• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I love when people describe how "2 line AJ's" fly. I have two 2-lines in my backup bag. Out of the box, one of them was the most understable Destroyer I ever got. The other one is the most massively overstable.

After the first couple runs, once the production volumes cranked up, there was huge variation in all runs. This latest run will be no different.

Sounds like posturing, he just wants to sell some discs. Good tactic though, pick up a hot selling popular mold, claim it's got more use to the common player than previously and then throw a crazy stamp on it.

He's probably going to cut some good checks before people start complaining. I didn't like Destroyers until the 4x meat hook ones, so this probably means I won't like them.

I love when people describe how "2 line AJ's" fly. I have two 2-lines in my backup bag. Out of the box, one of them was the most understable Destroyer I ever got. The other one is the most massively overstable.

After the first couple runs, once the production volumes cranked up, there was huge variation in all runs. This latest run will be no different.

Same. I've got two AJ's from the first summer I started playing. One was an out-of-the-box hyzer flip bomber. The other was/is more overstable than any PD2 I've thrown. Both weigh 167-169.(Can't remember exactly off the top of my head.)

C'mon Innova, it's the biggest release of the year. And you f***ed it up.

Not mine, from reddit:
862s7vykso921.jpg

Just watch... in 2 years McBeth star Destroyers will be a hot commodity and go for $40 each used. Destroyers appreciate faster than precious metals.

Unless they are the Champion ones, those Destroyer are considered garbage by players for some reason though I and another player have used them and like them in the bag. He has different use for the Champion Destroyer disc then me as I use them for my OS distance driver

Unless they are the Champion ones, those Destroyer are considered garbage by players for some reason though I and another player have used them and like them in the bag. He has different use for the Champion Destroyer disc then me as I use them for my OS distance driver

Just watch... in 2 years McBeth star Destroyers will be a hot commodity and go for $40 each used. Destroyers appreciate faster than precious metals.

Casey, I get the feeling you need glasses, or another class in comprehension.

Of the year, yes. With McBeth now working for a competitor, Wysocki is Innova's biggest news item... of the year. And yes, I agree that they're doing a very poor job with the marketing of all this...

It's just a destroyer with a new stamp. It's not really that big of a deal. What else is innova supposed to do? They don't have to try hard to market stuff. They could sell destroyers with dong stamps, and people would still buy them.

It's just a destroyer with a new stamp. It's not really that big of a deal. What else is innova supposed to do? They don't have to try hard to market stuff. They could sell destroyers with dong stamps, and people would still buy them.

This guy gets it.

I like the fact that there are destroyer variances. As long as you know what to look for, you can get a cycle going pretty easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true. I was just expressing my agreement that it's Innova's biggest release of the year, not of all time. And I was also saying that Innova didn't do their best marketing the Wysocki arrival, as opposed to Destroyers (which, as you said, need very little marketing).

I see both sides of the argument. Destroyers are great drivers and would (theoretically) sell well no matter how hard Innova pushed them or whose signature was on the disc. However, DG'ers are an often fickle group. They seem to want to buy discs based on marketing hype and certain pros throwing them. Plus, many star Destroyers seem to be bought for collector reasons, hence all the sniping about the new stamp.

What I think is interesting is the recent (and rampant) hype around Discraft. Suddenly Forces and Buzzzes are super hot commodities. Paul really is a big name in DG. Wherever he goes, success in disc marketing/sales will follow.

What will be interesting to see in the future is how many people threw Destroyers simply because Paul McBeth did, vs. how many people throw them because they really like the mold and get good use out of it.

I'm no expert on market trends, but I'd assume that star Destroyer sales will remain fairly steady in the future. The mold is well established and thrown by many, many good players. I can't see tons of guys abandoning the Destroyer simply because Paul switched brands. That said, there will be an immediate uptick in interest in Discraft molds. Especially the new molds they've just come out with per Mcbeth's desires.