• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

what's the story with new holes at saddle hills?

zboazmobster had this to say about them.

Quite technical. Several tunnel shots, some seem like they'll be impossible 'till some clearing/wear. Some real nice long holes too. I imagine two of which are 500-600 feet. One hole is really neat. MAYBE 100 ft out, but also 50 foot straight up.

yeah, i saw ken's facebook status. that's why i asked. this is the first i'd heard about it.

yeah, i saw ken's facebook status. that's why i asked. this is the first i'd heard about it.

All 9 of the new holes are in. The first 5 play the same, 6-14 are all new, and the old 6-9 are now 15-18. There is still a lot of cleanup to be done..but this course has just gone to a whole new level. It is pretty amazing.

A road trip to Cowtown is now assured. Saddle Hills was a fun little course. I'm looking forward to playing the new holes. The next good weather Wednesday or weekend (that I'm not playing in the gray wolves group)... I'll be there.

9 new holes, awesome!! i've always loved this course and it looks like now it will get the respect it deserves.

we should have a saddle hills meetup!

Just played the new holes and was glad to see they used the land effectively. Hole 13 is a near vertical shot and the hard part isn't getting the disc there, it's getting yourself up the hill. Stairs need to be cut in soon before someone takes a big fall. Hole 14 is a giant shot over thick brush. If you don't have a spotter you could get screwed.

Once the excess brush gets cleared this will be another great course in the area. Really glad this course finally expanded.

Yeah I got to play Saddle Hills on Thanksgiving, and the new holes look freaking amazing. I hope this will help the park become more known. I mean people rave about it on here, yet every time I play there, its a ghost town. Not that I am against play without restrictions, but this course is way to amazing as a 9 hole to be so dead all the time. Hopefully this new 9 will do the trick.

About Saddle Hills new holes - Are the tees marked? Drove around the back side and saw 2 of the new baskets but didn't see any tee boxes...

Yeah I got to play Saddle Hills on Thanksgiving, and the new holes look freaking amazing. I hope this will help the park become more known. I mean people rave about it on here, yet every time I play there, its a ghost town. Not that I am against play without restrictions, but this course is way to amazing as a 9 hole to be so dead all the time. Hopefully this new 9 will do the trick.

I sure hope not! I like ghost towns! If you want to play social golf goto zboaz!

I sure hope not! I like ghost towns! If you want to play social golf goto zboaz!

Yeah zboaz is just ridiculous heh. I am hoping that the new saddle will provide a nice balance between the 2 courses...as far as how "poppin'" they get :0

Definitely on the top of my list when i get back for christmas break. Anyone have any pictures of the new holes?

I might try to get some pics tomorrow morning. All I want to do is play that course right now..I dig it.

I might try to get some pics tomorrow morning. All I want to do is play that course right now..I dig it.

I can't wait to play it! sounds effing awesome! but crowley this weekend and then straight back to Nacogdoches to hit the books for finals. December 15th please hurry!!!!!!

North Park in Haltom City is getting a re-model. Played today and saw

#1 tee pad has about 2 feet of form attached to the front of it.That basket gives me fits. I've thrown over the fence sooo many times. Either that or I hit one of the first trees. I threw over the fence this morning but it hooked back for one of my better first throws off that pad.
#2 tee has been a rope and a post since I've been going. They were building a form across the ditch from it this morning. It was contractors, so they didn't have any good gossip.
#3 new tee pad form
#4 no change, still dirt. Hey, is there a mando for that one?
#5 no change, still dirt and a rail road tie
#6 new tee pad form. Still all muddy around the basket.
#7 basket moved
#8 no change
#9 I forget
#10 new tee pad form to the right, closer to 820 and not so much in line with the basket.
#11 that quarter tee pad had wood for a form piled up by it. The basket is still in the tree. I used to suck on that one but can 3 or 4 it now, sometimes.
#12 no change
#13 under the tree, no change
#14 had wood for a form piled up by it.
#15 this is the one on the hill in the corner. There was spray paint around where most folks throw from and also a big orange circle with 12' spray pained a few feet in front of that. I 3ed that one today by throwing the left of the trees only because there was a work crew down hill and I didn't want to look like I was throwing at them. Worked out nice.
*** Between 15 and 16, where that Hackberry tree was with the scrub brush around it, the tree is cut down. They were building a form a few feet behind it. Maybe a new #16 tee pad?
#16 no change but, DUDE! I 2ed it! Never 2ed anything before. :D
#17 the basket is now across the ditch.
#18 no change. No back hoe parked in front the pad either. I aced that back hoe once. :p

There is also a bridge across the ditch from near 17 to 18. And the ditch has been dug out a bit.

From what I've been told, there are going to be two concrete tee boxes on each hole and 4 bridges to cross the now widened creek when all is said and done. That money coming in from the pipeline companies is finally paying off. There should also be some sort of marking for hole numbers on each tee.

Maybe all those toolbags that decided to review a course under construction will update their reviews. Doubtful.

North Park in Haltom City is getting a re-model. Played today and saw

#1 tee pad has about 2 feet of form attached to the front of it.That basket gives me fits. I've thrown over the fence sooo many times. Either that or I hit one of the first trees. I threw over the fence this morning but it hooked back for one of my better first throws off that pad.
#2 tee has been a rope and a post since I've been going. They were building a form across the ditch from it this morning. It was contractors, so they didn't have any good gossip.
#3 new tee pad form
#4 no change, still dirt. Hey, is there a mando for that one?
#5 no change, still dirt and a rail road tie
#6 new tee pad form. Still all muddy around the basket.
#7 basket moved
#8 no change
#9 I forget
#10 new tee pad form to the right, closer to 820 and not so much in line with the basket.
#11 that quarter tee pad had wood for a form piled up by it. The basket is still in the tree. I used to suck on that one but can 3 or 4 it now, sometimes.
#12 no change
#13 under the tree, no change
#14 had wood for a form piled up by it.
#15 this is the one on the hill in the corner. There was spray paint around where most folks throw from and also a big orange circle with 12' spray pained a few feet in front of that. I 3ed that one today by throwing the left of the trees only because there was a work crew down hill and I didn't want to look like I was throwing at them. Worked out nice.
*** Between 15 and 16, where that Hackberry tree was with the scrub brush around it, the tree is cut down. They were building a form a few feet behind it. Maybe a new #16 tee pad?
#16 no change but, DUDE! I 2ed it! Never 2ed anything before. :D
#17 the basket is now across the ditch.
#18 no change. No back hoe parked in front the pad either. I aced that back hoe once. :p

There is also a bridge across the ditch from near 17 to 18. And the ditch has been dug out a bit.

From what I've been told, there are going to be two concrete tee boxes on each hole and 4 bridges to cross the now widened creek when all is said and done. That money coming in from the pipeline companies is finally paying off. There should also be some sort of marking for hole numbers on each tee.

This is all fantastic news to hear! :thmbup:

Maybe all those toolbags that decided to review a course under construction will update their reviews. Doubtful.

RIP the old course and start a new one for the "remodeled" course.

Latest posts