• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

i've come to the conclusion that the jolly launcher champion destro is hands down the best flying, most durable destroyer i've ever come across. the line shaping, distance factor and overall feel is just plain outstanding.

i've owned/own every single mold variation of the destro since the proto. loved most, loathed some. i can't believe how great this disc is.

Hmmm I have 3 Im not even throwing, gonna have to retry them.

I was looking through G* Destroyers today and I lol'ed when I saw one actually marked "G S/DS." I wonder if I could have sold it for a bizillion dollars.

I had 1 TeeBird marked GS/TB instead of G*TB like the rest. I think it was just whoever molded it since the handwriting was also different than the others. I did sell it and it didn't sell for a bizillion dollars though. :)

I'm a real noob with Destroyers and I would need some advice on how to get started with this disc :eek:

Everyone has been sayin, that this mold is really inconsistent when made on Star plastic. How is the current run? Does it match up with the flight ratings or is it more under/overstable? What to look for to get a Star Destroyer with a flight about matching the ratings?

Are the Champ, Pro and DX this inconsistent? I tried my friends brand new 167g Pro Destroyer and it flew like my 7/10 169g Champ Tern.

I've heard so many good things about this disc that I must try it in Star! Please, give me advise. :popcorn:

Get both a domey Star and a flatter Star around 172 and see which you like better. Most online sellers can tell you if it's domey or not. Don't worry about the markings. Read the first thread in this post, it's accurate.

Poppy top (domey) Pro's are the only other Destroyer I pay attention to, they're huge bombers, start out about the stability of a flatter Star, but beat in fast. Best on a more open fairway. I keep one in the bag when I don't have a really beat Star on hand.

Just picked up a couple nice Star's. New swirly orange AJ and what looks to be an older SDS.

Any ideas what is up with the yellow one (which is also a bit 'swirly')?

XJljo3W.jpg

fU1Ad3B.jpg

iou8awz.jpg

What do you want to know about the yellow S/DS? S/DSs started popping up with Pre-Avery stamps, and carried through to the Avery stamp with the smaller Innova logo. Because of the light weight, yours likely has some of the ol' school star lite in it.

What do you want to know about the yellow S/DS? S/DSs started popping up with Pre-Avery stamps, and carried through to the Avery stamp with the smaller Innova logo. Because of the light weight, yours likely has some of the ol' school star lite in it.
Thanks. Are these a relatively 'good' / desirable run?

I just thought it was a bit strange to find one new at a retail store when every other one I've seen is an AJ version.

I just thought it was a bit strange to find one new at a retail store when every other one I've seen is an AJ version.

Quite the find, the Pre-Avery S/DSs can sell for quite the penny to the right buyer.

just got word from david wiggins that his tour series destro should be out any day now.

just got word from david wiggins that his tour series destro should be out any day now.

I was literally about to send you a PM to see if you heard anything about this, but I decided to check your recent post history to see if you already mentioned something somewhere and found this. Can't wait!

That one brand new can probably sell for $50+. It is a very sweet run but with the prices they're fetching these days it's hard to not sell them. Good find.

That one brand new can probably sell for $50+. It is a very sweet run but with the prices they're fetching these days it's hard to not sell them. Good find.
Nice. What a score. Our local PIAS usually has absolute garbage and, for some reason, I decided to stop yesterday. Found that SDS tucked in the back row. Tried to haggle the price down a bit even more to no avail but now I'm really happy with what I paid.

Honestly bought it to be a thrower. So tempting.

I don't feel like looking through the entire thread and a quick Google search came up with nothing.

How are the gstar destroyers flying?

Are Destrulcans still being ran? I just got one in a trade with a 2014 stamp marked *ds and has a star destroyer sticker on the back.

Still being ran or on old run just getting stamped?

Latest posts