• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

What's funny about all this was that two years ago all I ever heard on this page was, "Where are the super beef destroyers?" " Why don't they make destroyers stable like they used to?" 150 G Japan open super beef and avery SDS super beef destroyers going for 50-100$ but now they give people consistently super stable destroyers, 80% complaints. They're finally putting out a completely consistent ( give or take a few anomaly's ) product and people complain. Like someone said in an earlier post, too stable, try a different plastic. Echo's have great glide and are significantly less stable. Also scorpius' are great discs with mega domes if that's your thing.

Sds is beef that flies. PM's do not fly.

Stable destroyers are coveted. Stable meaning they want to fly straight, i.e. a buzzz. You can torque them on an anny angle and they hold it before panning out. PM's are simply overstable.

I think you guys are all tripping I have 2 pm destroyers in the bag and neither of them are as stable as the old pd2 topped destroyers. They fly great... maybe you just have a case of the noodles and no business throwing one in the first place /shrug

^ most arms have no buissness throw a Destroyer. Excluding New Echo/Destrulcan/*D

We all love PM and his Ds game. There is a reason he throws them well. He has a BIG arm... Most likely you do not. Slice of Humble pie :)

I would love to see more of PM's Nova game appreciated and replicated. Less Ds in everyones bag more Novas. He gets support on both sigs. And there is nothing as buttrey smooth as Pauls and maybe Bradley Williams Nova game

Meh, there are plenty of people who throw far enough to get dependable distance out of Destroyers. I've seen plenty of advanced and even intermediate level players who can throw 400 feet. If you can throw over about 375 on golf lines then I'd say you are probably throwing with enough power to get a benefit out of a distance driver like a Destroyer. I think that generally the golfers who are big enough junkies to be reading DG forums are often at a higher level than your average chucker. Not that there aren't plenty of people throwing high speed drivers who can't get them up to speed, but assuming that those people are the ones reading and posting on these forums is pretty silly imo.

I cant argue with that. But I never over/under estimate DGCR trolls :) me included

Side note im looking for Echo patent pop top
And Sds Have plenty of pre avery *D to trade.. as well as many others as well

The two PM Destroyer's I have are straight beef, and I can get my older Star destroyer's out over 400' consistently. Most days I can get my flippy Pro Destroyer out close to 450', as it's currently my longest one. It's just very touchy so I don't throw it too often.

I don't consider myself a 'big" arm, but I know I'm no noodle arm either. Maybe if I had a solid 500+ feet of power, the PM Destroyer's would fly better for me. Don't get me wrong, they still fly pretty well. I just can't get them out much farther than 350' or so without throwing a huge, high crazy flex line lol.

Sds is beef that flies. PM's do not fly.

Stable destroyers are coveted. Stable meaning they want to fly straight, i.e. a buzzz. You can torque them on an anny angle and they hold it before panning out. PM's are simply overstable.

Not true. Buy a new PM Destroyer and they fly just fine. Look for a zipper top.

What's funny about all this was that two years ago all I ever heard on this page was, "Where are the super beef destroyers?" " Why don't they make destroyers stable like they used to?" 150 G Japan open super beef and avery SDS super beef destroyers going for 50-100$ but now they give people consistently super stable destroyers, 80% complaints. They're finally putting out a completely consistent ( give or take a few anomaly's ) product and people complain. Like someone said in an earlier post, too stable, try a different plastic. Echo's have great glide and are significantly less stable. Also scorpius' are great discs with mega domes if that's your thing.

This happens with every disc. More complaints from Destroyers because more people throw them. People get used to whatever run is available when they first start throwing/bagging the disc, then complain when that run changes. So you have the *D fans that love the turn/fade nature of a "good" Destroyer that will complain about OS Destroyers, then you'll have the SDS fans that like their "good" OS Destroyers that will complain any time they throw a Destroyer that has turn out of the box. This is oversimplifying it, but you get the point.

Meh, there are plenty of people who throw far enough to get dependable distance out of Destroyers. I've seen plenty of advanced and even intermediate level players who can throw 400 feet. If you can throw over about 375 on golf lines then I'd say you are probably throwing with enough power to get a benefit out of a distance driver like a Destroyer. I think that generally the golfers who are big enough junkies to be reading DG forums are often at a higher level than your average chucker. Not that there aren't plenty of people throwing high speed drivers who can't get them up to speed, but assuming that those people are the ones reading and posting on these forums is pretty silly imo.

You must live in big arm country. 400 is rare here

Does anyone throw DX destroyers?

Used to throw DX but taco'd too many. They do fly great brand new and work in very quickly as good anhyzer discs, great glide. No one dislikes DX discs because of how they fly, it's the crayon-soft vulnerability to trees, posts, debris.

Portland is an awesome place for disc golf. There are a lot of great courses, and a lot of good players here. It's also fairly low elevation compared to places like Colorado. I'm not saying that all or even most people who throw high speed drivers ought to be doing so. However, out of the self-selected group of disc junkies who read/post on DGCR, I'd believe a much higher percentage of them than normal are throwing discs appropriate to their arm speeds.

Does anyone throw DX destroyers?

I was so excited when they came out with the Dx Destroyers because this was the first real 150 class, but the one I got was crazy overstable, with no high speed turn, like my pop top max weight first run ESDS and my Starlite, even after plenty of seasoning, so it lives in the box now.
The best D's for me are the straight ones.

This happens with every disc. More complaints from Destroyers because more people throw them. People get used to whatever run is available when they first start throwing/bagging the disc, then complain when that run changes. So you have the *D fans that love the turn/fade nature of a "good" Destroyer that will complain about OS Destroyers, then you'll have the SDS fans that like their "good" OS Destroyers that will complain any time they throw a Destroyer that has turn out of the box. This is oversimplifying it, but you get the point.

This is very true. Its funny because last year's (g)Star destroyers were no beuno for me and i had to hunt for the beef. Now this year's PM are fantastic beef and I have to hunt for other runs to fill my max D bomber roles because ive lost all my older bomber goodness.

Such is the nature of the game, i, suppose.

Really? I would say 80% of the ams, myself included, throw over 400ft at my local course. You kind of need to for how long it is... and I love the new pm destroyers they remind me of sds of old I even have one getting beat in now and it gets some turn with good fade! Not for everyone i suppose

Not so sure about that stamp. They stuck his head on an albatross? The bottom stamp is sweet though.

Latest posts