• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Describe your perfect setting for a disc golf round.

Johnny Depth

Double Eagle Member
Here is mine:

-Cloudy but no rain
-no wind
-a couple others on the course, but not enough to where I cross paths with them
-morning time
-70-75 degrees

65 degrees at sunrise on a bright sunny day with a light breeze, course to myself.

Sunny 85 degrees beach setting around an 8 mph wind with women lots of women!

Johnny's description is right on par, but I dominate in all weather. Hot or cold doesn't bother me

>50° - at LEAST 20mph headwinds, ground has to be soaking wet, to really get my feet nice and gushy, and completely cash out my shoes. If it's really hot out, I want the humidity to be around 85% or more.

:)

No, anywhere from 65-75° with a light breeze, and zero humidity is just about all I can ask for really.

Stub Stewart state park

Just camped and played there on the weekend , and with 30 degree celcius temps in the campground , walking into a cool deserted forest course was perfect ! Enjoyed the other multi use parks we played but I prefer forests.
Saw three others behind us , my kids loved the walk and picked up on the game . My wife didn't like the stinging nettle she found , so she went hiking .
Too bad there wasn't a lake nearby , or if someone let's me know where it is , we'll be back next year!:clap:

Perfect?

Late morning / Early afternoon (a chance to sleep in and won't have to stare into the sun during any shots)
Mostly sunny
75-85 degrees
10-15 mph wind
Dry ground
Course not too crowded, but not completely empty
Plenty of squirrels for my dog to chase
Baby in the stroller along side, wife at home

I'll throw a round in any weather other than a torrential downpour. The perfect conditions for me would be a day in the Autumn between 60-70 degrees and a little bit of a breeze blowing so I can watch the changing leaves rustle. Perfect.

Sunset rounds over the lake at La Mirada with my daughters are always a treat. I can hear them laughing now. I don't care if its 100 degrees out, its gonna be fun.

I'd have to say:

Early Morning
Slightly Cloudy
About 70 Degrees
Calm Breeze
Maybe a group or two ahead of me (by at least 4 holes), but no one behind me

Makes me want to go play now..... LOL

Dave-

About 70 degrees in the early evening, no humidity, don't really care about the wind. Played in that weather last Friday evening at Mt Airy and I thought I had died and gone to disc golf heaven.

Twilight at Stoney Hill in the spring or fall, dead calm, not a human sound.

Autumn/Fall (so all those pesky friggin trees are now naked!)
About 65-70 deg F
No wind, or just a very cool breeze rolling thru from time to time.
Some sun and a few clouds
Might as well make it a Monday or Tuesday, when everyone else has to work.:D

Call me nuts but I love playing in the snow. Perfection is being the first person on the course after a fresh snow fall. 3-4 inches of fresh white snow is so much fun. Maybe it's because we don't get it all the time in the cincy area.

9:30 am
October 45-50 degrees providing a crisp, clean, fresh air
Trees everywhere from green to red to orange to yellow to brown leaves
Little to no wind
Minimal crowd, no waiting or rushing

Latest posts