• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

If any of y'all DFW players are on Reddit please check out /r/DFWdiscgolf . I know we have DGCR and Facebook, but I thought it would nice to have another place to post local meetups and info.

Last edited:
I just read a review for a new Saddle Hills page, as the old one has been RIP'ed. The review says there are now 19 holes and praises the course for it's huge concrete pads, and how hole 5 is great...here lies the confusion. I just played there 5 days ago, and there was no concrete, hole 5 had been removed, and I only found 17 holes. Anyone have some insight here?

I just read a review for a new Saddle Hills page, as the old one has been RIP'ed. The review says there are now 19 holes and praises the course for it's huge concrete pads, and how hole 5 is great...here lies the confusion. I just played there 5 days ago, and there was no concrete, hole 5 had been removed, and I only found 17 holes. Anyone have some insight here?

The forms are in for the concrete and it's being poured this week. 5, 11, and 14 are all newly designed holes and the flow of the course has changed a bit. The new hole 11 & 14 baskets are not in yet but will be this week as well. Here is a map I made that shows the new layout. For more information and updates, check out Patriot Disc Golf Club's Facebook page.
3JCzfqg.jpg

3JCzfqg

Last edited:
I guess whoever wrote the review was assuming by the time anyone saw that new page, everything would be done.

The Teepads are going to be legit though, long and brushed. Similar to the longs at Weatherford DGC. There are a ton of minor changes as well...

We're having the grand opening for Disc Golf @ Southwestern in Keene on April 12. The event is going to be at the new course, Carver Park and a temp layout at Callicott Park. We've got a good players pack together, with a tourny disc, Keene dg mini and a Southweastern DG t shirt. It's $25 for all divisions. All the money made goes into the park to help pay for trash cans, benches and other upgrades.

We should have all the concrete tee pads in this week, and the signs are being printed right now.

Here's the tournament page
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/tournaments.php?mode=view&tid=6082

I guess whoever wrote the review was assuming by the time anyone saw that new page, everything would be done.

The Teepads are going to be legit though, long and brushed. Similar to the longs at Weatherford DGC. There are a ton of minor changes as well...

Thanks for the info! Very exciting news. You say the forms are in, does that mean for ALL the tees? I'm planning on checking it out later this evening to get an idea of the new layout if everything is there except for the actual concrete and the missing baskets you mentioned.

Thanks for the info! Very exciting news. You say the forms are in, does that mean for ALL the tees? I'm planning on checking it out later this evening to get an idea of the new layout if everything is there except for the actual concrete and the missing baskets you mentioned.

All 19 holes have a form ready for concrete to be poured. :D That is 1 per hole, not multiples for each.

Denison TX hosting an A-tier May 9-10

DENISON PARKS & RECREATION PRESENTS:
Red River Amateur Championship
May 9-10, 2015
Munson Park, Denison, Texas

Limit of 100 players
PDGA A-tier for Amateurs only

Event 36 holes (two rounds) Saturday
18 holes on Sunday,
Plus final 6 (1-2-3-6-8-9) for divisions with over 10 players

All Players get 2 discs and more.
Also a shirt if you register in the PDGA event by April 12th.

Register on line at www.DiscGolfUnited.com
Day of show registration (if not full) 8:00 to 9:00
Players meeting at 9:15 Start at 9:30

Advanced Divisions $70
Intermediate Divisions $50
Recreational Division $50
PDGA membership required for A-tier events!

Tee times will be used, with all players going off tee one
(or off tees one and 10 if under 90 players)​

Attachments

• Denison final map.jpg
    Denison final map.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 6
  • denison hole 12.JPG
    denison hole 12.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Denison 2015 hot stamp.jpg
    Denison 2015 hot stamp.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 5
I don't understand why the saddle hills course got "rip". It has one hole redesign and two holes added. To me that's what the redesign date is for. I understand create a new course if the majority of the course is over hauled.

Is one playing across the creek now? Did they fix the gross baskets on two and three? Is 8 a par 4!? (please please please) 11 seems interesting, given the terrain. I have never walked over where 14 plays. I am excited for this update, hopefully it plays well, but mostly no more ankle breaker teepads!

I don't understand why the saddle hills course got "rip". It has one hole redesign and two holes added. To me that's what the redesign date is for. I understand create a new course if the majority of the course is over hauled.

Probably wasn't necessary but probably good to start clean and let people know that things are different now. I see people all the time playing everything in the wrong order.

5 is a new hole
6's teepad is a different place than before
9's teepad was moved back a bit
10's teepad moved back a bit
11 is a new hole
12 now plays from on top of the hill
14 is a new hole
16's teepad was moved slightly
19's teepad will actually now be a part of the sidewalk

Is one playing across the creek now? Did they fix the gross baskets on two and three? Is 8 a par 4!? (please please please) 11 seems interesting, given the terrain. I have never walked over where 14 plays. I am excited for this update, hopefully it plays well, but mostly no more ankle breaker teepads!

One has played across the creek in the past actually.

The poop basket doesn't have poop in it anymore :D

8 will still be considered a 3 probably but you can call it whatever you want outside of a tourney.

The new 14 is interesting, it's all about placement because you are throwing straight up a steep hill and then an upshot to an elevated basket. You will just have to see it!

We got the concrete tee pads put in at Southwestern in Keene today. They should be set by this weekend. Should have all the signage in this week.

The grand opening for our course in Keene went very well. This was our first proper tournament we've ever done, before we've just had minis and ace race type events. We had just shy of 50 players, good turnout in most of the divisions. This is going to turn into an annual event, on the SWAU's Alumni Weekend. We may have it sanctioned next year.
But everything went smooth, no incidents, the weather stayed good for us. Some of the university big wigs showed up and were surprised by the turnout, so that's good for us. We had a number of the Crowley and Funkytown guys down. it was nice to show off the course to other DFDub peeps.

I'm arriving DFW 9:30am Wednesday (next week), grabbing a rental, headed to Selah. Traffic/route wise, I've talked myself into the 161 (Bush) north to the 635 (LBJ) around to I-30. With shuttle and rental pickup, it will be at least 10am before leaving the airport.

Is there any reason I should go 183/35E through downtown Dallas instead? I've ridden that way with a local friend before, and it seems like a death wish.

Or should I just look at google traffic when I leave the rental plaza and decide from there?

Also saw I could go up to McKinney and over to Greenville, but didn't see that as a good option.

I'm arriving DFW 9:30am Wednesday (next week), grabbing a rental, headed to Selah. Traffic/route wise, I've talked myself into the 161 (Bush) north to the 635 (LBJ) around to I-30. With shuttle and rental pickup, it will be at least 10am before leaving the airport.

Is there any reason I should go 183/35E through downtown Dallas instead? I've ridden that way with a local friend before, and it seems like a death wish.

Or should I just look at google traffic when I leave the rental plaza and decide from there?

Also saw I could go up to McKinney and over to Greenville, but didn't see that as a good option.

Stay off LBJ if you can, that whole north section is under construction. Even a 'green' on the traffic maps means its moving at 30mph with slow-downs.

Depending on the rental car toll policy (if they cover them for you) you can take the Bush all the way to I30 and it's 70+MPH the whole way, otherwise it may be $10 in tolls to go that far.

183 to I30 through downtown shouldn't be too bad actually, especially that time of day. That may be your best bet even if the rental company covers tolls.

And if you arrive at 9:30, it may be closer to 10:30 or 11 by the time you get on your way. There's a Whataburger off 183 and Story Rd to try a Texas original joint for lunch, don't forget to ask for spicy kethup.

Stay off LBJ if you can, that whole north section is under construction. Even a 'green' on the traffic maps means its moving at 30mph with slow-downs.

Depending on the rental car toll policy (if they cover them for you) you can take the Bush all the way to I30 and it's 70+MPH the whole way, otherwise it may be $10 in tolls to go that far.

183 to I30 through downtown shouldn't be too bad actually, especially that time of day. That may be your best bet even if the rental company covers tolls.

And if you arrive at 9:30, it may be closer to 10:30 or 11 by the time you get on your way. There's a Whataburger off 183 and Story Rd to try a Texas original joint for lunch, don't forget to ask for spicy kethup.

Ugh, thanks for the info on the 635. Guess I'll do the deathwish through downtown. Maybe it was my friend going 70-80mph the whole way that made it seem a little hectic. Ha ha.

I've already scoped out some Taco Cabana locations, but Whataburger is a quality suggestion as well!

Thanks!