• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Thank you for the quick response. That list of courses. Is that a pretty solid list for experiencing some good courses looks wise and overall awesomeness while down there for a day (possibly two)?

I only got to play the front 9 of Crossroads, it would be borderline not fun for a new player on the first set of holes. I wouldn't say avoid it but be aware that it will bring some pain.

Thank you for the quick response. That list of courses. Is that a pretty solid list for experiencing some good courses looks wise and overall awesomeness while down there for a day (possibly two)?

for one day of discing do the ft worth side:
zboaz, saddle hills, bicentennial, and either veterans or turner. personally i say skip veterans and go to turner, way better course.

if you have another day then do the other side of town:
town lake (and alex clark), harry myers and maybe cedar hill and/or crossroads

Last edited:
Hey Guys - I'm in Dallas (Addison area) for the next couple weeks - found out I'm fairly close to the Porter & Greenbelt courses.

Is all the construction completed at Greenbelt for all 18 to be played? The last update on here was back in 2010...

Hey Guys - I'm in Dallas (Addison area) for the next couple weeks - found out I'm fairly close to the Porter & Greenbelt courses.

Is all the construction completed at Greenbelt for all 18 to be played? The last update on here was back in 2010...

to my knowledge Greenbelt is still under construction, there are holes out there to play but i think a few in the back are still being affected by city work.

greenbelt isn't/wasn't a good course anyway... Your time is better spent at Porter or visiting Lake Lewisville DGC.

Thanks guys - I don't have a rental car during the week & both of those places are riiiiiigggght on the edge of what I may consider "walking distance" from the hotel - which is why I posed the question.

during the weekend, when I have a rental, I'm going to try & check out some of the other courses I've read about in a few other DFW threads.

Thanks guys - I don't have a rental car during the week & both of those places are riiiiiigggght on the edge of what I may consider "walking distance" from the hotel - which is why I posed the question.

during the weekend, when I have a rental, I'm going to try & check out some of the other courses I've read about in a few other DFW threads.

Then I would deffinatly say don't bother walking past porter to get to greenbelt, regardless of what shape it is in.

listen to Giles

if you can get to Lewisville Lake Park then go. Bear Creek in Grapevine and Bill Allen in The Colony aren't too far either.
oh and the 9 hole in Irving is pretty good too.

all suggestions for closer courses, if travel is an issue

to my knowledge Greenbelt is still under construction, there are holes out there to play but i think a few in the back are still being affected by city work.

I was at the play it again off Trinity Mills today and was asking the guy who works there as hes from the area and might know. He said that based on what he was told it should be done in about a months time. He had mentioned there was already those construction flags out there marking tee box and basket locations. The bad news was that the course was going to be changed considerably on the back 9 and the new design was going to have strict rules about not throwing on or near the sidewalks. That's all second hand here say so take that for what its worth.

Playing Denison's Munson Park Saturday. What other course in the area should I play? I have played the in McKinney but have not played the 9 holer in Allen or Dashes tract or the one in Princeton. I planned on a sunrise round at Munson then maybe play some others on my way back to Arlington. It's a long ways home so I wanted to play the ones I never get around to playing:)

Playing Denison's Munson Park Saturday. What other course in the area should I play? I have played the in McKinney but have not played the 9 holer in Allen or Dashes tract or the one in Princeton. I planned on a sunrise round at Munson then maybe play some others on my way back to Arlington. It's a long ways home so I wanted to play the ones I never get around to playing:)

Princeton POW, I don't think is playable, another install it and forget about it course. It wasn't worth playing over the McKinney courses unless you are checking courses off your list anyway.

Dash's Track was fun when I played it and worth going to if you are playing Bill Allen. It sounds like it doesn't get kept up very well though. Leave your bag, take 1 hyzer driver for 18 the rest are putter/mid range ace runs.

Muson has no courses near by. I've heard about a home-made basket course in the Texoma area but don't have directions to it and another 9 holer in Oklahoma that Fast Eddy told me about. Again, not listed online and I don't have directions. Both of these courses probably arn't worth your time, unless you are looking to add to "the list"

The course in Allen is cool, a 9 holer that takes to long to play. Lots of murky water in play with leaches in it that you arn't supposed to go in for discs. Very few tree and wind can be a major factor. Bring some discs you don't care about. Popular park, with lots of people fishing and doing other park stuff. Hole 9 is sick though, 300' off the tee to clear a pond then you land on golf course grass with the pin up a hill. Park by 9 and take your shoes off to finish the round. Call me (if you still have my number) if you are going to play it and I may join you.

Munson is cool and is worth your time.

Ur description of Allen does not sound that good (a nine hole that takes to long:D)I thought about playing munson then playing the town lake mini at 10am saturday? I have to be back to arlington at 2 pm what time does the mini get done usually? Message me ur number and I will send u a text when I head to allen if I dont play the mini.:clap:

Ur description of Allen does not sound that good (a nine hole that takes to long:D)I thought about playing munson then playing the town lake mini at 10am saturday? I have to be back to arlington at 2 pm what time does the mini get done usually? Message me ur number and I will send u a text when I head to allen if I dont play the mini.:clap:

TL mini is Sunday... I think it finishes around 1:30, not sure. I'll send you my number on Facebook.

A 9 holer that takes to long and you can lose a disc on almost all the holes. Few trees, lots of water and people all over the place. Hole 2 is great in the long pin and holes 8 & 9 are cool holes in the long pin. Hole 3 is a good hole.

Giles - thanks for the info on Lewisville Lake (and others) - really had a good time playing there today. Played the back 9 w/a local (Kyle, I think? I'm so bad w/names) - really nice guy.

Next weekend I'm going to try & find my way to Cedar Hill to play there... at least take advantage of playing some dg while I'm here!

So BigE wasn't able to join my wife and I at Bethany Lakes. As we were in no hurry I took the camera and we filmed the round. I'm still not playing well due to back surgery and continued problems from a herniated disc in my lower back, so my round wasn't very good. The camera turned off a few times while we were trying to film, cutting off some shots. I ended up using the film to make a course walk-through. I've been working on something similar for Towne Lake but the goal on that TL video is to have area golfers beating par on the hole and to eventually have a clip for every tee & pin combo, possibly different routs of the same hole and a variety of local golfers.

...and when I say a 9 holer that takes too long. This was a 2 hour round. Slowed due to taking our time, filming shots, and a little disc fishing.

What do you guys think? Was this worth the effort to do as a way of showing the course?

I dig the video. Now is a nice time for that course before its 110+ out and unbearable. The lack of shade there is rough in the summer. But it's a nice facility, I used to play racquetteball there off and on.