• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

....HarkeyPuck was smart....

Those 3 words have never been typed/written together in a sentence.

:p ;)

That is a cool mounting bracket.

I use a disc gator and have been fabricating a mount for it.
Ill post pics when its done.

I have been trying to figure out a way to mount my telescoping disc gator (Two poles) to my Delta since I bought it (The Cart). So I'm extremely curious to see what you come up with as a solution :thmbup:

I have been trying to figure out a way to mount my telescoping disc gator (Two poles) to my Delta since I bought it (The Cart). So I'm extremely curious to see what you come up with as a solution :thmbup:[/QUOTE]

Here is some info on where im at with this mod:

Ive been messing around with some oddball parts I got off mcmaster

Plastic clamps
http://www.mcmaster.com/#2339t13/=11zvznc

Riser clamp to attach to pole
http://www.mcmaster.com/#3065t45/=11zw016
I had to use a rubber spacer with these as they did not offer the 7/8 and 1" sizes

*these are not the exact parts I ordered, Im not at home so Im guessing on the disc gator pole sizes.

The idea is to attach 2 of the riser clamps, 1 low on the 7/8 section of the pole, 1 high on the 1" section of the pole. Then mount the plastic clamps to the riser clamps, 1 on each side. This will hold 2 poles parallel to the cart pole. The issue Im having is the clamps suck and rattle or drop the pole when on rough terrain. I carry the gator on the pole it came with and also carry a second extension pole so im hoping to be able to carry the both. Id also like to be able to carry them without any interference with the umbrella holder. Ill shoot some pics when I get it all sorted out.

Last edited:
Do you have the old poles, or the new tent-style pole? I have both and use the tent one exclusivevly now. Much smaller and easier to store. I don't like screwing clamps etc. onto the pole, so I prefer to secure things in a way so that they come off easily. The product I use the most is bungee balls - very broad application capability in a lot of things, not just disc golf, but I secure various things to my cart pole with them. Just wrap it around a few times around the pole, one at the top, one at the bottom, and you should be good to go. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Riversto...M9I9io_CtR-aoY4bbp3NtxoCB1Hw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

The quick fist rubber clamp is another easy on/off product with a lot of potential. http://www.amazon.com/Original-Quick-Fist®-mounting-equipment/dp/B000CQPANY One at the top, one at the bottom, that should be even more secure, and maybe even faster and easier to access.

Last edited:
Ahh I though there was some new pole for the cart...

K I'm caught up now....

use the tent one
When you get t chance, please take a picture of the new (22" tent pole style) Disc Gator attached to your Delta Cart. Pole space is a premium with BagBoy beer holder, putter pouch, MTBR light, and the 40oz HydroFlask holder mounted at bottom circle. It would be nice to see things in perspective. Thank you.

Do you have the old poles, or the new tent-style pole? I have both and use the tent one exclusivevly now. Much smaller and easier to store. I don't like screwing clamps etc. onto the pole, so I prefer to secure things in a way so that they come off easily. The product I use the most is bungee balls - very broad application capability in a lot of things, not just disc golf, but I secure various things to my cart pole with them. Just wrap it around a few times around the pole, one at the top, one at the bottom, and you should be good to go. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Riversto...M9I9io_CtR-aoY4bbp3NtxoCB1Hw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

The quick fist rubber clamp is another easy on/off product with a lot of potential. http://www.amazon.com/Original-Quick-Fist®-mounting-equipment/dp/B000CQPANY One at the top, one at the bottom, that should be even more secure, and maybe even faster and easier to access.

I have the older style telescoping pole, and a second telescoping pole I got at a paint store.
I did not know disc gator changed their design until you posted that video.

That quick fist clamp looks like it would work perfect.

I have not had any time to work on mods lately, but i have been out playing alot, so i can live with that.

Did the bell 26" no flat tire upgrade. Took about 30 minutes. Excited to try it out tomorrow. I tried the pool noodle in the tires, but it was too bouncy.

image_zpsltegr9ok.jpeg

image_zpsczgy0aio.jpeg

I can't believe there aren't more complaints about the velcro.

I paid $400 for the damn thing, I would expect the lid to stay secured when I "secure" it with the velcro.

Besides the homemade bungee fix that I absolutely hate, has anyone come up with a good solution for this?

I paid $400 for the damn thing, I would expect the lid to stay secured when I "secure" it with the velcro.

Besides the homemade bungee fix that I absolutely hate, has anyone come up with a good solution for this?
Maybe add more velcro?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I don't know if the lid will compact a bit, but I think a square about 2"x2" double sided Velcro would do it. I can barely get a corner on the side Velcro when the lid is open

Did the bell 26" no flat tire upgrade. Took about 30 minutes.
I did the same upgrade. Nice to know I'm not going to have a flat, ever. No need to take spare tubes, pump, pump adaptor, etc. on our next big road trip. Took me longer than 30 minutes but I'm no bike mechanic. Delta and Zuca should offer this as an optional upgrade. I'd have given $20 extra not to have to mess with it but glad I did.

I've thought about adding some small magnets to the lid to hold it down secure when its closed. I don't really keep the cart open so my velcro straps don't get to much use, but they were used enough to wear down and have a slight bounce while moving.

i'd also like to see the tire upgrade offered by delta, fairly easy to do too.

Do you mean the bottom cooler compartment?
I mean the vertical compartment behind the discs that's designed to hold canned drinks.

I'm really puzzled that this cart doesn't have a built in solution to carry the single most common drink size I see on the course. 32/48oz Nalgene, 32oz Gatorade, and 32/40oz Hydroflask. They're all roughly the same diameter and all fit the same spaces.

The bike cage stuff on the wheel side (mounted low) means you can't curb-hop the cart without hitting the bottle. Steps would be the same thing *N. Mounting it higher begins to mess with the balance.

I think I'll at least give Delta a call and discuss it. I'm stuck on this but it's a failure of design when a $400 cart assumes we all want to carry canned drinks when the same space could've carried the most common drink sizes too. What's the size difference to allow that, 1/2 inch? It seems top notch otherwise.

The last time I talked to him that something along the lines of an attachment on the pole is in the works. Not ideal, but you could adjust it to the height that you want so it can higher off the ground and not scrape against the ground when tilted back to roll.

Gas stations and whatnot do sell water bottles that are tall and skinny that fit perfectly in there (two of them to be precise), but I also added on a utility pouch via clamps on the pole that has room for one more conventional style water bottle.

I mean the vertical compartment behind the discs that's designed to hold canned drinks.

I'm really puzzled that this cart doesn't have a built in solution to carry the single most common drink size I see on the course. 32/48oz Nalgene, 32oz Gatorade, and 32/40oz Hydroflask. They're all roughly the same diameter and all fit the same spaces.

The bike cage stuff on the wheel side (mounted low) means you can't curb-hop the cart without hitting the bottle. Steps would be the same thing *N. Mounting it higher begins to mess with the balance.

I think I'll at least give Delta a call and discuss it. I'm stuck on this but it's a failure of design when a $400 cart assumes we all want to carry canned drinks when the same space could've carried the most common drink sizes too. What's the size difference to allow that, 1/2 inch? It seems top notch otherwise.

My biggest complaint by far. And yes if one of the vertical storage compartments had a rounded part it could fit a 3.5" diameter bottle.

I put the big bottle cage low but on the post, not bad at all for balance and keeps the cart great on stairs.

They'll probably tell you they sell the big bottle cage separately, and is post mounted, which is true. To me, hanging a bottle holder on the stick is a huge afterthought.

I went with the Delta because the shop is local and they'll be able to do any work that's needed right on the spot, including popping some rivets and replacing a panel if needed.

I wasn't expecting to be instantly into a long detailed process ordering handlebar mounts and bottle holders just to carry my Powerade bottles. (It's nitpicky but the style they sell in the shop, the Powerade bottle can slip out the side)

Maybe fair, maybe not - Grip bags don't come with disc and storage pockets standard, with additional bottle holders that hang from the backpack straps... Anyone who is backpacking or carting will need a beverage.

If you remove one of the vertical storage cases you can get a couple 16.9oz waters in there, no swinging bottle holder needed

Latest posts