• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dg shoes

Drewford

I've never seen disc golf shoes. Are they important? What's special about them? I know in other sports you need specific shoes to help you with traction. Same idea?

The only thing your shoes have to do is protect your feet, be comfortable and provide good footing/traction. Beyond that, it's all personal preference.

That said, its really hard to be comfortable with wet feet, and you'd be amazed how soaked your feet can get playing a round in the morning... with nothing more than grass wet from morning dew. Hence the popularity among disc golfers of decent hiking shoes/boots with some sort of waterproof membrane. They're designed for comfort on long walks in varied and rugged terrain and can keep your feet dry. Sounds a lot like playing disc golf to me.

But any ratty old pair of sneakers will work if the course is dry.

I've tried several "water proof" shoes, and they lose the ability in short order. Better to buy some seal skinz and get less expensive, but well made, non-water proof hiking or trail running shoes. If you drag your non-plant foot, be sure to get thick toe caps.

Latest posts