• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

New nine-hole course at Weichsel Park

The new nine-hole course at Weichsel Park will be installed soon! We are almost done finalizing the paperwork with the city. Construction/installation should begin around late Spring/Summer. I will post a map we have created on the page to give y'all an idea of what the course will look like!

John Forrester with Patriot Disc Golf club shared news on that club's Facebook page of a new 6 hole pitch & putt course in Aledo at Parks of Aledo East or Villages of Aledo Vista Point (not certain of the location's name). Looks to be a group of <100 ft shots with gravel tee pads and stone paths lining the fairways.

On April 10, the Grand Prairie Park Board will conduct a public hearing to obtain citizen comments and requests for improvements to Grand Prairie's oldest park -- Turner Park. This meeting is described on their website as "Turner Park Redevelopment Community Meeting". This is how the end for Grapevine's Bear Creek started, too - with a redevelopment meeting. Might be worth attending this meeting tomorrow night to speak up for the excellent disc golf course established at Turner Park to ensure it stays there for years to come.

I've done a quick review of recent posts on this thread. I will be landing at DFW tomorrow, staying in Irving. The jaranator seems to be popular, and fritz park looks neat ( and closest to where I'll be staying)

Any other recommendations?

I've done a quick review of recent posts on this thread. I will be landing at DFW tomorrow, staying in Irving. The jaranator seems to be popular, and fritz park looks neat ( and closest to where I'll be staying)

Turner Park will be close (just south of Fritz). It's a better course than Fritz IMHO.

I'd say do what it ever it takes to play Turner Park and Harry Myers. Those 2 courses will be worth the trip alone. If you have additional time, check out Fritz, Veterans Park, Beaver & Coyote, Zboaz.

Just played Turner park. Fun course indeed, with great mix. I think basket 8 was out because if neighboring construction, so that turned into an object hole

Just played Turner park. Fun course indeed, with great mix. I think basket 8 was out because if neighboring construction, so that turned into an object hole
The basket was removed due to neighbor's complaints. The business on the other side of the fence was not happy with disc golfers trespassing on their property. 18 should have been divided into two holes to make up the difference.

I see that Saddle Hills has been added as a new course designed in 2018. I wasn't aware of a redesign. Anyone?

I suppose I'll have to drive the 50 miles to find out. The "old layout" was a RHBH hyzerfest. (fun for some, but I'm not that guy) I wonder if much of anything has changed.

this is the 3rd "new layout" of 18 and not much has really changed. i don't think any of the layouts were really different enough to warrant new pages but whatever.

original hole 5 is gone and has been for awhile, the one that played along the creek. original hole 4 now goes across the creek. they lost the piece of land where old holes 10 & 11 were (or 9 & 10, depending when you played) so those are gone. original hole 13 doesn't go straight up that hill anymore (hasn't for awhile), it plays permanently to the alt position on the left side of the hill. there's a new hole after that one that goes straight up the hill (it's been there awhile now) and a brand new hole on that plateau area up that hill that you play before original hole 14. original hole 12, that played downhill across the creek to the edge of the trees, is now split into 2 separate holes. and finally, the holes were renumbered to start at the back parking lot by old hole 9, at the east end of Wilbur St. so the first half of old hole 12 is now hole 1 and old hole 9 is now 18. oh, and there's a new hole that plays to the practice basket after the original hole 18.

sorry, i know that's long and convoluted.
TL;DR - it's still the same hyzerfest

i've always liked that course, it's got a lot of cool terrain and elevation. it just seems like there is always some kind of battle between local groups there. that and some unfortunate loss of land or usable land.

I see that Saddle Hills has been added as a new course designed in 2018. I wasn't aware of a redesign. Anyone?
the new layout is completely different. keep any eye on the Patriot disc golf club for updates on the course. Patriot is the home club for that course. i am the main designer and installer of the last two layouts. I will be done with all of the "C" positions that are being added by June. Feel free to send me a message for any other info. The map on here that says Draft Only is correct but doesn't have the new "C" positions and measurements have not been made yet.
Again, The Patriot disc golf club facebook page has the most up to date info on that course. There no "battle between local clubs" the Chain Society runs an occasional mini on this course.

this is the 3rd "new layout" of 18 and not much has really changed. i don't think any of the layouts were really different enough to warrant new pages but whatever.

original hole 5 is gone and has been for awhile, the one that played along the creek. original hole 4 now goes across the creek. they lost the piece of land where old holes 10 & 11 were (or 9 & 10, depending when you played) so those are gone. original hole 13 doesn't go straight up that hill anymore (hasn't for awhile), it plays permanently to the alt position on the left side of the hill. there's a new hole after that one that goes straight up the hill (it's been there awhile now) and a brand new hole on that plateau area up that hill that you play before original hole 14. original hole 12, that played downhill across the creek to the edge of the trees, is now split into 2 separate holes. and finally, the holes were renumbered to start at the back parking lot by old hole 9, at the east end of Wilbur St. so the first half of old hole 12 is now hole 1 and old hole 9 is now 18. oh, and there's a new hole that plays to the practice basket after the original hole 18.

sorry, i know that's long and convoluted.
TL;DR - it's still the same hyzerfest
Each re-design has presented major changes. The new numbering system is a complete change from the old layout. The draft map is correct and I will put a High Def map on here and the other disc golf websites when I finish putting the last 3 new "C" position baskets in. Please send me a message if you want any info on the course or check the Patriot disc golf club facebook page for updates. Patriot is the only club in charge of that course. Other clubs come through for traveling minis occasionally. Chase Barrett who started the club 5 years ago decided to call it Patriot instead of Saddle Hills disc golf club. I saw a private message from you from last October and I am sorry I somehow missed it. I usually check for messages. I am not sure why I missed it.
John Forrester

hey John, thanks for the reply and again, thanks for all your hard work. C positions will be a great addition.

that said, can we please all agree that this is not true?

the new layout is completely different.

there are 2 new holes and 3 old holes that are gone. 11-12 of the holes are the same as the original 18 and half the new ones are redesigned old holes. the only thing completely different is the hole numbering.

i'm not trying to be a dick or trivialize the work you and your club have done. obviously you're excited about where the course is at right now and i'm right there with you. but the above comment is disingenuous, especially when read by someone like eegor who lives on the opposite side of the metroplex. i'd be pretty disappointed to drive 50 miles to play a "new layout" on a course i already didn't care for much and find only 2 new holes and a couple new tees.

again, i love the course and i always have. and i'll continue playing it regardless of its current configuration. my thanks go out to anyone who puts work into keeping a course maintained. but a more honest assessment of what has changed is warranted.

A new numbering system is a complete change from the previous layout. Hole 1 is new, hole 5 is new, hole 6 is new, hole 11 is new, hole 15 is new. new basket locations are on hole 7, hole 9, hole 10, hole 13, hole 14, and hole 16. These are using the new numbers. You can pull up the old map and compare numbers if you want. Parts of the old holes had to be used with the new ones because we have such a small piece of land. I would not agree at all that "like 2 holes are new".

new pin positions don't make a new hole, especially when the line doesn't change. a new teepad on hole 6 doesn't make it a new hole either. ditto for 15

again, not trying to be a dick or make light of all the work you've done. but i guess we can agree to disagree for now until i make it back out there. thanks for your commitment to the course, John.

Latest posts