• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG on a Charlotte resort hotel ball golf course

Spinthrift

Eagle Member
There seems to be a trend that's seeing more disc golf incorporated into traditional golf courses, and it looks like Charlotte-area players will get a chance to play on a true resort course in February. Henry Childres with the Charlotte Disc Golf Club is working with the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge to create a one-day B-Tier:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/568172996667887/573583942793459/?notif_t=group_activity

The course is being designed by Henry and Jeremy Koling and they've just publish a map (distances still to come). Lots of OB, water carries and shots in the woods, too. Golf carts will be used, with two meals included. Henry said they are working to make this a true prestige experience. Looks like a bunch o' fun.

Attachments

• Ballantyne.jpg
    Ballantyne.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hmmmm, excellent....the sort of thing to bring guys out of tournament retirement. Too bad about it being sanctioned, thus no (legal) alcohol....I'm guessing the Resort wouldn't have minded the added income---and I wouldn't have minded a few beers. Now if there were just a guarantee on the weather......refund policy?

Last edited:
Hmmmm, excellent....the sort of thing to bring guys out of tournament retirement. Too bad about it being sanctioned, thus no (legal) alcohol....I'm guessing the Resort wouldn't have minded the added income---and I wouldn't have minded a few beers. Now if there were just a guarantee on the weather......refund policy?

Possession of alcohol from the start of play until the player's scorecard is submitted is not allowed. Such possession shall result in immediate disqualification at PDGA events sanctioned at B-Tier or higher. The Tournament Director may, at his sole discretion, elect to issue a warning to the offending player in lieu of disqualification solely at PDGA events sanctioned at C-tier and below. If a player has been previously issued a warning for alcohol possession at the same event, all subsequent violations shall result in immediate disqualification.

So that's a no to the beer cart girls, but you're free to visit the bar during your lunch break.

That's why I said "too bad about it being sanctioned". If it weren't sanctioned, then drinks are okey-dokey.

Lunch is also included - and free water/soda/gatorade or something equivalent.
As well as a fantastic experience on a beautiful golf course!

I know everyone's getting hung up on the price tag, but I know you won't regret it!

12465981_10102297277245147_2498556389002084379_o.jpg

Forgive the dumb question but I haven't played in a pdga event for 15 years......Do pro and am get the same player pack? Or do pro get one at all?

p.s. $125 is reasonable...I'm more hung up on the weather!