• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

dude disc golf museum in denton is the best ever check out their site but yer area easys smoke shop is said to have discs but idk

They do have quite a bit. I haven't been but talked to a few about it. It's a guys shed so you'll need to schedule an appointment.

you'll also need to be okay with buying inked discs whose owners never get called. not even to offer the disc for a finders fee. not even if Mike knows who you are.

Ya he has one of my discs on there for sale that I emailed him about almost 2 weeks ago I think and still no reply. I used to buy discs from him all the time until I found out he doesn't even try to contact owners( or even get back in contact with one after they have emailed him about it). In my eyes the guy is a thief and would tell him that to his face if I ever got the chance. ( all of my outlooks on him would change if he just tried to get in contact with people who's discs he has found, which I don't think he has any intentions of ever doing)

/rant

seriously. i've seen the guy dozens of times, played with him several times, even came to his house to buy some discs. and one time when i threw a disc in the water at lake park hole 7, he was out there in the water looking for discs. i told him to let me know if he found it (it's inked with my name and number). didn't get a call but did see the disc on his site.

and for the record, every time he's found my discs i always paid money to get it back. i guess he'd rather get 7.95+shipping for the disc than the $5 i gave him every time.

wow, there sure are a lot of fallen trees down at Towne Lake. some of them have been cleaned up already (hole 2) but there are still several holes with huge branches in the fairways. holes 7, 8, and especially hole 12.

any word about a clean up day or something? is there a MDGC forum? i should be looking there i guess.

on a side note, that course chewed me up today. i can't remember a worse performance in a long time. 2 discs in the creek but no soldiers left behind. small consolation :/

wow, there sure are a lot of fallen trees down at Towne Lake. some of them have been cleaned up already (hole 2) but there are still several holes with huge branches in the fairways. holes 7, 8, and especially hole 12.

any word about a clean up day or something? is there a MDGC forum? i should be looking there i guess.

on a side note, that course chewed me up today. i can't remember a worse performance in a long time. 2 discs in the creek but no soldiers left behind. small consolation :/

I don't think the city wants the locals using chain saws or doing heavy work. The guy in charge may have changed but they didn't want the liability in the past.

Trees down have been there for almost a month now, only part city has made it out to work on is 1, 2, and 18.

Like Giles said, I don't think they want just anyone walking out there with chainsaws.

If you want to help you're welcome to drag stuff into small piles (if possible, there are huge trees down though).

Went over to play it again sports to look through the pile of used discs. Only to find out the one on Hulen is now closed. When did this happen? Or did they move locations?

thanks Giles and Andy.
i did move a few things here and there but most of what is left out there are huge branches. the stuff on hole 8 is all one connected piece, like half a dozen large branches all attached to the same piece of fallen trunk. most of that tree came down.

guess i'll have to bring a small saw next time.

*edit*
oh, and thanks chopz!

Last edited:
Kennedale Disc Golf Club

The Kennedale Disc Golf Club will be running its first mini on Monday July 1st. This will be hosted by Skip Maxwell. Sign up starts at 515 and tee off at 6pm. Hope to see you all there.

Towne Lake

Played Towne Lake on Tuesday early evening and crews were out there working again. They even stopped for a minute to let us play through past the big wood chipper on hole 11.

Course looked pretty good to me. A fresh mow would make it even better, but you can hardly complain when the city is working so hard to take care of the downed trees!

awesome news. sounds like they have it under control.

thanks for the updates, guys.

I played the The Cedars today in Fate. I was not sure if all the baskets were in, but I'm happy to report that baskets and tees are all in, and the fairways and trails are clear. There are also some signs that help point out the next hole. It's definitely playable.

I played the The Cedars today in Fate. I was not sure if all the baskets were in, but I'm happy to report that baskets and tees are all in, and the fairways and trails are clear. There are also some signs that help point out the next hole. It's definitely playable.

I played my fifth round out there on Thursday. The course is better each time I'm there. All of the tees are in (concrete) and all of the baskets have been in for some time. It needs a lot of players. Very technical. Frustrating in a good way.

I was there off and on yesterday morning and around noon. Too bad I didn't bump into you. The day started out frustrating for me, I wasn't throwing good and lost two discs in those cedars by hole four and called it quits. I went to Life Disc Sports in Rockwall to talk to Chris K. (course designer) and buy some more plastic to make me feel better, and as I was leaving I got a call on one of my discs. I headed back out to Fate, received my disc back and asked the father and son duo if I could join them for the rest of their round. Lo and behold, we found my other disc on the next hole!

I played a full round by myself on Monday and did well, but this is a course that you stay in control on and don't just air it out hoping to get close. Those cedar trees are just standing there with their mouths open waiting to receive your disc. Not a course to play after rain either, but I am warming up to it more each time I go out. I think some additional clearing has been done in the past month because there was an anny line open on 2 that wasn't there before. Everything from here on out is up to the City of Fate. I hope they do a good job maintaining this course. More traffic will help define the course better.

Curtis