• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG shoes for the pacific NW

OregonDG420

Birdie Member
I live on the Oregon coast so it can get a little wet on the ground to say the least. I'm looking for a pair of shoes that will work well for DG on the tee's and will be waterproof and are at an affordable price (70-80$). I know there are other threads about shoes but I wanted to get some opinions about this. thanks.

looking for more of a tennis shoe type style but waterproof, after looking at some prices id prob be willing to spend 100 at most.

New Balance 1521 are on Amazon for as low as 73.95. Depending on size and color.

I have the 889's that have the same Vibram sole but non waterproof and they are awesome shoes. I spray them with a waterproofer and they have yet to let me down over the last 20 rounds.

New Balance 1521 are on Amazon for as low as 73.95. Depending on size and color.

I have the 889's that have the same Vibram sole but non waterproof and they are awesome shoes. I spray them with a waterproofer and they have yet to let me down over the last 20 rounds.

sweet, thanks. I just might have to get a pair of those. :D

Look into a pair of Gore-Tex or Neoprene socks.
They are a little spendy for a pair of socks but they turn any pair of shoes into waterproof ones.

Not without cons tho they don't breathe AT ALL and your feet get sweaty but I have used them in bog type settings and feet have been dry short of the sweat.

Montrail Fairhaven with OutDry. They go on sale all the time and are bomb proof.

Look into a pair of Gore-Tex or Neoprene socks.
They are a little spendy for a pair of socks but they turn any pair of shoes into waterproof ones.

Not without cons tho they don't breathe AT ALL and your feet get sweaty but I have used them in bog type settings and feet have been dry short of the sweat.

Heater's on to a good concept.

Sealskin (or equivalent) neoprene socks. Any boot or low top regulars of your choice. I use a thin liner sometimes or put the sealskins over synthetic blend soccer socks - but mostly for comfort. Gaiters when indicated.

Concede that maintaining a complete moisture blockade is a losing battle (over time especially) and go into "manage" mode.

For the shoes, Get a Peet dryer (or equivalent) boot dryer to dry 'em out afterward for day to day turnover and extend the life of the shoes.

Two round event = two sets of gear.

Last edited:
If you're close to a Nordstroms Rack, they have an awesome selection of discounted shoes. I bought my KEEN Milo's there in 2012 for $79.99. I picked up a pair of waterproof Under Armour "boots" at Marshalls two weeks ago. They are super light and they don't feel like you are wearing a boot. Low profile sole and great material. I've played six rounds of golf in these "boots" and I am loving them!!!

pulled the trigger on those new balance 1521's. only 80$ for my pair and they go up to 140$ in some colors and sizes!

I wear these when the course is wet and muddy, or cold, and they keep my feet warm and dry, and the price has really come down on these.

New Balance 1201 with Gortex and Vibram soles

Latest posts