• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG on TV: easier than you think

Disc Golf Live

Eagle Member
For many of us who live in areas served by local or community access TV stations, we get to see DG on TV regularly. If you have such a station in your town, find out what it takes to submit a show for broadcast and drop me a line, I'll set you up with copies of Disc Golf Live video magazine for your station. We're all about growing the game of disc golf, and there's no better publicity than regular TV broadcasts. Check out our latest show here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHqjEsBFdgw
(Part 1: Presidents Cup finals, Vibram Open Great Upshots, Tali Open finals)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGsW_wUVj4A
(Part 2: Am Nationals finals, Vibram Open Hot Putts, Clash DVD's Collegiate Championships)

Thanks to the PDGA, Innova, and Discraft for supporting the efforts of Disc Golf Live to bring DG to a broader audience than ever before. And thanks also to Billy Crump, Mike Bozik, Steve Dodge, and the Scandinavian video mafia for sharing their video productions.

We're posting our episodes online now and hope you established disc golfers enjoy the show. But our real goal is bringing DG to TV communities large and small, all across the country. If you have a public or community access station in town, then you can probably see DG on TV to your area. We provide our show at no cost and all it usually takes is a little local legwork to get broadcasts arranged.

Take care,

Joe

Disc Golf Live is a great show! It's on every Friday and Saturday on the Butte College channel.

Thanks Joe! :clap:

Disc Golf Live is a great show! It's on every Friday and Saturday on the Butte College channel.

Thanks Joe! :clap:

You're welcome, Jimbo!

College channels like the show. Broadcasts in Charlotte are on the college station, the students like disc golf a whole lot more than educational programs.

Loving the Collegiate coverage. Glad you guys got to feature my Ryan Black impression on the Hippo course.

I definitely want to get this to my local TV stations!!! I have been so jealous when I visit family in TX or LA, or when I have been on business up in MASS and Vermont and I see bad ass coverage of some disc golf... I have to pinch myself at times or remind myself that I am actually watching TV, and not going thru the countless vids on youtube.

Joe - shoot me a PM please with any info needed, I am currently googling the community/local TV stations in my area

Man, I wish L.A. had public access stations, out here everyone just watches cable!

Most access stations are cablecast, a few are broadcast.

Here's Beach TV. Didn't see much about programming options. Looks like it might take some local lobbying, but with so many local players, they should be open to the idea of some DG on TV. Give them a shout, open up a dialogue. There schedule is repetitive and not very broad, so some variety would be nice.

http://cslbtv.amp.csulb.edu/index.html

BeachTV
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Blvd. mail stop 2802
Long Beach, Ca 90840
(562) 985-4352

Hey, I just won episode 32 at a tournament last weekend. Couldn't wait to watch it and was really digging the tournament footage from 97 at the DGLO at Hudson Mills. Unfortunately I got about 11 minutes into the program and the disc wouldn't read in my DVD player on my computer. I had previously tried on two other DVD players and the disc kept skipping around. Do you guys have any archives available for download? I would really like watch the rest of this episode considering I have played and continue to play tournaments at this course.