• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Replied via pm as well, but here's the FB link...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DFWDGminis/

This minis list is woefully inadequate and needs to be updated. As a "casual" I use it to try to avoid interfering with (and being slowed down by) tournaments, but still end up hitting quite a few courses with active minis. Oh well, at least I tried.

Last edited:
This minis list is woefully inadequate and needs to be updated. As a "casual" I use it to try to avoid interfering with (and being slowed down by) tournaments, but still end up hitting quite a few courses with active minis. Oh well, at least I tried.

Definitely let him know. These are the established, longer running minis. I know of one group that has a traveling mini so there's no telling where they will end up on the weekend and they're not on the list. There is also the usual mob golfing that goes on at a lot of courses which makes it seem like a mini.

Tuesdays in McKinney is a pre-set league night, but there is only 24 of us so we don't take up the whole course. It alternates between the two courses and there is only 3 more weeks before it's over.

There is also Draw Dubs @ Saddle Hills every Thursday at 5:45. BYOP last thursday of the month.

"This minis list is woefully inadequate and needs to be updated. "

Wrong. Maybe in the past, but definitely not now. But if there's more minis that need to be on there, please have them get a hold of Joe. Thx.

"This minis list is woefully inadequate and needs to be updated. "

Wrong. Maybe in the past, but definitely not now. But if there's more minis that need to be on there, please have them get a hold of Joe. Thx.

Maybe. I'll admit it's been a while since we hit any unexpectedly. If we hit any in the future that are not listed I'll be sure to post up.

Heads up if you are playing Jimmy Porter sometime - my kid wandered into the woods about 10 feet past the basket on hole 7 (he's 2) while I putted out so I had to go after him. It seemed pretty clear back there but we are both now covered in chigger bites.

I heard someone mention on FB they were going to play Trophy Club last weekend. Anyone know if it's open now?

I heard someone mention on FB they were going to play Trophy Club last weekend. Anyone know if it's open now?

It is indeed! Best shape it's ever been in too. DD held a B-Tier there a couple weekends ago.

Last edited:
I've been playing in the DFW area now for about 4 years and I must say I play them all (literally) for different reasons. Some times it can get frustrating because there are so many, I tend to play two courses in one day on Saturday or Sunday EVERY weekend. Which means, I can go weeks before ever playing the same course twice.

If someone were to travel to DFW for the first time, I would pair the courses together for them to play. For example,

North Park and Arcadia. Both great courses but for different reasons. Arcadia posted pars will definitely boost your confidence and North Park has way more trees than Arcadia. North Park has both regular and advanced tees where arcadia only has one tee.

If you play Turner, Veterans isn't that far away. Both courses have a ton of elevation change. I personally don't care for Veterans all that much, I don't like the blind shots. Even after playing there 3 times, I still forget where the baskets are.

If you are closer to Lewisville, play Lake Park and LL Woods. Lake park is way more challenging and better scenery than LL Woods but both are fun. I'd play LL Woods first to warm up. Fairly easy course, open and never too busy. Lake park, you can lose a disc or two and it is challenging, but awesome course. More mini's there and tournaments so it can get crowded.

If you are in Carrolton area, I'd suggest playing Jimmy Porter and Greenbelt. Both great courses, however, Greenbelt does not have concrete tees for majority of the holes and some of the baskets are pretty crappy. More open shots with elevation changes on Greenbelt than Porter, but Porter has some cool lines around trees and concrete tee pads. Another course close to Carrolton is Dash's track in Frisco. Mainly a putter course. Still 18 holes though.

Both Lester Lorch courses are amazing, but it is far from where I live so I don't go there too often. Very wooded, challenging but rewarding when you do well there. I have a hard time getting a par on the first hole throwing up hill right there by the parking lot. Usually get a 4 on that hole.

In McKinney you got Alex Clark Memorial and across the street, Towne Lake. Towne lake is a better course in my opinion and more challenging than Alex. However, Alex is a fun shorter course that birdies are a surplus.

If you are on the East side of Dallas, I usually pair up Audubon and Paschall together. Again great courses but completely different. You can also play BB Owens over here or Fritz park.

In Rockwall you have Harry Myers as well as a new course The Cedars at Smith park. This was an alright course, only played it once. it was a bit frustrating trying to figure out where the next tee pad was and which basket you were supposed to shoot at.

Another course I've been playing more often recently is TCC Northwest campus. Fun, open course that is right on a lake with amazing views. Course isn't that challenging, but still worth the drive.

Hope this helps.

You forgot Z-boaz, Gateway, and Bicentennial, in the Fort Worth area, also Crossroads and Jaranator in Duncanville area, Bear Creek in Grapevine. There are so many courses in the DFW area, and many of them play well. Also Haslet and Ash Creek are fun too.

Any suggestions on a good place in DFW to pick up some new plastic?
I've been to the Quick Stop by Veterans. While they have the best selection on the Fort Worth side of things, they are pretty pricey. I've tried the PIAS in Plano. They have a suprisingly wide selection, but it wasn't very deep..if that makes sense. They have all the brands, but only a handful of molds from easy company.
Any suggestions? Obviously there's the internet but I like to feel discs before I buy them, and I always like to distribute my money locally!

Ideal Discs over in Haltom City (near North Park), Dynamic Discs in Lewisville (near Lake Park), and The Disc Shop in Fort Worth (near Z-Boaz), Formans General Store in Colleyville.

Ideal has a pretty decent selection there. More so with trilogy plastics and Podigy but still had what I was in there for so I was pretty happy with my first trip. They will definitely be my first stop from now on before looking online and having to wait. Still need to stop by Forman's and see what they have on hand there too.

I stopped by Ideal disc golf yesterday after an early round at north park. It was really cool to see a storefront for the oft mentioned company. Smallish store with artificial grass covering the inside. They had a little bit of everything including a nice selection of Discmania discs. I saw some cool swirly s-line p2s, pds and pd2s as well as some discs in glow c-line plastics.

I can highly recommend stopping by Replay Sports if you head toward Mckinney. They have a at least a thousand used discs. Pretty good selection on the new stuff too, but seriously check out the used racks for OOP and PFN gems. I usually stop by after playing the Mckinney courses and spend about an hour going through all of them. Last time I went there I grabbed an 11x KC Pro Teebird (not an 11x teebird but a legit 11x kc pro teebird) and a Z Reaper for about $18. They both had some ink but are perfectly good throwers.

Thank you sir. I will have to go browse at Ideal, haven't been there yet. The Disc Shop by Z, wasn't a fan.

My problem with The Disc Shop is everything is max weight. I dont throw 175g, I like the 168-171's and they never have anything.

Foreman's is awesome, they have a great selection and best of all is they sell pretty much everything you could imagine!

Ideal has a good selection of pretty much everything (minus MVP, I believe) They are great guys who support the sport.

The used racks in Mckinney are ridiculous.

Denton also has has a replay sports store of some sort, if it has used discs it is pretty nice, I think their new prices are high.

I'll third the Replay Sports in McKinney. Biggest used rack in DFW and they have a good selection of new discs too. They carry Vibram, too (at least they have in the past).

Towne Lake is a fun course to play while in the area.

Latest posts