• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Figured this would be the best place to ask or comment...wasn't McBeth using a purple star in a few tournament videos or talking about one? Were they desirable for a certain reason? I only ask because I got 3 175s in my tournament order. They're a lighter purple with some marbling to them...they look real sharp. I also got a few low 170s baby blues that look and feel nice. I swear there are about 4 distinct looking destroyers in the batch.

He used the dark purples. From that particular run, the purples had a much lower PLH and were less overstable. He used them for big turning drives.

Saw a 167 pop top star destroyer in the store yesterday. Any guesses as to how this might fly? Would it be really overstable?

Any guesses? I am looking for a destroyer that flies like the flight numbers. Reliable turn and the fade back. I use the prodigy D1 for more overstable distance.

Any guesses? I am looking for a destroyer that flies like the flight numbers. Reliable turn and the fade back. I use the prodigy D1 for more overstable distance.

My suggestion is a max weight, domey, GStar destroyer.
Flies true to the numbers right out of the box. Mine is my go to distance driver and has taken plenty of abuse. It shows a bit more turn in a headwind now, but still fades back nicely. I consistently hit 425-450 golf lines w it.

I have a 167 pop-top bottom stamp. It's in no way a destroyer, other than in name.

My current destroyers - increasing in stability.

171 GStar Destoryer (New) 12 / 5 / -2.5 / 2
--The Gtar is a strong tail wind disc only for me in this weight.

172 Champ Destroyer (Very Used) 12 / 5 / -1.5 / 2
--My favorite in little to light wind

171 Star Destroyer AJ signature w/ the over-lapping letters (New) 12 / 5 / -1.5 / 2
--Fantastic FH disc - bought as a backup for the champ destroyer

175 Star Destroyer AJ signature w out over-lap (Used) 12 / 4 / -1 / 3
--Found this and it's nice in a little more wind - for some reason, has less glide t

167 Star Pop top Bottom stamp (Beat) 12 / 4 / 0 / 4
-- FH Rollers, Thumbers, hook shots.

Could someone please rank Destroyers in the order of desirability (i.e. $), like *D, SDS, pre Avery, etc. Is older always more valuable? I know the *D first runs are the most valuable (I think). Also what is the least overstable star Destro? Thanks

Could someone please rank Destroyers in the order of desirability (i.e. $), like *D, SDS, pre Avery, etc. Is older always more valuable? I know the *D first runs are the most valuable (I think). Also what is the least overstable star Destro? Thanks
Spitballing here but probably something like:

Proto-star *D
Production *D
Special Averey stamped SDS
Normal 'marbled' SDS
Pre-averey *DS (do these even exist?)

After that I think most don't go for more than their retail value. Maybe some of the AJ stamps with the letter spread out would command a bit of a higher value seeing as how they are out of print... but, in my limited experience, those Destroyers don't really have the poppy tops that most Destroyer aficianados love so much.

Some of the Echostar's can go for a decent price to the right buyer but I'm not as familair with those ones.

How desirable is a 8/10, no ink, pre-flight, pre-avery destroyer (marked *DS, if that makes any difference once so ever)? I always seem to read certain posts about how they are the greatest, but I have never known if they legitimately are more sought after, or if it's just the "older is better mentality" that seems to cloud the air around ALL plastic these days.

Spitballing here but probably something like:

Proto-star *D
Production *D
Special Averey stamped SDS
Normal 'marbled' SDS
Pre-averey *DS (do these even exist?)

After that I think most don't go for more than their retail value. Maybe some of the AJ stamps with the letter spread out would command a bit of a higher value seeing as how they are out of print... but, in my limited experience, those Destroyers don't really have the poppy tops that most Destroyer aficianados love so much.

Some of the Echostar's can go for a decent price to the right buyer but I'm not as familair with those ones.

Nightshift
Protostar *D or SD - Same thing
Pre Avery *D
Pre Avery SDS
Anthons
Tourney Stamp SDS or *D
Pre Aery *DS

The Japan Open Champ destroyers are also up there in value from like 08 or something

Picked up a super dome gstar destroyer. I could see this thing beating into go crazy far. My elite x forces are taking too long to season; this thing has the tiiiiiniest amount of turn and s long fade. Bombs past everything else I throw, my x forces were just not working. I will keep trying to beat them in the meantime.

It's a bit more involved than simply any Star being Nightshift. There were the initial Nightshifts, that were mostly Orc in what looks like an opaque champion plastic. Then, "to capitalize on the original Nightshift run", Innova pumped out some Destroyers in a new stabilized Star plastic and where also called Nightshift. These had small proto-star stamps and were blue in color. I know they also ran Orcs, because I have one, and if I remember correctly another disc too. Boss I think.

Question, I have a very domey gstar 175 destroyer.. and I feel like its really flexible. I'm just starting to get into throwing my driver because I'm still quite new, but whenever I flick my gstar destroyer it will sail straight and then come left a bit then typically come right, however 50% of the time it never comes back right or it will bank left ficking and never come back.. I was thinking of getting one in champion, what is going to be the difference between the two other than the champion being a bit stiffer? thats why I thought I might like it better cause its stiffer..

It's a bit more involved than simply any Star being Nightshift. There were the initial Nightshifts, that were mostly Orc in what looks like an opaque champion plastic. Then, "to capitalize on the original Nightshift run", Innova pumped out some Destroyers in a new stabilized Star plastic and where also called Nightshift. These had small proto-star stamps and were blue in color. I know they also ran Orcs, because I have one, and if I remember correctly another disc too. Boss I think.
Thanks. I knew I'd heard of the whole 'nightshift Orc' thing on here. Didn't realize they made Destroyers.

I'd love to see a pic if anybody has one. Love the small proto-star stamps.

edited in echos they are about impossible to find.

Nightshift
Protostar *D or SD - Same thing
pre echo
Pre Avery *D
Pre Avery SDS
Anthons
Tourney Stamp SDS or *D
Pre Aery *DS

The Japan Open Champ destroyers are also up there in value from like 08 or something