• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Hey guys, been lurking for quite a while, decided to make an account :)

I was wondering - does anyone know if there is anyone in the DFW area that does DG lessons? I've been playing for a little while and don't seem to be making too much improvement, I think a few lessons with someone who knows what they're doing would really help me out.

If anyone knows of anyone, please let me know. Otherwise, hi ;-)

I was wondering - does anyone know if there is anyone in the DFW area that does DG lessons? I've been playing for a little while and don't seem to be making too much improvement, I think a few lessons with someone who knows what they're doing would really help me out.

Bucky Garret was offering up lessons for $. Good golfer and a good guy. You near Carrolton?

I know some local pros in Denton, Carrolton, Arlington, and Plano who give lessons. Where are you located?

Edit: I see Giles recommended Bucky, who is the one in Carrolton. I took lessons from him and do recommend him very much.

Wow you guys are fast :) I'm just northwest of Fort Worth. I'd probably be willing to drive to Carrolton for a few lessons if he's good.

Mickey at Metroplex Disc Golf offers lessons, and he's in Arlington near Veteran's Park. Log on at www.metroplexdiscgolf.com, and there's a link on the home page.

Just learned today that the new 10 and 12 tee pads at North Park are way back. Nearly to that little playground. Wow!

Hey, if anyone finds an orange Stingray with HAUF on the back and a phone number- call him, post here or PM me. He's super cool neighbor guy. We played today and it fell out of his bag. We looked and asked around to no avail. Thanks.

How does that work? Do you have to be in the PDGA? They got a novice class for bad rec players?

I think I have a contestant for weirdest place to find a disc. I found a DX wraith on the median in the middle Park Rd. Right across from that nature preserve. Assumedly someone was throwing over in that open field right before the jogging trails. Checked the park for people throwing discs, didn't see anyone. But yeah found one in a median on a busy road.

I have only a few days left on my Dallas holiday. Anyone up for a 7:30am round at Turner tomorrow morning? (Thursday the 5th)

Post here or text me if you can make it. Six fifteen - two 7 fiver-- sixtythree sixtytwo

Ron Pittman

2012 North Park Open Jan 28, 2012

Should be a good test of the new tee pads and bridges

there has already been a few big turn out to the weekend minis that have played both tee pads. the changes have made this course tons better. long tee scores show how challenging it is. short pads are about whats expected. the bridges are sturdy, but really unsafe in wet weather.

North Park Update

I went by on my lunch break and it looks pretty good for all the rain! There is some standing water the creek is not full. The rain stoped at 9am today so we will see what 2 days of sun can do! I did see two guys playing back by 820 and they looked to be haveing a great time!

Latest posts