• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Where does one go to find the "starlite" destroyers these days? I kind of have this hunch they probably are one of those things that people are gouging you for, but I'm just curious. What's the rate of one vs. a *d these days?

Not going to read through 35 pages as I don't have time, I have a question though. What do all the different destroyer markings mean? For example, I am under the impression that *D, *DS, *D/S, are all different in some way? Are there more markings I'm not familiar with? What do I want to look for when picking out a destroyer?

Not going to read through 35 pages as I don't have time, I have a question though. What do all the different destroyer markings mean? For example, I am under the impression that *D, *DS, *D/S, are all different in some way? Are there more markings I'm not familiar with? What do I want to look for when picking out a destroyer?

They all mean the same thing - Star Destroyer. They just marked them different over the years so people have a way of gauging when the particular disc was made based on how it's marked. Since discs vary slightly from run to run, people sometimes get attached to a particular run and go out of their way to find replacements. If you have no attachments to the earlier runs, you can just grab any Destroyer off the shelf now and you'll be fine. They're all marked *DS these days.

Where does one go to find the "starlite" destroyers these days? I kind of have this hunch they probably are one of those things that people are gouging you for, but I'm just curious. What's the rate of one vs. a *d these days?

i've only seen 2 starlite destroyers in the wild, and both have been several years ago. my local pias still gets original starlite bosses (stock stamped and x-outs) from time to time. i don't know if there is a huge market for starlite destroyers given the domey stiff sds's were a lot easier to find at the time. both starlite destroyers i've seen (yellow and baby blue) were sds marked.

Most of my starlites are marked *DS. They seem to be going for about $25-30 right now, similar to *D prices. On eBay they're going for well over that new (when they show up).

I have a PDS destroyer. Is there a run of pro destroyers thats better than the rest? It has a tourney stamp on it so can tell if its pre-flight numbers

Selling a *D been thrown less than 5 times. Couple pages back. Yellow tourney stamped with bright blue stamp from April 2008. $27 shipped. PM me. No trades please.

local head shop is running a 420 sale, so i ran up there on my lunch because i know they sell some plastic. just picked up a sweet marbled yellow 167 sds starlite. the grittiness in the wing isn't nearly as noticeable as the bosses i've owned, but it's there.

artillery.

iceairtillery_zps7f53fd42.jpg

I have been loving my three star destroyers. I have two new run Ajs red 171 and yellow 173 and a a slightly beat up bottom stamp 175. The AJs are flat and identical while the bottom stamp has more dome and a slightly lower plh/wing. Suprisingly the bottom stamp is more overstable, so I don't use it except in the field because my AJs are plenty overstable. I can throw both AJs 400 max so far thrown flat on a good rip. They flay very straight for most of the flight with a tiny amount of turn then have a big, fast fade. I like them mostly for for long forehands, long headwind drives (plenty of those unfortunately), and for the longest left-ending shots. I was reluctant to try destroyers at first because I like regular consistent current production discs. I'm not interested in any OOP S/DS *D $20+ sillyness and many people dislike the AJs but I'm happy about that now because that means more for me.

are the new ajs more, less, or same stability as the first ajs? I heard there is a stamp difference???

are the new ajs more, less, or same stability as the first ajs? I heard there is a stamp difference???

my destroyer with the new aj stamp (170g) has seemed a little flippy lately.. maybe i torqued it idk? I will have to play around with it some more to see whats going on with it. I know people have been saying these seem to be more stable than the earlier runs, but maybe mine is a lemon idk. I will confirm on friday.

My other one which is one of the first aj's (171g) flies perfectly.. in fact i just set a personal best of 468 on flat ground with it today. It went out straight for a while and turned over a bit while fading back nicely at the end

I love my flat champ destroyer. If any of you guys have one you'd like to sell please PM me!

I wonder...If innova actually had a different name for different molds of the same discs, how many different discs would innova have by now?

Sounds like the bottom stamp star destroyers are known to be more overstable..

I have never thrown one, and I was curious as to how overstable.. Any discs you could compare it too?

Sounds like the bottom stamp star destroyers are known to be more overstable..

I have never thrown one, and I was curious as to how overstable.. Any discs you could compare it too?

The bottom stamp destroyer I threw flew like a brand new star xcal

local head shop is running a 420 sale, so i ran up there on my lunch because i know they sell some plastic. just picked up a sweet marbled yellow 167 sds starlite. the grittiness in the wing isn't nearly as noticeable as the bosses i've owned, but it's there.

that is what makes the starlites so hard to find. sometimes you need to just buy the lightweight ones and cross your fingers. the closer to 175 the hard it is to see the specs.