as HarkeyPuck complete with zip ties in the umbrella hole to prevent swivel. I gave up on the velcro straps (couldn't get them back around the pole) and used zip ties there as well. 4 of them! This thing is on there like a brick house. No budge. My only complaint about the Two Fish is that it extends beyond the wheels making it more difficult to pull the cart up stairs/logs much over 5 inches because the cage hits BEFORE the wheels. Just a thought.

See Post 533 - Post mounted cup holder gives me all the clearance on stairs, and the bottle is in reach while walking without bending down. Actually when the bottle is half full, it's perfectly balanced still when I walk, so it doesn't mess with the balance for me. I have plastic bottles in it, so no noise.

NoMoreFlat solid tube 26" x 1.75" - 1.95"

Quick review of Bell NoMoreFlat solid tube 26" x 1.75" - 1.95" cut in half fixed both 12.5" tires on my Delta Cart 10. Don't spend too much time measuring your 2nd cut to make two exact equal pieces because you'll still end up with 3-4 inches excess on each piece. Easy to handle. I cut mine with the hacksaw and mitre box I use to trim unicycle seatposts.

Haven't done any actual golfing with it as of yet but I could detect no difference in rolling resistance pushing and pulling it around the back yard. Nominal weight penalty is worth the piece of mind for my road trip to Flip City. No need to pack extra tubes or a pump.

http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Solid-NoMorFlat-Bicycle-1-75-1-95/dp/B000BOCA44?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Latest posts