• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever think Augmented Reality Disc Golf will be a thing?

Sounds fun. As long as it is outdoors, involves no cellular or electronic devices, in the woods, involves a 2-4 mile walk, with varied flora and fauna, changing weather, tee pads, baskets and plastic circular throwing devices.

To be clear, since there seems to be some confusion: while related, augmented reality isn't DG simulation in a room or virtual reality, per se, which some posts are describing. You would be going to your local course and could be (preferably) throwing your own discs*. AR would Augment reality, not supplant it.

I see the future of Augmented Reality and disc golf as being used for fieldwork, like I mentioned in a previous post. Go to the field and instead of just throwing discs back and forth, you could be 'playing' a hole that you normally have issues with, or trying different shots.
It's just instead of seeing the disc fly over an open field, you'd see it fly over whatever virtual background you supplied.

Making a mowed flat practice field into an interesting hole or putting a practice programm into the VR glasses to see certain lines I want to repeteatly practice would be an interesting idea. If VR ever becomes affordable and light I could see myself using that one to make field practice more interesting/applicable.

Also imagine it could track and film the flight of your discs. No more agonising searching for your disc in the bushed for 20 mins.

Latest posts