• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

besides blizzard plastic, what is the most under-stable destroyer out there that I can buy?

DX, but that will be a useless roller after a couple tree hits.

Pro plastic will last you longer and there are many people here that cycle Pro Destroyers.

If you want the longevity of premium plastic then you can't really pick one to be -the- understable plastic. They all vary run to run. From the current run I think the G-star are the least stable (unless you can find some echo stars from last year).

besides blizzard plastic, what is the most under-stable destroyer out there that I can buy?

I once had a beat in DX Destroyer, 140g. Even flippier than Blizzard, but a tailwind dream.

A 150'ish Destroyer in premium plastic would be a sweet spot for a lot of throwers/chuckers.

Ordered a bunch of factory second champion glow destroyers. I know everyone hates champ destroyers as do I but... these things fly true to the numbers and they are gummy and feel like star! Threw my furthest flick at a tourney Sunday with one.

Ordered a bunch of factory second champion glow destroyers. I know everyone hates champ destroyers as do I but... these things fly true to the numbers and they are gummy and feel like star! Threw my furthest flick at a tourney Sunday with one.

I wish I had the arm for those. They do feel good.

current color champ glow destroyers are actually mellow in destroyer over stability ranking. almost AJ destroyer like!

i tried three different ones from my buddies and they all said the same thing before i threw.

I would guess a Pro off the shelf. But u might have a roller pretty fast. I dunno maybe DX but they can be pretty os in certain runs. I have heard the newer Echos are pretty nice. So that's where I would suggest ppl to when it come to go to the store and purchase. So go Echo and beat it to understable, watch it glide for days

Interested in picking up some star destroyers. Can anybody tell me how much of a difference weight will make with the newer run ones. Looking specifically at picking up 175, 172, 167, 161, and 139 g ones respectively. Should I notice a huge difference between the 4 as far as stability goes?

Best thing to do is compare their wing height/PLH on a flat surface. It'll be a crapshoot from the 167-175g range, it'll depend way more on the wing height. Going down to 161g (likely) and definitely the 139g they should start being less stable.

What's the general consensus on AJ Star Destroyers? I found one last week and love it. It flies how a Destroyer ought to (true to the numbers). It's NOTHING like the McBeth ones. Actually it very much reminds me of a proto first run star Destroyer.

What's the general consensus on AJ Star Destroyers? I found one last week and love it. It flies how a Destroyer ought to (true to the numbers). It's NOTHING like the McBeth ones. Actually it very much reminds me of a proto first run star Destroyer.

the general consensus is that there will be a vocal population that HATES current destroyers then LOVES (and we'll pay TOP DOLLAR) the previously HATED run once it's out of production.

the general consensus is that there will be a vocal population that HATES current destroyers then LOVES (and we'll pay TOP DOLLAR) the previously HATED run once it's out of production.

Hah, I've kind of gathered the same thing. Soon as a disc is out of production suddenly its the greatest thing ever made. I remember when proto star Destroyer were common. I used to find them on the course, often more than one at a time. Now they're worth a ton.

Aj's could do anything. Turn out of the box or firebird overstable, whatever.

Really no more consistent than any current run.

There are soft 3 lines, hard 3 lines, flat 3 lines, pop top 3 lines, slanty destrulcan style 3 lines, "pd2" topped 3 lines....

But they're great! Ha. Don't pay a premium price for one unless you are certain it's the same style you love.

The trick with Destroyers is to buy more than you need of the current run, hold on to the extras, then sell them for twice as much when their prices finally rise a few runs later. Use the profit from the sales to buy extras of the next run, rinse, repeat. This can basically pay for your throwers.

I thought that trick was finally going to stop working with the 2-line AJ Destroyers because absolutely NOBODY wanted those, but they just took a little more time to mature...

I'm seeing pictures pop up now of the Destroyers with the mold name engraved into the disc. Guess what I'm doing? Buying up whatever I can find without the engraving because you know people will be looking for that 11x PFN pre-engraving pearly shimmer platinum plus down the road and they'll have Paypal ready.

Yep, it's so true. notroman, that sounds like a good strategy. I remember back in the 3-line AJ era, people all raved about how great the overstable SDS's were. Now we have overstable McBeth's and people rave about how great the AJ's were. There's probably even a collector's market for flippy destrulcans. It's kind of hilarious.

I sold all my SDS Destroyers when the 3-line AJ run came out and used the money to buy more 3-line AJ Destroyers. I think the SDS Destroyers were selling for $30-40 used at the time. The AJ Destroyers cost me ~$14 per disc shipped, so I was easily getting 2 for 1 if not better. I am sitting on roughly 80 of them now and they seem to be going for $25-35 each. Seems like a good time to sell off at that price and do more 2 for 1 on the current McBeth run.

I bag both the AJ and the McBeth Destroyers so I probably won't get rid of ALL my AJs, but I definitely don't need as many as I have now.

Latest posts