• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Manufacturer map

Please tell me you're jokin!
:sick:

Well, I read it on the Internet, so it must be true: http://www.discgolfwarehouse.com/Disc Evolution/evolution_of_disc_golf_discs.htm

Discraft :

Founded in 1978 in London Ontario, Jim Kenner later moved the company to Michigan. Most golfers don't know that Jim Kenner is the inventor of Frisbee Freestyle. He and his partner Ken Westerfield were sponsored by Molson's Beer and toured Canada performing. They held a Frisbee tournament in Toronto in 74' and introduced the exciting new event of Freestyle. This event basically has a two person team performing tricks with a disc, usually set to music. The event is judged much like gymnastics.

Discraft was known as the maker of the official Ultimate disc, the Ultra-Star, which came out in 1981. They had also produced the Sky-Styler for Freestyle competition in 1980. Disc golfers had been known to use the Sky Star (1981) and the Sky Streak (1983), but the first Discraft disc made specifically for disc golf was the Phantom, released in 1983. It came in what was called the first candy or durable plastic. Their first disc, in 78, was the Sky Pro, a 125gm. utility disc.

Kentucky - Innova

We have a really good selection of Innova, Discraft, Gateway here, not so much Lat64. Since there are A TON of casual and inexperienced players here, it's pretty much all Innova. As for my bag, I throw Gateway Putters, Innova Midranges (except for my drone), and my drivers are both Innova and Discraft. I really don't care about loyalty to brand or plastic, I just buy what feels good and keep what flies good.

(My Organic Wizard feels and flies AWESOME by the way)

It wasn't listed in the OP but I have more Lat 64 in my bag than any other brand. Texas.

innova/discraft/lat64 - michigan

although, every lat64 disc I've used has disappeared, as with the discraft drivers I had

Latest posts