• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

most Mondays and some Fridays or Saturdays

it's worth it!

The Jaranator looks fun. If I'm in town when there's no mini, would I be able to play? I don't see contact info for the owner.

The Jaranator looks fun. If I'm in town when there's no mini, would I be able to play? I don't see contact info for the owner.

Matthew P. Jara on Facebook is another way you might be able to schedule a time to play. I'm not sure the course is open for play any other time than minis and tournaments, however.

Jara is a spectacular course and Matt's a freaking awesome guy. Try to make it out to Monday Madness, he'll feed you most days and entertain with an awesome private course that offers some of the nicest lines and risk/reward shots in the area. It's not open for public play but if you're traveling he may make an exception if you shoot him a message.

Played the new course in Sherman this weekend. I really like it. A lot of wooded holes and some epic wide open holes behind and on the dam. I like the nine hole loops (good because it's a long course). It doesn't get repetitious because there's a good balance of woods and open holes. Elevation changes throughout.

It's not a beginner course, a place to bring a date (unless she's Paige Pierce) or drag around a cart (although I saw a couple of groups that had them. The course is fresh cleared under the trees, so it's rough footing. The open holes are played in the short grass). The park is very well maintained.

Highly recommended for a day trip destination and a must play if you're traveling to DFW from the north. Paired with Munson Park in Denison, you can play two great courses and make it an all day trip. Both designed by H B Clark and both a lot of fun.

Bring a driver or two that you can live with ending up in the lake. Overthrowing the basket on 14, grip locking or turning over RHBH on 15, or a too short drive on 16 will likely be a lost disc... in Sherman.

Just wanna pop in and give an update on my trip to DFW/Mt. Vernon. Selah and Trey Ranch were great and I want to go back. Harry Myers, of course, was also awesome. The Cedars in Fate was a pleasant surprise but also way tougher than I expected. After that, I managed to make it to Lester Lorch for both Beaver and Coyote. If I weren't so stinkin' pooped, I'm sure I would have enjoyed both even more. I picked up a gazillion chiggers along the way, and a tiny bit of poison ivy (at Lorch, I think). But all of those courses were extremely fun, and I need to get back down there.

As a birthday gift to myself, I am taking this Friday the 28th off work to play 3-4 courses on the west side of Ft Worth. I figured I'd warm up at Greenbriar, then Z Boaz and finish at Saddle Hills before I pass out from heat exhaustion. I've played most everything east of I-35W all the way to the Cedars, so I'm trying to finish Tarrant county.

Being new to these courses, I could use a playing partner to show me the local lines and basically help find lost discs. Plus playing alone gets old since I'm normally rushing through a course before the kids wake up on Sunday, and this will be a nice change of pace. Lunch is included, and I love local flavor if you know a good place nearby. I don't drink but don't mind it at all, and I have to be done by 4 so I can do a daycare pick-up in Las Colinas.

Would be happy to meet anyone at any individual course at a set time, just IM me here and we'll exchange digits.

As a birthday gift to myself, I am taking this Friday the 28th off work to play 3-4 courses on the west side of Ft Worth. I figured I'd warm up at Greenbriar, then Z Boaz and finish at Saddle Hills before I pass out from heat exhaustion. I've played most everything east of I-35W all the way to the Cedars, so I'm trying to finish Tarrant county.

Being new to these courses, I could use a playing partner to show me the local lines and basically help find lost discs. Plus playing alone gets old since I'm normally rushing through a course before the kids wake up on Sunday, and this will be a nice change of pace. Lunch is included, and I love local flavor if you know a good place nearby. I don't drink but don't mind it at all, and I have to be done by 4 so I can do a daycare pick-up in Las Colinas.

Would be happy to meet anyone at any individual course at a set time, just IM me here and we'll exchange digits.

Crowley better than Greenbriar. GB is basically an open mostly hyzer fest.

Crowley better than Greenbriar. GB is basically an open mostly hyzer fest.

Looks like I should probably break the 'west side' trip into two parts of different days -
Greenbriar, Crowley and Z Boaz on Friday then come back around the north side another day.

Plus it will be 100 degrees and these courses don't seem to have much shade.

Looks like I should probably break the 'west side' trip into two parts of different days -
Greenbriar, Crowley and Z Boaz on Friday then come back around the north side another day.

Plus it will be 100 degrees and these courses don't seem to have much shade.

If no one else chimes in I could do the Z and Saddle Hills with you, but it would have to be early, like a 630 or 700 o'clock start.

If no one else chimes in I could do the Z and Saddle Hills with you, but it would have to be early, like a 630 or 700 o'clock start.

That would be smart of me to get started before it gets so hot, but that would also mean leaving the house well before 6am :|

I figure it'll be after 9 before I start at Z Boaz - 33 miles away through morning traffic.

But I will take you up on the offer when I swing through the courses north of I-30. :thmbup:

I just noticed a new course on the DGCR map for Decatur (Jones Park), no reviews, etc.

Anybody got the story or has anyone played it?

It's been reviewed. Apparently, it isn't finished yet, but is promising. I'll let them finish before making the trip.

I just noticed a new course on the DGCR map for Decatur (Jones Park), no reviews, etc.

Anybody got the story or has anyone played it?

According to the course page, as of 8/8 all of the baskets are in, the tee pads are there, but there aren't tee signs yet (who needs tee signs?).

Bump to remind all DFW players to come hit Bear Creek one last time.

The entire course will be closed September 5th. Signs are posted by holes 1 and 3, even though I didn't think the area on that side of the parking lot was supposed to be effected.

Latest posts