• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG shoe addicts, share your expertise!

Yep. Ordered them two days ago, just checked Amazon again and they're normal price. Was tempted to order another pair. These are exactly what I wanted. Similar upper and overall lightness as my trail gloves with a slightly more robust sole.

http://www.amazon.com/Salomon-Eskap...8&qid=1411066841&sr=8-9&keywords=mens+salomon has anybody used or seen anybody use these for disc? I just bought them for hiking/work/disc after I went through my north face hedgehogs in about a year. open to thoughts!

I don't have that model, but I bought my Salomons earlier this year and I absolutely love them for golf. They might be the most comfortable shoe I have, and the traction, even on wet concrete, is fantastic. If they're at all similar, I think you'll like them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IEYVX50/ref=cts_sh_1_fbt?pi=SL110&dpPl=1&dpID=41GVR-uoYVL

I have a pair of Salomons with the drawstring and they are fantastic. I have used them for disc/running for a couple years. Very comfortable.

Just got my first pair of Salomons after years of being loyal to Merrells. But two pairs of Chameleons in about 18 months finally made me switch companies. Loved my Merrells to death as they are so comfy, but tired of replacing them so quickly.

http://www.rei.com/product/872604/salomon-xa-pro-3d-waterproof-trail-running-shoes-mens

These new Salomons feel great right out the gate, the drawstrings took a minute to get used to but are pretty handy.

Just got my first pair of Salomons after years of being loyal to Merrells. But two pairs of Chameleons in about 18 months finally made me switch companies. Loved my Merrells to death as they are so comfy, but tired of replacing them so quickly.

http://www.rei.com/product/872604/salomon-xa-pro-3d-waterproof-trail-running-shoes-mens

These new Salomons feel great right out the gate, the drawstrings took a minute to get used to but are pretty handy.

I have the same pair, but not waterproof, and I love them. It's the only shoe I have that I didn't immediately put new inserts into. I should really order another pair for when I wear them out.

Anyone tried the Merrell Sights for DG? I picked up a pair on clearance, beefy shoe with reinforced material at what would seem like the right spots. Rugged without being heavy. I got a pair of nubuck not the full grain. They don't say waterproof and look like they might sponge it up and get heavy. I will probably wear them as my everyday shoe since they have a nice look but I was hoping someone has gone through a pair already DGing.

So my Dels blew out this weekend, and I'm on the market for a new pair of discing shoes. Looking for something waterproof, and a decent deal. Anybody have any leads?

i made the mistake of buying a pair of merrells without the vibram sole.

dont do it. they blew out faster than a pair of ****ty mcbeth (blink 182 tom guitarist guys company) "skate" shoe. and if anyone has tried them those things are made of mostly cardboard

My non wp marshalls ripped, and I contacted keen warranty via email, I got 110 credit, they made it right. Which was awesome bc I didn't have a receipt, I bought them from a buddy who got them on ebay but were the wrong size, so I though I was burnt. They hooked it up, so I bought the targee2 from keen recently, shoe is the bomb.....just saying. I love it, a solid shoe so far.

So which one has the best waterproofing? I play a lot in the mornings, so mostly talking about wet grass. Anyone ever tried any made by Columbia?

http://www.backcountry.com/la-sportiva-fc-eco-2.0-gtx-hiking-shoe-mens

These have lasted me nearly three years and are still in excellent shape. Italians know how to make a shoe.

GRE.jpg

Another season with these and they are holding up strong. The soles are worn down a bit so I purchased a new pair to and will start breaking them in during normal day use. Best disc golf shoes ever. Yes, they can get a little hot in the summer due to goretex, but my feet don't get too sweaty and with a good pair of socks you have nothing to worry about.

So which one has the best waterproofing? I play a lot in the mornings, so mostly talking about wet grass. Anyone ever tried any made by Columbia?

I haven't tried many of the other popular brands and only have had these for a few weeks now, but from the keen marshall wp thread:

timeetyo said:
I finally put these to a real test this weekend. Played a tourney on a course that had rain all night the day prior, on and off on sat, natural tee pads (mud/slime pits), many puddles, mud, and soaked grass. I was worried about how the water proofing would hold out as it was cold (45 & windy) and I didn't want wet feet - so I brought my backup hiking boots just in case. With my prior "waterproof" shoes they'd have been soaked by the time warmup was completed.

My feet felt fine through the first round and upon changing socks on lunch I found my socks were ever so slightly damp (as likely to be from sweat as it was water) and the same when I got home and took em off after rd 2. Very comfortable for me for the long day and the traction was sufficient as well given the crappy conditions. I am a fan and am glad I now have 2 pairs of these.

I rely on my shoes heavily for backpacking...just finished hiking the Appalachian Trail over the summer and it took 4 pairs to do it. I rocked Vasque for the majority of the time. I like the mids they put out as each one lasted me over 500 miles. I was forced to get a new set of kicks unexpectedly towards the end of my trek and settled on Merrells. I liked them instantly because of how comfortable they are. Your initial review is spot on - they get heavy (especially when wet). The verdict is still out on the Merells. They do remain comfortable as my disc golf shoes and they're still in pretty good shape considering they survived the rugged terrain of New Hampshire's White Mountains and all of the AT in Maine. You can't go wrong with either company!

I have two pairs of the North face gtx iii hedgehogs and love them. :thmbup:

I use these also. I've found them to be pretty solid for disc golf, although they do eventually wear out in the sides and the tread...I'd say within 100 rounds of dg or so.

Just got the Salomon kalalua's ....awesome. great grip/traction , very light. Not waterproof...anyone looking for an athletic non WP shoe for dry courses needs to look in to these. Got mine for 60$ off Amazon....originally 130

anybody have experience with redwing 6640's? i can waterproof them myself, but i want to hear more about their weight, etc. i have no problem believing they will be incredibly durable so i'd just like to hear a little more. they look sexy too, which is nice. my hikers are just a little heavy, they've lasted for a full season of disc golf plus incredible abuse at a couple jobs over the course of 3-4 years . . . but alas, i think a more athletic fit would benefit me.

6640-2.jpg

6640-3.jpg