• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach 7

They look interesting. 28 chains, 3 rows, solid construction. Assuming the orange ring/band isn't an option you can opt out of, they appear to be pretty visible. I'd like to play a round on a course with those to see for myself.

Not a fan of the wide, angled top band. Bad enough I have to clack off the new Prodigy bands at Hudson Mills.....now I have to go chase down my bad skip or roll off of one of these baskets. Hmmmmm.....maybe if I learn to hit the chains more often?

After decades of playing DG... finally... a basket that gives you a reason to putt better. :clap:
Recent advances in DG equipment = mind blown.

Last edited:
Interesting the price of a single basket is $420. Could they know their target audience?

Interesting the price of a single basket is $420. Could they know their target audience?

For a large 9 or 18 hole install they are considerable cheaper than a mach X. They come with DGAs warranty which kicks Innova's ass. They are also NOT a Mach 3, mach 5, or chainstar.

A local private course was at odds amongst the active members with regards to Mach Xs being installed. A few of the course pros did not like them. They ended up going with the 7s and saving money along with placating the locals.

Those remind me a bit of these that are at Beaver Ranch, I believe they are locally made by someone in that area. I don't recall if a disc can fit through the top. But these, the disc will deflect down if you hit the band.

37d57640.jpg

Assuming the orange ring/band isn't an option you can opt out of

I read this as the "orange powder coating isn't an option you can opt out of" and was going to say "you know me too well". 😆

I'm intrigued, the Xs were a little too radical for me, it's nice to see DGA offering a top quality modern basket without the need to get the (unproven imo) linked chain design.

I strongly desire to see and putt at this basket.

I read this as the "orange powder coating isn't an option you can opt out of" and was going to say "you know me too well". 😆

I'm intrigued, the Xs were a little too radical for me, it's nice to see DGA offering a top quality modern basket without the need to get the (unproven imo) linked chain design.

I strongly desire to see and putt at this basket.
FWIW - I've played a few courses equipped with Mach X's, and thought the catch great.
The orange powder coated Mach X's at Deer Lakes and Moraine are some of my favorite baskets to play on.

For a large 9 or 18 hole install they are considerable cheaper than a mach X. They come with DGAs warranty which kicks Innova's ass. They are also NOT a Mach 3, mach 5, or chainstar.

A local private course was at odds amongst the active members with regards to Mach Xs being installed. A few of the course pros did not like them. They ended up going with the 7s and saving money along with placating the locals.

How is DGA's warranty superior? (Just curious- haven't looked at DGA baskets for years for an installation as they tend to be prohibitively expensive imo.)

Not a fan of the wide, angled top band. Bad enough I have to clack off the new Prodigy bands at Hudson Mills.....now I have to go chase down my bad skip or roll off of one of these baskets. Hmmmmm.....maybe if I learn to hit the chains more often?

When did Hudson Mills get Prodigy baskets? 2 years ago they got brand new Innova Discatchers. That's crazy if true.

Not a fan of the looks of the 7 but thats all I can say about them until more courses have them so we can try them. I am a fan of the band so I like discatchers and prodigy baskets but I also like mach x's and 5's. Pretty much as long as its not a mach 2, 3 or a veteran then Ill like it.

As lofty push putter I love the top cage. Back when I was using pro-d challengers, I once turned a new putter into a dog disc by the end of the day. So many gashes and nicks from those bands..

You are correct, Myke. They are Discatchers, the funky colors threw me off. Still have to experience the agony of band clack.

Haha there is no doubting the agony of that band clank. It is odd that they are the same band colors as the Prodigy baskets, but they are definitely some of the nicest baskets we have in metro Detroit.

Haha there is no doubting the agony of that band clank. It is odd that they are the same band colors as the Prodigy baskets, but they are definitely some of the nicest baskets we have in metro Detroit.

Honestly, it is even more odd that Hudson Mills would put Innova baskets in. Discraft has an extensive history with Hudson Mills and A3 Disc club. It is rumored that they have donated to the park in the past, though I cannot confirm those rumors. They are nice baskets and a great upgrade to a fantastic disc golf complex.

Honestly, it is even more odd that Hudson Mills would put Innova baskets in. Discraft has an extensive history with Hudson Mills and A3 Disc club. It is rumored that they have donated to the park in the past, though I cannot confirm those rumors. They are nice baskets and a great upgrade to a fantastic disc golf complex.

I can confirm that Discraft was too late to the party. Discraft was going to put in Chainstar Pros but were too late. Proposed the new baskets and the park had no choice but to decline.