• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG on ESPN

Its all relative man...I have almost 900 people on my women's disc golf facebook page but still struggle to fill a card for tournaments.

What would be so great about having disc golf on ESPN anyways? If "more money for the sport" is your answer then how does more money make my round of disc golf more enjoyable? Money has friends named corruption and envy.

I don't know, maybe more of us would be able to make a living in disc golf promotion, course design/management or just being a professional. That could be a good thing I suppose.

Who on here is OK with the status quo? I'm undecided, but IMO it at least needs to be discussed.

We may look back at this time in the growth of the sport (right now) as the golden age of disc golf.. Before corporations gutted the soul from our fringe sport.

Oh man...you ain't lying!! Every year our neighbor has us attend her daughter's dance show. The dancing is awesome and the girls range from 6 to 20 (of course we like the senior division the best :p ). But the DJ, OY VEY the DJ can't stop distorting music like it was his business. It makes me want to cry. Here you are watching some beautiful women dance some amazing dance and your ears are screaming in agony.

:wall:
Oh God, My ears are bleeding just thinking about it! AH!! I'd rather listen to a cassette!

I mix music for a couple of dance studios on the side for extra money. It drives me crazy when they crank the music up so load that it distorts. I've thought about saying something but I think i'd get talked into running the board for their recitals...and I don't want anymore on my plate.

We used to have an "old school" radio guy that became the Production Manager. This guy new nothing about computers. NOTHING!! He got confused when I tried to show him Copy & Paste. (Radio Politics. Friend of the GM) He would butcher audio with audition. He was more of a Reel to Reel kinda guy. I bet he could splice me under the table! haha I would give him my audio, (because I had to) and the dude would just mess everything up. It was a "I'm going to do this because I know I need to make an adjustment. I just don't know what I should do" He liked to use Normalize, but it wasn't set to anything. Then he would drop the db's, so it would stop spiking in the red. It would be a mess! I would save my audio, and overwrite it when he wasn't looking.

best shot would be for espnU or espn3. the main espn channel is unattainable for us at the moment...espn3 would be the best fit because they already put sports other than soccer/baseball/football/basketball/hockey on there.

I'm still wondering how bowling has a spot on ESPN, I mean I know a ton of people are bowlers, and there is a ton of sponsorship, but I can't watch it for more that 2 seconds. If bowling can take up and afternoon on ESPN, Disc Golf surely has a spot somewhere down the road.

I'm still wondering how bowling has a spot on ESPN, I mean I know a ton of people are bowlers, and there is a ton of sponsorship, but I can't watch it for more that 2 seconds. If bowling can take up and afternoon on ESPN, Disc Golf surely has a spot somewhere down the road.

There was a story recently on Real Sports on HBO about professional bowling. Most of the top pros now have to have full time jobs to support their sport. Story talked about several years ago several could make a 6-figure income and now the top bowler are making 40k a year on tour.

The key isn't about what pros get paid it's about the amount of people that would watch and who would be willing to pay enough to have commercials during the coverage.

It's all about the sponsors, who and how many are watching. It has little to do with how athletic an event may be.

DG on ESPN would be incredible. You know when you sit down and watch a whole hour of sportscenter, then when it starts back over you watch it again just for that fifteen second highlight you missed the first time around? DG on ESPN would be a continuous loop on my t.v. One day it will make it on ESPN one way or another, and I will be there watching.

Rochester, NY? Want to see some DG on TV, in your lifetime? Here's a link to your local broadcasting resource:

http://www.rctv15.org/

All it takes is one resident and a little legwork. No petition necessary.

Joe

Latest posts