• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Replay in McKinney is pretty much my "home" used disc selector if I'm just browsing (I'm an online shopper mostly). I can spend a large amount of time sitting there going through the racks. They also do decent trade in values on discs. I need to go by there next week and see what I can't get myself in to. I need a Truth and a few other discs.

Heard a rumor that Grapevine Parks Board is discussing pulling Bear Creek. Can anybody confirm or deny?

Heard a rumor that Grapevine Parks Board is discussing pulling Bear Creek. Can anybody confirm or deny?

This synopsis of the current parks projects seems to indicate no changes to the disc golf portions of the park, plenty of room to build these facilities by the diamonds

http://www.grapevinetexas.gov/index.aspx?nid=948

Bear Creek Park
Grapevine Baseball & Softball Association generously donated $70,000.00 for the addition of fences, four (4) batting cages and four (4) soft-toss stations at Bear Creek Park.

Quality of Life (QOL) Account 2012 paid to have the parking lots paved with parking lot lights. Both parking lots meet the city landscape ordinance.

I hope that's a rumor only. Bear Creek is possibly the most played course around. It's also just a few miles from my house.

Anyone been to Trophy Club lately? With the VPO taking up Turner and Veteran's this weekend, it may be time to finally try it out.

Probably be on Sunday morning if a local feels like coming out and showing me the lines. Just got a box of high-end cigars and willing to share. :thmbup:

Anyone been to Trophy Club lately? With the VPO taking up Turner and Veteran's this weekend, it may be time to finally try it out.

Probably be on Sunday morning if a local feels like coming out and showing me the lines. Just got a box of high-end cigars and willing to share. :thmbup:

I think I saw on FB that there is a traveling mini that will be at Trophy Club on Saturday. Can't remember the time but I would guess 9 or 10 A.M.

I think I saw on FB that there is a traveling mini that will be at Trophy Club on Saturday. Can't remember the time but I would guess 9 or 10 A.M.

Ok, then Sunday it is. Thx for the info as I don't have time for a whole 'to-do' and would not want to interfere with an organized event (which is kinda why I'm skipping Bear Creek too)

TheOtherBill - You won't be in anyone's way on Saturday morning, fyi. You are more than welcome to play and the course is big enough for everyone.

take him to my crappy public 6 hole course and show him the true dg scene tommy and sue brown park lol jk vetrans all the way

Definitely let him know. These are the established, longer running minis. I know of one group that has a traveling mini so there's no telling where they will end up on the weekend and they're not on the list. There is also the usual mob golfing that goes on at a lot of courses which makes it seem like a mini.

Tuesdays in McKinney is a pre-set league night, but there is only 24 of us so we don't take up the whole course. It alternates between the two courses and there is only 3 more weeks before it's over.

Well, we hit another unlisted mini today by accident. Though, to be honest it looks like it was listed for Fridays at six but with the waning daylight...........

It was at Towne Lake BTW. I posted on Facebook and let Joseph Yanes know.

My friends and I still had a great round playing in the open spaces, so all is well.

Well, we hit another unlisted mini today by accident. Though, to be honest it looks like it was listed for Fridays at six but with the waning daylight...........

It was at Towne Lake BTW. I posted on Facebook and let Joseph Yanes know.

My friends and I still had a great round playing in the open spaces, so all is well.

That was a tournament today. Mini is on Sunday.

Thanks for the info. I guess my first clue yesterday should have been the presence of a disc vendor. Maybe that's what is happening, I'm hitting tourneys and not minis.

Right now there aren't any courses near downtown Dallas. You have to go about ten miles out to get to any, so this has the potential to be a very heavily used course.

That said, Go Oak Cliff has their work cut out for them to make Oak Cliff "the most livable community in the nation".

i love having a new course to play as much as anyone else but Founders Park should not have a disc golf course. it is way too small for even 9 decent holes, let alone 11.

a pitch and putt 9 hole course is better than nothing but, imo, nothing is better than the negative publicity of the inevitable injuries. there are pedestrian paths all over the proposed layout and the park is tiny. an errant throw on any hole could end up in 5 different fairways or out in the street hitting a car.