• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Lots of wind when I played there and there are some walks between holes. Also whatch out for people on the foot paths:wall:

It was definatly windy but we had a blast. It is a fun course. I lost my star excal on hole 2 in the creek but had fun. Its a neat course with different shots. there is no elevation but being wide open the wind is not your friend

A buddy and I tried playing haslet on Tuesday. Way too windy for my taste. We quit after twelve but not before I saw my twelve foot putt turn into a 40 footer after it got caught in the wind and blew behind me over my head.

If yall use Face Book, tell PDGA #34228 to PM me here. I found his disc at North Park.

They cut a lot of grass out there. I found two others too.

JJ, you got a text of where yours is stashed.

The red disc with no contact info, well, guess I got a new disc to try.

Hey, are there any big doubles tournaments in the DFW area? I know there are some minis, but I'm looking for one with divisions. See one in Austin in a few weeks, am wondering if we have them here

I think they did a master age protected one at Turner and I think A to Z doubles still goes on every year but I don't think a lot of people play it.

/think

Looking for a good group of guys to play with. I am located in Frisco. HMU here if you play at alex clark, towne lake, colony, or the new frisco course.

I think I'd agree with you on Harry Myers. A close second might be Bill Allen Memorial Park in The Colony. The more I play it, the more I like it. It's got just about everything, except for decent tee pads.

If you REALLY wanted to show someone from out of town what DG in Texas can be like, you could be mean and take them to Veteran's in Arlington sometime in late July or August. ;)

Texas Wesleyan University

So anyone play this course yet? I am trying to go at lunch today:clap: This will be my 85th course so far!:clap:

Played and reviewed Texas Westleyan University course at lunch.

I really enjoyed some aspects of the course. Without a map you will not make it through this course. It has a lot of fun ace runs and low ceiling shots to mix up the lack of length on some holes. Be aware of foot traffic as they placed some hole across the sidewalks. This course may have 2 or 3 tee signs total. I will be going back.:clap:

I heard a rumor that greenbelt park was getting a makeover with new baskets and tees. Can anyone confirm this?

Greenbelt park is getting a makeover/redesign. They have been working on the creek. I doubt we will see concrete tees or new baskets.
If they took out any trees during the construction process (I'm sure they took out a lot) I think they are supposed to plant at 3:1 new to removed. Bryan James' son will be doing some of the work as part of an Eagle Scout project. I don't have great info though, hopefully someone will correct any misinformation.

Look to Porter for an idea of what the city will do for disc golf.

Bear Creek

So who did all the work at Bear Creek? Neon tape on the baskets, two new DN practice baskets in the old vball pit, more trash cans everywhere, the beginning of what looks like new tee signs, huge course map at the front....The course is looking great!

So who did all the work at Bear Creek? Neon tape on the baskets, two new DN practice baskets in the old vball pit, more trash cans everywhere, the beginning of what looks like new tee signs, huge course map at the front....The course is looking great!

i was out there couple weeks ago and saw city trucks out there laying out mulch and stuff. agreed the course is looking great. maybe after the course is looked after, they cant start on that parking lot!

Buddy of mine from WA is coming to visit me here in OK. I want to take him to DFW area to play some courses- he's new but hooked. I'm curious as to the tick/mosquito status at:
ZBoaz, Veteran's, Lester Lorch, Bear Creek, Harry Meyers, Crossroads.

I think those are the ones so far from this thread I want to check out. I've played Z and Bear Creek before but none of the others. I'm excited but dont want to pull off 30 ticks like i had to recently in Tulsa.

Thanks!

Buddy of mine from WA is coming to visit me here in OK. I want to take him to DFW area to play some courses- he's new but hooked. I'm curious as to the tick/mosquito status at:
ZBoaz, Veteran's, Lester Lorch, Bear Creek, Harry Meyers, Crossroads.

I think those are the ones so far from this thread I want to check out. I've played Z and Bear Creek before but none of the others. I'm excited but dont want to pull off 30 ticks like i had to recently in Tulsa.

Thanks!

We don't get ticks down here like other states further north do. I have seen a few before, but WAY off the beaten path, and far far away from a DG course.

The mosquitos could be interesting given all the rain we have had this week. I can only speak for BC and Vet:

Bear Creek will be kinda swampy from the rain, so I would imagine mosquitos might be bad around sunrise/set. I have never had a problem with them at veterans.