• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Gateway wouldn't be so over grown if people played it. just like any course. everyone grow a pair, and play it. that course is great.

The problem I have with Gateway is the park itself, not the terrain. Growing up close to the area, the park had a pretty infamous reputation for bad things happening there. Enough for me to warrant not making a trip. I'll choose safe over sorry any day.

Just found a rent house on Tuesday in Lewisville :thmbup: Looks like Lake Lewisville Park is just a couple miles away from where we'll be staying.

In terms of DG, Lewisville is a great place to live. Very central location when traveling to other courses, and you have the Lake and LL Woods in your back yard. :thmbup:

I think I am leaning on staying away from Gateway as I will be playing solo. Creepers creepin, unkown hole layouts and thick foliage do not sound fun no matter how challenging the holes are.

I think I will just hit Harry Myers and the Loach courses. Lindsey Park is about 2 hours from my hotel - my thoughts are that, if I had more time, I would make the trek. However, with only having Sunday afternoon and Mon/Tues evening to golf, I could get more under my belt by staying in the Metroplex.

Just found a rent house on Tuesday in Lewisville :thmbup: Looks like Lake Lewisville Park is just a couple miles away from where we'll be staying.

very active course, lots of local players. Doubles on Tuesday nights. Singles on Saturday at 2. Jimmy Porter isn't far and they do Doubles on Thursday nights.

30 minutes east you have McKinney, singles at Alex Clark on Wed, Doubles at Towne Lake on Friday and singles on sunday at 10

very active course, lots of local players. Doubles on Tuesday nights. Singles on Saturday at 2. Jimmy Porter isn't far and they do Doubles on Thursday nights.

30 minutes east you have McKinney, singles at Alex Clark on Wed, Doubles at Towne Lake on Friday and singles on sunday at 10

Thanks for the info!

Not related to the current discussion, but does anyone know about the tree cut down on hole 10 at Towne Lake? A friend and I played it last weekend for the first time in a while and were pretty disappointed it was gone. Wondering if it was rogue cutting, it died, or fell in all the storms and wind of the spring.

Fairy Tales!!!!

That said, I hear Niko parred it using nothing but two putters.

That is IMPOSSIBLE, Haha, but a good story. That course is brutal, but well marked, and right now extremely well groomed. Played last night had one of my better rounds with a 72. Shoulda been a 67 but took an 8 on Hole 10. This course is worth any 1 1/2 hour drive, ESPECIALLY right now!!!!

This course will make you Love then Hate then Love then Hate the game over and over again.

Bring your cannon and let's play!!!

I've played Dogwood with Niko in a pritice round, no way he would play it with just putters.

Agreed Dogwood is the most challenging (but fair) course I've played in Texas. I wouldn't say Gateway was fair.

Is Dogwood another name for the Gold course in Tyler?

DFW Minis

I'm trying to put together a list of all of the mini-tournaments going on around DFW. Help me out with what I'm missing or what I may have wrong:

Sunday:
  • Veterans - Singles 10am
  • Towne Lake - Singles 10am
Monday: I don't know of any

Tuesday:
  • Turner - Flip Dubs 6:15pm
  • Crowley - Singles 6pm
  • Lake Lewisville - Flip Dubs TIME?
Wednesday:
  • Weatherford - alternates between singles and dubs 6:30pm
  • Veterans - Singles 6pm
  • Alex Clark - Singles TIME?
Thursday:
  • Jimmy Porter - Flip Dubs TIME?
Friday:
  • North Park - Flip Dubs 6:30pm
  • Towne Lake - Flip Dubs TIME?
Saturday:
  • Turner - Singles 10am
  • Fritz - Singles 10am
  • Lake Lewisville - Singles 2pm (sometimes flip dubs follow, I think?)
  • Cedar Hill - Singles 3pm

I saw that the Dogwood course SSA at rhe Winter tournaments was 68, so scratch golfers were 14 over on it. But it was lower, I think 58, at the tyler 54, but that was noted to be a temp layout. So is the SSA from the standard tees fairly a 68 or what?

Finally played the new one in Duncanville today. Thought it was a great course overall, but still needs a lot of work - mostly just clearing. I really liked the elevation out there...very fun! The holes are pretty cramped in a few spots, and a few still need some trimming to be reasonable, but all in all I had a blast. Definitely going back soon.

Latest posts