• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I played the course a week ago and the only problem on the front nine was a tree that was down in the fairway of hole 7. I have yet to play the back 9 as I was at lunch and ran out of time. Also the water is dried up that was by hole 4 that smelled really bad. By the way this is one of my favorite courses.

I want to play the beast of a course known as Gateway West.

Honestly, is the back nine playable? I can throw pretty straight, not wild or anything. Should I wait until January or February?

This inquiring mind wants to know...

where's it at? (insert im to lazy to look up here)

Alex Clark - probably the best beginner course due to scenery (shade and all and it's not boring)
Paschall Park - heard it's great
UTD course just blows, it's no fun at all honestly

Alex Clark - probably the best beginner course due to scenery (shade and all and it's not boring)

Gateway West is just east of downtown Fort Worth. (Beach St and Interstate 30). I haven't played the course. Most of my friends aren't interested in playing it, but I usually agree with guys that give a course good ratings for being tough. The back nine was installed in a dense forest next to the Trinity River. I would imagine it grows over every summer. This year the drought may have kept it playable????

Gateway is in Fort Worth.

I'm not a fan of Paschall, it isn't bad but it feels repetative, just not worth the drive for me

Just got done with Gateway and review is up. AWESOME course with tons of potential. There are alot of downfalls right now but still a great course. On Beach halfway between 121 and 30

Just got done with Gateway and review is up. AWESOME course with tons of potential. There are alot of downfalls right now but still a great course. On Beach halfway between 121 and 30

Been playing it lately as well. Its rough around the edges for sure, but has so much potiential.

Yes it does. Why in the world dont the locals play the back during the mini or casually

My wife and I have gone to Tommy and Sue Brown a few times now. It's just like the reviews say. You can get a good idea by looking at it on Mapquest satellite view too. Short, flat and open throws.

Last time we went, we did have to share with some families playing tag football. Everyone was cool. As we were leaving, some guy was setting up a mini soccer field for his little kid. Not quite in the way, not quite out of the way either. I take it this is a for everybody equally kind of park that also has a DG course on it.

Yes it does. Why in the world dont the locals play the back during the mini or casually

I have no clue..I can't get anyone to go play there. I think the front 9 is pretty incredible..haven't actually played the back half yet fully..due to light restrictions when I went.

I knew most of you funkytown boys were scared of playing real golf. And before you say everyone goes to Z Boaz, my HSO is that Gateway is better then ZBoaz with some work

I knew most of you funkytown boys were scared of playing real golf. And before you say everyone goes to Z Boaz, my HSO is that Gateway is better then ZBoaz with some work

With some work..I would agree.

At least your not scared. So how long has that been there? Is there just no love from the city? Locals? Why cant it get cleaned up?

I have no idea. Cause nobody wants the challenge of the whole course it seems. I dont know, but the reviews seem like people like easy, non challenging things. Yes as stated there is TONS of work to be done and the course is very rough for a 4 star review. But the upside is great and if people would play it some of the natural beatdown would take place and help out tons. The city needs to mow fairways especially but other then that, I would think that Funkytown would step up and do something about some of the smaller things. But thats just my opinion after watching a new course(TL) go in and watch the progess that it went through

Funkytown and ADGA both claim Vets. ADGA seems to pwn the heck out of Vets, basically live there, and even hold multiple PDGA tourneys there per year, so I would agree that if either of the two should drop vets and adopt Gateway, it ought to be FT. But what's stopping you from extending your influence as far as Gateway? If FT and AGDA can share Vets, seems you ought to be able to reach out as far as Gateway. And if you did, you could make sure it was done right, and not have to shake your head in sorrow at the feeble efforts of others and call them out over it on the Internet. That's so win win!

AFAIK Funkytown does not 'claim' Vet. Funkytown plays all DFW courses, and this year... has never had a repeat event at any single course. Sponsoring often at Vet is a direct result of how many events are held there.

FT claims 3 home courses on Disc golf Scene, one of which is Vets. While you're on DGS fact checking my story, how about you accept my friend request already, ya bum you?

Latest posts