• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG on ESPN... getting closer.

Really well done video! Exposure on ESPN would be very cool.

Regarding the Golf Channel, here's another perspective. In our small town, the DG course construction was funded by the Kiwanis Foundation. Most of their members are older guys who want to encourage positive community things for families and kids. So there could be good value in promoting DG to that older crowd. If the seniors see DG as a good thing, they might help fund and provide community service to get more public DG courses built.

Also, I didn't take up DG until age 46 - this summer. There could be Golf viewers of a certain age who might take up DG, especially if their income goes down. Ball golf is an expensive hobby!

I'd love to see this great video on ESPN, but there could also be value in playing it on the Golf Channel. Let's go for both!

Blur and dashiellx, it may seem splitting hairs but I didn't call anyone close-minded. I said the statements felt that way, and in themselves don't offer nearly enough weight to judge the authors one way or the other. I apologize if it seemed I was name-calling.

No worries, as you can see, I was hardly offended because I know I'm far from closed minded. :D Just had to give you some grief for jumping on that one.

People are entitled to their own opinions. Believing that theirs is the only right answer, that would be close-minded.

You did seem to take it a little personally when I said that I would prefer the sport not go mainstream and I can see why. I understand you put a lot of effort into progressing the sport further, but like any sport... some play for fun, others play for competition.

agreed haha

i saw this last night on wills facebook video quality is great i feel like if espn starts covering it prices of discs and everything are gonna go up but i could just be an idiot. i feel like espn riggs sports just to have something to talk about like tebow and such. but im just rambling

How would prices of discs go up? Maybe I am the idiot for not understanding?

I finally watched this video, and all I can say is WOW! THIS is what we need to show to people when they first start considering it.

Nice. We're getting closer. Potheads be damned! As far as the 200ft comment goes, I thought it was a perfect statement in the context it was given. Rarely except for Pros are Par 3s in ball golf much longer than 200yds. So to get more of the general public to understand the game, it made perfect sense.

agree with this and was going to post the same thing.

The suspended catching devise is a bit silly. But it's clear is the best diplomat of the sport today (Sorry Avery). And something tells me Page is going to take the women's side to a new echelon. Great job. I hope this catapults DG into a bit of positive publicity.

I think this is great!
Even if the show only brings the sport to a handful of new tv's it's still more people and the more the better, IMO.

And I have to agree that the "par 3" comment was used for the general public to better understand the game of DG. Also D. Feldberg would be an AWESOME spokesperson for the sport. Very well spoken and he has the World title to go with it.

I have Comcast and tried to find Disc Golf Monthly on OnDemand will no luck. Can you tell me how you looked it up? TIA

Think it's an east coast thing. Specifically mid-Atlantic (NYC to DC), which is where the show originates (NJ). Doubt it can be found on all Comcast systems.

I'm definitely going to send that to some friends and relatives who have asked about disc golf, it's a great piece for showing us as a legitimate sport.

I havent played in months due to me getting a full time job at Oreilly Auto Parts doing something related to my other passion(working on cars). I am SO jealous of everyone who has gotten to play and this is by far one of the sweetest videos I have seen. I would KILL to get shots like these on ESPN, All the angles, music, one on one talks. Nasty! And for all you Monarch haters out there...guess what disc was at 2:25/2:26. Now I bet your going to check! Any Hoo, Lets get DG started!

Latest posts