• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Caddie needs a new home in DFW

Man, I put my water-fowler down a few years ago, and would love to replace her with a lab. I have two german shorthaired pointers that I use for upland game, but my chesapeake bay retriever got cancer on her liver, and had to be put down. I haven't had the heart to replace her, but it's getting to be that time.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

Would you ship him to switzerland ?

As nice as it would be for him to live in switzerland...I doubt hed enjoy the trip of being Fed exed 18 hours.

I chose here for a new owner because he's a great "Disc golf dog" and that's a sure way for him to exercise and be happy.

Last edited:
I hope one of these PM's works out! I love my discin' dog. It saves me so much time looking for discs that stray off the fairway.

Keep us informed!!!

Promise me whatever you do. You don't send her to the Humane Society! I know they all have the very best intentions, but IDK about where you live but here in the PNW because of the economy people can't afford to keep their pets so the shelters are all terribly overcrowded and they're putting down just about every other dog that isn't under 3.

Anyways I really hope you find a home for this dog! I'd snatch him up in a second if I was closer.

I can vouch for the fact that lab's are great with kids, I had a black Lab growing up and I used to wrestle that dog, pull her ears, all kinds of horrible things and she loved it. Ate it up.

I hope your pup finds a good home. Best of luck!:thmbup:

Good Luck in finding a home for your four-legged "Child". That must really suck having to give up part of the family. If I was making a trip down that way I would adopt him in two tail wags and a leg shake. I know my Yellow Lab would love to have an adopted "Brother". Well, anyways good luck to you and your family.

Props on you making the responsible decision man. Glad to know that you're doing right by both your sons. I know some people don't like full grown dogs, but I prefer a trained, full-grown dog any day. I wish I lived closer and could help, but good luck. Hopefully, things are lookin up.

Whats his name man? If I could come up with any excuse to get down to TX, I'd give him a good home. My black lab passed a couple years ago, and I miss him alot. Once we move into a bigger place, we're going to be getting another black lab pup. Good luck!

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread :popcorn:. I gave up on dogs only because they are a ton of work at the beginning. Maybe I should look into adopting older ones that our trained like this one. Too bad I live too far away. Hope your dog gets a great home. My pic is of my son when he was about
2 1/2 now he is 4 and really throwing the discs far. Too bad I can not get anyone out here to measure his throws. he would have the world record for sure.

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread :popcorn:. I gave up on dogs only because they are a ton of work at the beginning. Maybe I should look into adopting older ones that our trained like this one. Too bad I live too far away. Hope your dog gets a great home.

On the other hand, a well trained dog is a good companion for kids, and shouldn't take up that much time? But I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I would be very very hard pressed to give up Marley.

Attachments

• DSCN0572.jpg
    DSCN0572.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN0494.jpg
    DSCN0494.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 16
  • marley face.jpg
    marley face.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 15
i think the dog may have a new home. hes going through a trial run to make sure he's a good fit. its what needs to be done. I sympathize with the dog as well. but looks like he will get a lot of attention that he needs. Ill let ya guys know the good news once its confirmed. this dog would never go to any 'shelter' no matter what the name..