• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

And a big thanks to you Steve coming out and showing us some love it was really cool meeting and talking to you I think I'm gonna have to buy some more Vibram stuff cause I'm loving the Ascent thy I bought..what putter we you using when we were throwing your putter and my Ion at the steps I would love to try one out once again thanks for coming-out and supporting DFW disc golf

Thank you very much for your time I think it will go a long way with the City of Kennedale. Thanks for the tossed salad last night:)

Anyone know what is happening at Bicentennial DCG in Crowley? The basket for hole 5 was gone and so was the concrete tee pad for hole 6 when I was there yesterday.

I had heard they were going to loose some holes due to a casual golfer trespassing to get a disc thrown over a residences fence.

Anyone know what is happening at Bicentennial DCG in Crowley? The basket for hole 5 was gone and so was the concrete tee pad for hole 6 when I was there yesterday.

Brice said the basket for 5 will be back soon, and they will be putting in a new tee position for 6. That's all I know at the moment.

Baskets are supposed to be installed tomorrow by noon, per the Trophy Club Park facebook page. It's a decent little course, just be wary of spotting your drive on hole 2.

thanks! :thmbup:

Tonight at Veterans flip doubles at 6pm buy in is a decent disc or 10$

Hey, I had fun, even as the cali posting a +20 for the round. It was great meeting some of the DGCR peeps, and a perfect way to cap off what is probably my last evening at Veterans.

Hope to see you guys out at Audubon (sat at 11am flip dubs) and/or Paschall (Sun 11am singles).

Next time, I hope you spot teams with ladies on them 5 throws per female on the team. That sounds fair to me given that the top pro men are rated close to 1050, and the top pro ladies are rated close to 950.

we would have given you strokes no problem sorry i didnt think about it. it was nice meeting you i had fun

Ten bux two surges one is Z the other is ESP a Cryztal avenger ss and a star mako for the ctp

On 8-14-11 the City of Kennedale implimented the following changes:
-3's tee moved back toward 1's tee.
-4 changed to hole 8 to make room for the new 4 and 5.
-4's tee is up from the old hole 4's tee and goes to the creek (old 5's bucket)
-5's tee moved 50 ft toward the basket.
-6's tee moved up to the left of the bridge. They will be grading this area in the near future.
-7's tee moved back.
-8 is across the creek from 7 toward hole 9 up by the bench.
-9's tee moved to the right from the old one. The basket moved toward hole ones tee or to the left of the old hole.

Bridge will be in this week.

Concrete tee's will follow after we have tweaked the course for safety and best layout.

from what i have heard, hole 6 was to be taken out due to disc golfers climbing on fences to get discs back. they are going to move the tee pad to change to line and reduce amount of discs going over the fence.

hole 5 basket was taken out, but it is reported to be back within a couple weeks..

I was eyeing this list of local PDGA tournaments for the rest of the year and noticed something.

DD Mother's Day Madness, Cedar Hill, May 7

DD Cedar Hill Open, Cedar Hill, June 18-19

Woodway Challenge, Woodway, August 27

USWDGC, Round Rock, September 16-18

DD Lewisville Open, Lewisville, September 17-18

21st Veterans Park Open, Arlington, November 5-6

Bob Robertson Memorial, Crowley, December 3

What I noticed is a lack of tournaments in July and August. Does ti really get too hot for a tournament during those months? Are there still going to be minis available? If so, what are some good minis to look into to fill those gaps?

Yes, it does get that hot.

Minis:
Tuesday- Crowley @ 6
Thursday- ZBoaz @ 530\
Wednesday?- Weatherford @ ?

Also, two other tourneys:
ZBoaz Open May 21&22 (should get sanctioning this week, maybe today)
ZDubs April 30, non sanctioned.