• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW 2009

North Park: That tiny shard of a slab on #11 and the little pad on #2 is a bit ridiculous. IMO, it does not matter how one would play those holes, you should build a "real" pad for each hole. Don't get me wrong, it will continue to be the second most played course for me. ;)

I hate that thing on 11. It makes me just stand and throw to be comfortable with my drive. 2 doesn't bother me at all because I just step into a forehand drive.
I know that Brandon is letting people pay more to sponsor larger concrete pads. I guess that the people that sponsor the longer holes need to pony up for longer pads. It would be nice if hole 1 was longer for sure. They would all be fine if they were more flush with the ground making for a more smooth transition from dirt to concrete.

I hate that thing on 11. It makes me just stand and throw to be comfortable with my drive. 2 doesn't bother me at all because I just step into a forehand drive.
I know that Brandon is letting people pay more to sponsor larger concrete pads. I guess that the people that sponsor the longer holes need to pony up for longer pads. It would be nice if hole 1 was longer for sure. They would all be fine if they were more flush with the ground making for a more smooth transition from dirt to concrete.

I agree. I looked into paying for a hole, but I gotta say after seeing 2 & 13, I really kind of backed out. I like Brandon and respect his course designs alot, but the teepads at North Park just bum me out. :(

I agree. I looked into paying for a hole, but I gotta say after seeing 2 & 13, I really kind of backed out. I like Brandon and respect his course designs alot, but the teepads at North Park just bum me out. :(

They could be better. We can't complain too much though when we haven't been the ones out there doing the work.
Realistically, I don't mind that people have a problem with them. That means a less crowded course for me to go play after work. :) That is always a good thing.
I do know that the course has been more crowded since they went in.

They could be better. We can't complain too much though when we haven't been the ones out there doing the work.
Realistically, I don't mind that people have a problem with them. That means a less crowded course for me to go play after work. :) That is always a good thing.

You bet! Plus, we can now play there after a rain. UNTHINKABLE before! :clap:

You're kidding me! The guy that helped design the course told me that somebody on the city council approved the course going in, but the city council never actually voted on approving it. Hopefully the course will stay. That stinks.

Rumor is that the city pulled the pins due to someone cutting trees on the course. The city council will discuss replacing the pins @ their meeting in Feb.

Until then email [email protected] to get this course back! Please include where you live and how often you play

Near the end of the year and DFW courses are rated:
1. Harry Myers
2. Beaver
3. Coyote
4. Towne Lake
5. Z-Boaz
6. Vet
7. Lake Lewisville
8. Bear Creek
9. Turner
10. Arcadia
11. Frito Lay
12. Fritz
13. Alex Clark
14. Bicentennial
15. Paschal

I think it might be interesting to look back on this list in a year or so. I expect Turner to move up once the concrete tees and tee signs go in. I went to 15 so I could get Bicentennial on the list. I think that course is underrated in comparison. I expect Arcadia to drop down as more non locals review it. When Samuel Grand gets installed I expect it to come in high on the list.

Near the end of the year and DFW courses are rated:
1. Harry Myers
2. Beaver
3. Coyote
4. Towne Lake
5. Z-Boaz
6. Vet
7. Lake Lewisville
8. Bear Creek
9. Turner
10. Arcadia
11. Frito Lay
12. Fritz
13. Alex Clark
14. Bicentennial
15. Paschal

I think it might be interesting to look back on this list in a year or so. I expect Turner to move up once the concrete tees and tee signs go in. I went to 15 so I could get Bicentennial on the list. I think that course is underrated in comparison. I expect Arcadia to drop down as more non locals review it. When Samuel Grand gets installed I expect it to come in high on the list.

You put Arcadia above Alex Clark, Frito Lay, and Fritz? For that matter Crowley. I would rather drive to crowley and North Park then Arcadia

You put Arcadia above Alex Clark, Frito Lay, and Fritz? For that matter Crowley. I would rather drive to crowley and North Park then Arcadia

No, this isn't my personal list. This is the way they shake out if you go into the course browser and put the DFW courses in order by rating per this site. My list would only agree with the top 5 or 6 the way it is listed. I'd have crowley in the top 10.

Can't complain too much? How bout not at all? So much talk and wishful thinking, no action. The boxes in question are above the ground because they will be covered in mud if they were level with ground. we planned all along to terrace these with timbers or pavestones with plenty of run up room like the ones at Z-boaz but time, money and assistance are limited. We have had many work days and I have seen neither of you out there to help. I would rather you thank people like Dan Regal and Jerry Seabolt for all they do selflessly to help me. Realistically, I like you both but am sick and tired of "experts" like yourselves aiming your keyboards into cyberspace aimlessly criticizing others hard work and sacrifice, yet doing nothing to help. i would normally ignore this but your rhetoric is tiresome and your lack of consideration appalling. Have your ever lifted a finger to help install a tee pad just to see in the distance some dickhead carving his name in the one you just poured?, or work your ass off to clean up the course just to see some idiot throw his beer bottle in one of the baskets? Didn't your mom ever tell you if you don't have something positive to say etc.?

grow up guys!! Put your money where your mouth is!!

Can't complain too much? How bout not at all? So much talk and wishful thinking, no action. The boxes in question are above the ground because they will be covered in mud if they were level with ground. we planned all along to terrace these with timbers or pavestones with plenty of run up room like the ones at Z-boaz but time, money and assistance are limited. We have had many work days and I have seen neither of you out there to help. I would rather you thank people like Dan Regal and Jerry Seabolt for all they do selflessly to help me. Realistically, I like you both but am sick and tired of "experts" like yourselves aiming your keyboards into cyberspace aimlessly criticizing others hard work and sacrifice, yet doing nothing to help. i would normally ignore this but your rhetoric is tiresome and your lack of consideration appalling. Have your ever lifted a finger to help install a tee pad just to see in the distance some dickhead carving his name in the one you just poured?, or work your ass off to clean up the course just to see some idiot throw his beer bottle in one of the baskets? Didn't your mom ever tell you if you don't have something positive to say etc.?

Sorry if you read it otherwise Brandon but I have nothing but respect for you and your efforts towards the disc golf community. Good answer on why the pads arn't level. Sorry I don't do the hour + drive to help you work on Gateway, Haltom City or Greenbrier. It just isn't a realistic expectation for someone who lives as far away as I do. I've played HC & GW twice and haven't made it to GB. I do course work on my side of town, I've helped cut in two courses. I believe you have even seen my carrying a trash bucket around lake park doing my part for the disc golf community, that wasn't a one time deal., I pick up a lot of trash every time I play.

B, I reread this thread. If anything, everyone was complementary to your efforts in course design and maintenance/improvements. Looks like this would have been a good opening to publicly ask for more help. Looks like you went the other way with it.

I'm thankful for the tees that are there. It has been a definite improvement to a course that I play all the time. Brandon and the others do a great job to keep North Park (and others) in great shape. Thanks guys!

Aiming keyboars into cyberspace? Okay. Not sure who you think is the one guilty of that.

If you wanted help with the course I would have been glad to help out. I haven't heard of one single work day at North Park. You really can't complain about not having help when you haven't asked.

...and if this is your way of asking for help, it's probably not the best way.

schedule a work day for dec 18-dec 28. I'll be there. I live in san antonio now but will be visiting family and would love to help out. I missed a workday down here at McClain simply because I just didnt hear about it, despite playing club tournaments and being around the course. I didnt find out until after the fact.

schedule a work day for dec 18-dec 28. I'll be there. I live in san antonio now but will be visiting family and would love to help out. I missed a workday down here at McClain simply because I just didnt hear about it, despite playing club tournaments and being around the course. I didnt find out until after the fact.

Are you talking about a work day at North Park?

Are you talking about a work day at North Park?

YES! I will be in town for about 10 days and would love to help out if Inches of Mercury guys or anyone else will be working at North Park. I know I'll be playing the course a few times during that period and would like to pitch in if possible.

My personal story was about McClain in San Antonio. There was a workday that happened right under my nose despite being on the course frequently and playing mini's and tournaments. The point being that just because the workers are few doesn't necessarily mean its because people aren't willing. I believe its just a simple issue of communication.

Alright, I talked with a couple of the guys and I think we are going to try and get out there saturday. I'll send you a pm with my number and you can give me a call if you can/want to make it out. And once I know for sure, I'll post something on here.