• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Denver with a 3 year old - April 1st through 10th

whitechocolate

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey guys. Looking for suggestions for courses that will be easily doable with a 3 year old in tow. May or may not bring out good stroller. Looking for something not extremely long but challenging (or fun) to play where my kid can walk and maybe something else cool there the little kiddies (cool playground, eats, etc). I am staying in Littleton with family for a few days and then near the Convention Center downtown. I will drive if its worth it for both of us. Probably going to the Boulder area one day for sure just us.

Also looking for suggestions for counter service eats. My kids a tool in restaurants sometimes and don't want to annoy people if he is having one of those days. Looking for Chipotle, Pei Wei, Shophouse, Noodles & Co, and Pie Five type places, not just terrible fast food places. Something where if we have to walk around and be annoying we are less annoying but the food is still decent. Local chains are fine, just not looking for national places.

Thanks for help!

You'll have two options in Boulder. Valmont Park is a 18 hole course, front holes are short but technical, the back holes are mostly longer straight shots. However, no playground or anything really for kids to do.

Harlow Platts Park is probably your best bet for Boulder. It's a smaller 9 hole course, nothing too challenging but still fun. It's in a large grass field, small hill, easy to walk around. There is also a small playground near the middle of the course.

Last edited:
Johnny Roberts is a great suggestion. It's actually in Arvada, a suburb on the north side of Denver. The only other course that comes to my mind that would be good for a 3 y/o would be Exposition Park. It's in Aurora, an east side 'burb. Both those are park settings. Village Greens would be fine, in south Denver, and not too far from Expo.

Most of the others are rougher undeveloped land. I would avoid Camenisch/Badlands, Fehringer Ranch and David Lorenz/Lighthouse, might be a bit rough for your needs.

I would agree with Johnny Roberts but it is a little bit of a drive. Might also consider the old pitch and putt Ken Caryl course for a quick round or three. Super short course, 9 holes and pretty close to Littleton. Not really much for the kid to play on but your round will be so quick he won't have to stay long. :D

I would check out Ghost Town if I were you...it's close enough to Denver. :D

Ghost Town is cool but the terrain is a bit rugged for a tot. The other suggestions are good.

Not destination courses but close and grassy and in order of near to far are:
Arapahoe Community College 9 holes - decent.
Village Green Park 18 holes - decent - easy to walk but mostly dirt.
Exposition Park 18 holes - better because of water hazard - sometimes gets swampy.
Center Hills Park 18 holes - meh, but mostly grassy.
East Interlocken Park 9 holes with 2 tee areas for some. Short but more challenging.
Benedict Park 9 holes very decent 2 playground areas. Pretty far from Littleton.

Don't expect many obstacles other than pedestrians.

This is on my wish list. Can I pull this off with a kid in tow?

If you have played a round on Squaw Creek Gold with your kid, you will be able to do the same at Ghost Town. There are a couple holes that are not stroller friendly.

Latest posts