• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Social media (warning: the lack of BBQ talk is disappointing)

Jolt

* Ace Member *
Valerie Mandujano is higher rated than Kona. why did not Valerie get to be at the press conference?

Valerie Mandujano is higher rated than Kona. why did not Valerie get to be at the press conference?

Because Valerie has less than 10K follower on instagram and Kona has 55.2K.

Literally 5.5x as many eyes have the potential to see what Kona says vs Valerie. Sponsorship contracts are just another form of marketing. You're not going to spend $125K a year on an advertisement in the back of an alley if you can get one on a main street billboard for the same price, even if the billboard might be slightly "worse."

That was a really good press conference. Some very good questions asked to both players.

DD Press Conference

Worth a watch in my opinion.

Imo, Kona is not on same plane as Kristin Tattar as a player. She seems to be banking on her social media presence. Kona has improved the last 2 years, but Kristin is a proven entity. This will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Last edited:
Imo, Kona is not on same plane as Kristin Tartar as a player. She seems to be banking on her social media presence. Kona has improved the last 2 years, but Kristin is a proven entity. This will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Especially when the euros and Americans all play the same tournament together again.

Kona only has 55k Instagram followers?

I would've thought with all this talk about her social media presence and the salary they are paying her, that number would've been way higher.

Kristin is 29, and I know has at least 1 child at home.

Kona is 23 and tours full time with her fiancé.

Winning does not matter as much as exposure.

People love Kona. This is meant more as a statement of her value and not anything disparaging about her, but she gets a lot of credit for doing things that every pro does - like changing her putt or doing field work.

I just hope DD shows some love to Valerie and Macie V and give them a chance to build their brand into something more. Because I think we may see them in the mix just as much as Kona, maybe more.

Kristin is 29, and I know has at least 1 child at home.

Kona is 23 and tours full time with her fiancé.

Winning does not matter as much as exposure.

Sure but Kona has som pressure on her now. . .if you have one of the biggest contract in FPO and gets destroyed week after week by players not payed a 0,1 that does not look good in the long run..

But sure Anna Kournikova was the highest paid tennis player but did not win much

If social media presence was the key- - Simon wold hade a bigger contract than Ricky

I don't think that anyone knows how much Simon is making. I am assuming that he is pretty well compensated and if Discmania can grow as they plan he will have better security with them than a new sponsor. I wouldn't be suprised if he had an ownership share.

Sure but Kona has som pressure on her now. . .if you have one of the biggest contract in FPO and gets destroyed week after week by players not payed a 0,1 that does not look good in the long run..

But sure Anna Kournikova was the highest paid tennis player but did not win much

Paige had some awful showings this year too, but I don't think anyone batted an eye. In fact, fans gave her another 75K to make a documentary that as far as I know is dead in the water...

Also, fandom is weird, in that people choose a team/player to be a fan of, and regardless of performance will continue to choose that player.

Brodie's deal comes to mind; since he get's paid entirely based on his social media following, since his play is dog ****.

People love Kona. This is meant more as a statement of her value and not anything disparaging about her, but she gets a lot of credit for doing things that every pro does - like changing her putt or doing field work.

I just hope DD shows some love to Valerie and Macie V and give them a chance to build their brand into something more. Because I think we may see them in the mix just as much as Kona, maybe more.

Huh? Are you actually saying she deserves more money because she changed her putt or did field work? Maybe I misunderstood, that sounds like a participation trophy.

Both you points seem irrelevant. I don't see the connection.

That younger players who don't have families at home, are by definition more available for tournaments, media, vlogs, podcasts, etc. than an older player who has a family who she probably likes to be with; are more valuable to a company?

Then we have nothing more to talk about, because you don't understand marketing.

That younger players who don't have families at home, are by definition more available for tournaments, media, vlogs, podcasts, etc. than an older player who has a family who she probably likes to be with; are more valuable to a company?

Then we have nothing more to talk about, because you don't understand marketing.

You sound like a homer. Kristin was here for only part of the season and created more buzz than any other FPO player. Kona was nowhere to be seen. I'm happy that Kona is getting married, but that shouldn't translate into $$.

This matters too:

Estonian population - 1.331 million (2020)

US pop - 329.5 million (2020)

You sound like a homer. Kristin was here for only part of the season and created more buzz than any other FPO player. Kona was nowhere to be seen. I'm happy that Kona is getting married, but that shouldn't translate into $$.

Nope, just a man with an internet connection and an instagram account who follows all parties involved...

Did you read what I said? And all you took from it is that she's getting married? Maybe take a look at how you view women if that's all you got.

Latest posts