• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

dga m-14 basket

jec777

i ordered a dga m-14 basket the other day havent got it yet but any reviews on it would help !

The Whole basket uses little spring-pins to hold the base/pole/basket/chain assembly together. It is pretty easy to assemble. There is a short section of pole with spring pins on both ends that I assume is for holding everything together for storage, pin it in the basket, place the chain assembly in the middle and top it off with the base, nice little basket sized package.

It only has has 14 chains arranged in 2 layers (offset from one another).
It feels like a smaller target than the Discatcher Sport. For a practice or temporary basket it performs fine, but could certainly benefit from more chains.

The setup and tear down are quick and easy, Though a golf pencil (or other blunt poking device) is handy to have while dismantling the basket, since fingers on their own just don't seem to push the spring pins far enough in to release them.

Over all, it is a pretty good practice basket that catches o.k. but feels small due to the chain layout. The spring pin assembly makes the basket feel less solid than its screw assembled brethren, but doesn't affect the baskets catching ability. It is no where near as strong as Mach III, so you wouldn't want to use it for holding anything much heavier than a few discs (don't sit in it).

just bought three of them. i think it is excellent for quality to cost ratio. it ain't a course basket per se, but it seems to handle abuse fairly well and is super easy to move/tear down. i got 3 for $120/each instead of paying $300-400 for a premium one. i like taking mine down cause asses will steal them if they see them sitting out.

I've had one for about a year. When I first got it I had a lot of shots that went right through the chains. I add about 7 more chains to cover up the gap that I 'found' with my putters. Now it catches almost as well as the higher end baskets.

I agree about the spitouts and shots through the chains. That's the only real problem. I look at it like it could help my touch a bit. If I can control it, then the major course cages should be a breeze. I also agree that the chain addition mod is a clever and simple fix.

I look at it like it could help my touch a bit. If I can control it, then the major course cages should be a breeze.

true true. I have the same basket and am glad I decided not to add any chain to it. It is unforgiving on weak-side hits. I am a push putter and I could imagine that spin putters would hate this basket.