• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta Cart

You guys all scrambling to upgrade your tube and pumps and blah blah blah. Has anyone actually run into trouble with this?

You guys all scrambling to upgrade your tube and pumps and blah blah blah. Has anyone actually run into trouble with this?

I don't have a Delta, but yes we do have trouble with these tires. On my cart the 2nd time I went to use it, and I didn't even own it a full week, one of the tubs decided to rupture. :wall:

Fortunately I was at my home course, 3 minutes from home, so I was able to grab my Mahal and life was ok.

zero tire issues here. If it becomes a problem, I'll probably just order tires that are already all set.

When and where are all these tires issues happening for people? I have played five rounds with my cart; Vision Quest (mostly level and free of debris), HSSA (rough here and there but lots of hills), Bryant (fairly clean with moderate elevation), Acorn, (rough ground with moderate elevation), and Bassett (mix of clean and rough ground and mostly flat with one hill).

I reserve using my cart for long rounds, tournaments, when I have my kids with and they have things to carry, and or just want to have more storage with me. Otherwise I have a wonderful Grip bag that has the same disc set-up cart and I use it for my solo or recreational rounds.

I have seen no issues with my tires, or anything else. I even had my feet slide out from underneath at HSSA while carrying it down a steep hill and it landed hard as I used it to arrest my momentum.

No tire issues here and I play 200+ holes a week. Fingers crossed I don't get a flat now. The bearings on the other hand are shot. The have a lot of play in them and a cleaning and re grease will not fix them. I have been looking into replacing them with a higher quality rubber shielded bearing. I will let you guys know what I find.

Have you contacted them about a warranty claim? As long as you've kept them greased, they should send you another set while you're looking for something better.

FWIW it's the same or almost the same wheel/rims set up on the GoCart, which I have. I did have a bit of a hassle filling them with air. Two cheap pumps, neither would fit.

The attachment that TBird posted is a good solution I'm sure.

I went with the foam inserts, which are perfect.

I've got a dozen or so rounds in with mine. Zero tire issues so far, and I've used it on some really rough/rocky courses. That said, first time I get a flat I'll be getting foam inserts.

I never even thought even about it as a thing until the hive mind started freaking out about it for no reason.

I've taken my Delta on some VERY wooded and VERY tough terrain and never thought once that the tires might go. No issues.

Simmah. Down. Nah.

It's not in having an issue with the tires on a course, it's that I literally cannot get them pumped up due to the small diameter of the spoke and didn't have anything angled. I ended up buying some replacements that I believe are for a lawnmower and will let you guys know how those go. If they suck, I will probably go with the foam inserts.

I had a flat the first trip to the new wooded course with a lot of thorns. So ya, the struggle is real.

I don't get why people are buying sets of tires when the adapter I linked to is $7.

Flats do suck though. How difficult was it to roll?

Last edited:
It rolled fine. A little wobbly, but I made it through three more rounds before I tried to fix it.

The solid tube is $19 and I don't need an air pump ever again. Totally worth it.

So finally got the wheels and....it's too deep and to where I couldn't put the roll pin back in... I had some pool noodles and I cut those up to put in the tires and it seems extremely solid and I don't think I will have any issues with them moving forward. Super excited to get it on the course this week!

Delivery date is this Friday- just in time to get that bad boy out on the course Saturday. now if I could have just got into the local a tier that sold out in two hours.