• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Is there ANY Metroplex course that isn't mud soup after a rain? I'm going anyway, just bringing a change of clothes cuz I need to get out and fling plastic real hard.

Pretty decent conditions Saturday, wish I could blame my score on muddy footing.
FH was awful, couldn't putt, trees were hit...but had a good time and looking forward to another round with razorsmith soon.

OK, here it is, the new course in Keene.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7272#

We have all the Prodigy baskets installed. Teepads are coming soon, they are going to be crushed granite tamped down. We have no signage up yet. there is also a fair bit more clearing for holes 8 and 9.

Right now it is playable, and open for anyone to play. There is no signage yet, so you really need to get the course map from the course page. The transition from 1 to 2 and 6 to 7 are not clear without the map, until we get some signage. If you feel the need to rate this course, remember that everything is not complete yet. We debated adding it, but decided that people will want to come see the course (and mainly the Prodigy baskets), and that somebody else would probably add it if we didn't. The course is playable, so we feel it meets DGCR's requirements.

TWO PARTER:

First i know there are a few courses outside the metroplex that have popped up. I do not know enough about them to add them to the course directory. Do any of you know about olney, tx and decatur both having courses? I heard olney is 9 but dont know much more and decatur may be 6 holes? just wondering if anyone have played them or know much about them?

Two:
there are a few "private" courses in dfw. some dont have info on if playable by outsiders or how to get with the right person to play. Im working on trying to finish off dfw courses and i know a few others probably have wondered the same thing.

ive tried condensing the list to help for those wondering. any info on contacts for the ones i dont have is appreciated.

Pecan, Granbury: must be with community member....know anyone.---i dont
Mt Lebanon, cedar hills. Last saturday of month mini i think or during dd tourney
Crossroads, duncanville: Pretty much just dont show up during worship times.
beaumount ranch, grandview: call before :888-86-6935- dont know if course is still playable
wellington of flower mound: can casuals play?
the Jaranator: mini posted pretty regularly

I have called ahead to play mt Lebanon with success.

Beaumont ranch is playable and free. I don't know if its worth the drive alone though. I'm trying to get them to let me design a better layout but I haven't had time to meet up with them as of late.

I have a private course in Grandview as well. Anybody can pm me on here if y'all want to play. The house is currently up for sale so hurry if you want to get it in. It's not on the site for multiple reasons.

I'm glad to hear gateway is somewhat back in order!

Jeremy, the new course in Keene is a great compliment to the other course there. I played them both Saturday in 25 mph winds so I will wait to review until later. 3 people ended up in the pond, and I turned over a brand new nuke os..... I would compare the new course to greenbriar with a few more trees. I can't wait till y'all get all 18 in!

Hole 2 at SWAU is brutal in the wind. A group played it Christmas when it was ridiculously windy, and it was absurd trying to do anything there.
The back nine excites us the most, but it'll be a while till it happens. We have to prove that the current nine aren't a problem, that people actually play it, that the grounds dept can actually maintain it and so on before we can proceed with that.
When school starts back up and the student workers show back up we'll have some more progress on the course. We've some holes (two holes in particular) that need a lot of cleanup. And we need signs, teepads, trashcans, and what all else.

We played Beaumont bit back, and it's really in very bad shape. They seemed interested in a redesign, but didn't really seem to grasp that maintenance was an ongoing endeavor.

Frito lay in Plano is private, highly recommend playing if you can get on

We quit going a few years ago when security began politely making us leave because none of us work there.

We heard it was open to the public again so last month started going on Saturdays. All went well the first 2 trips but on the third security politely told us we had to leave and that nothings changed.

Just a heads up.

Yea. Im not to worried about how bad a course is. Just trying to knock more off my list. I've played some bad ones. Like coppell and eagle mountain.

Is there ANY Metroplex course that isn't mud soup after a rain? I'm going anyway, just bringing a change of clothes cuz I need to get out and fling plastic real hard.

Turner in Grand Prairie drains very well, as does Duncanville

I have a private course in Grandview as well. Anybody can pm me on here if y'all want to play. The house is currently up for sale so hurry if you want to get it in. It's not on the site for multiple reasons.

awesome! PM'ed! :thmbup:

"beaumount ranch, grandview" 9 Holes that play like a 36 hole safari course. It's a fun hike...but I really wouldn't call this a disc golf course....as is. They have some wonderful land out there, they could easily design an 18 hole course. But as it is...you might as well just go to a local field and aim at "anything" in the distance. You will get the same experience.

So I've been playing 5+ years now. 2014 was my first year of dfw minis and I had a blast. I played in about 20 minis last year. 2015 I'm taking the plunge into the texas tournament scene. I am 41 and will be playing intermediate or equivilant masters depending on the tournament.

I downloaded an ap that shows all the tournaments every month. I plan on trying to play at least one tournament a month starting this month. Could some of you dfw tournament vets recommend the best amateur tournament within a 2-3 hour drive of Dallas. Are A tiers way better then B and C? Just looking for localish stuff this year. I plan on expanding to a few national events in 2016 once I get used to tournaments.

you won't even need to drive that far to play a tournament every month. DFW has so many events. check out the websites of the local event organizers: dynamic discs, straight line discs, hyzerbomb, etc. also just keep an eye out at the courses you already frequent. there are certain events that happen every year that you can count on: Veterans Open, Zboaz Open, Winter Warm Up and the Old Man Memorial (both Lewisville). plus i think there are at least 2 different tour series' in DFW.

Latest posts