• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

So I guess there is supposed to be a new course in the ground in Waxahachie Tx in August. Supposedly some guys from the Waco disc golf scene have a hand in this. Waco courses are awesome but after checking out the land on google maps/satellite for the new 18 in Waxahachie not so sure this wont be a dud. im going to keep hope alive though.

I played at Audubon this afternoon. It's never looked better!

The bermuda grass is taking over since they started mowing regularly. Here's a look at the fairway on 12.

Audubon12fromtee.jpg

Yeah, Audubon is like a real course now. And stuff.

But why is it so much easier than before? I threw, like, 10 down.

Yeah, Audubon is like a real course now. And stuff.

But why is it so much easier than before? I threw, like, 10 down.

It's a lot easier to throw on mowed grass than it was when they let it grow up to your knees. The new tee pads are, on average, about 20 feet shorter per hole than the ruts we used to throw from too. I still miss the old gold tee on #2, but there's no way they'd pour a concrete tee on the side of the hill by the electric transfer station.

I'll be at North Park. DFWnorml did a great event at Veterans last year so I'm looking forward to this one, especially since its 5 mins from me.

Saw this posted in a thread. Do you think dfw could pull something of like this?
http://www.thegreat8.com/

8 courses one day tourney. I would say azle, saddle hills, z boaz, greenbrier, crolwey, veterans, cedar hills,cedar hills, ? Who could run or pull something off like ?
Just be fun to discuss

Saw this posted in a thread. Do you think dfw could pull something of like this?
http://www.thegreat8.com/

8 courses one day tourney. I would say azle, saddle hills, z boaz, greenbrier, crolwey, veterans, cedar hills,cedar hills, ? Who could run or pull something off like ?
Just be fun to discuss

I think it could def work. I'd like to see Cedar Hill in there, it gives you two courses at the same spot. I'd look at adding Mt Lebanon or Crossroads to the list. They're both private, but also very close to the Cedar Hill courses. I like your list of courses because they're on the ftw side of dfw, a lot of the other dfw peeps would want to see Lake Lewisville or Harry Myers in there.

lake park and harry myers are too far away from the others.

i'd say gateway, saddle hills, zboaz, greenbriar, crowley, veterans, turner, and north park or duncanville. or maybe north park and arcadia rather than greenbriar.
do they all need to be 18? i'd rather play Kennedale or Fritz than greenbriar.

or like Jeremy said, add cedar hill, mt leb, and duncanville. then cut out the north side courses. either way i don't see a reason to include Azle other than to get people out there who might not otherwise ever drive out there.

lake park and harry myers are too far away from the others.

i'd say gateway, saddle hills, zboaz, greenbriar, crowley, veterans, turner, and north park or duncanville. or maybe north park and arcadia rather than greenbriar.
do they all need to be 18? i'd rather play Kennedale or Fritz than greenbriar.

So cut azle(added it because its a short course and you would need later) and greenbrier (not a fan of course it just worked on the along 820/20 loop

So saddle hills/or azle ( like azle as almost a warm up round)zboaz, Crowley, vet, turner, cedar hills, cedar hills, Duncanville,

Or you keep it strictly tarrant. 820 loop
Azle,saddle hills,zboaz,greenbriar, Crowley, gateway,north park,Arcadia

For traveling purposes I think this would be the easiest. Now question does anyone know who to pitch idea to lol. The disc golf marathon.

Latest posts