• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Detroit Area Courses

puck'n'disc5

Par Member
Heading from St. Louis to Detroit to watch the Blues Vs. Detroit game on Sunday, October 27. I was going to try to sneak a round in early Sunday (somewhere near Detroit) before the game, assuming the weather cooperates. I will more than likely only have enough time to play 1 round at 1 course.

Any suggestions out there? I will have my brother with me, he doesn't play too much, but he will be walking the course with me. I did do a search on the area courses, but I did see quite a few. I am not familiar at all with the area either.

Thanks for the help DGCR!

Depending on where you're staying and able to drive to, there really aren't any options close to Little Caesar's Arena. Pretty much all of he better courses in the area are about a good 30-50 min or so away from the arena, depending on time of day.

Be prepared to pay about $10/car park entry fee, + another $3/day for disc golf.
Hudson Mills, Kensington, Indy Lake are all very good options with two courses I'd rate as 3.5 each at each location. Rolling hills is another good option.

If you like hilly terrain, Id recommend Following Hills, Kensington Green, or maybe even Indy Lake red hawk X.

If you prefer it flatter, I'd say Hudson Mills.
All of them are pretty well maintained.

There's plenty of good info from some of us locals in this recent thread.

Last edited:
Correction: Following Rolling Hills.... my phone always screws up my posts. :eek:

Welcome to the area. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Bogey is on point. Hudson Mills is one of my favorite parks. Easy to navigate, plenty of benches, clean, well maintained, dual tee pads and nice brightly colored baskets. It is a 45 min to an hour drive from downtown. It is a beautiful park in the fall as well. You should be close to hitting the sugar maples in full blaze, and that park has a lot of them.

If you are staying downtown, I would suggest checking out Roast for dinner. A high end steak house with outstanding cuts of cow....if that is your thing. Also, Founders has a new bar down by the arena for a pre or post drink....if that is your thing. If you don't have tix, don't sit in the upper bowl. Pay the extra, you will be happy you did.

If the steakhouse is not your gig, give a shout, I would be glad to recommend any other options.

Have fun, the arena is fantastic. Go Wings.

Latest posts