• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach lite vs Innova skillshot vs Innova Traveler

unknown2no1

Par Member
Very interested in getting one of these ultra portable baskets that i could keep in the trunk and take wherever i go. The problem i'm having is deciding whether to with the Mach lite or skillshot which are more like real baskets or to got with the traveler that weighs half as much but is quite different than a traditional basket.

Help me decide please, I can't do this on my own!!!:confused::confused::confused:

currently own the skillshot, brother owns the traveler so i have a good deal of use on that too. never used the mach lite.

i like how using the skillshot is like shooting at chains. i like to focus on a single link when i putt, so it's much easier to do that with the skill shot at opposed to the traveler, where the chains are often hid by the mesh.

I've heard people who complain about the square basket shape of the traveler but it really doesn't make a big difference. they're both solid baskets, i went with skill shot and am not regretting it.

I guess there's no need to discuss anything...because it's already been discussed before. Lock all the threads.

Just got a Traveler on Fri. Much easier to set up and tear down than the Skill Shot. Also it's really light. I could carry it around a park and make up 18 holes without much strain. I got the yellow and black one and it looks freaking sweet. If you're ok with an nontraditional design I'd go with the Traveler. Cheaper, lighter, and easier to operate. The only downside I have is the chains. They're light weight and there's not enough of them. However, the netting that covers them adds to their span and grip. Right now I've found them at Academy for $99. Can't beat that.

I own the Skill Shot and am satisfied in my purchase. Never thrown on either of the other baskets though. I've had the Skill Shot since September 08' and it has held up fine. I'd recommend not leaving any of these 3 baskets out in the rain or snow. I take it camping and traveling all the time and it doesn't take up much space and isn't heavy or hard to assemble/take apart.

I've used all, and prefer the mach lite hands down. It's the sturdiest and most durable, and it's the most like a real basket while still being really easy to put up and take down. I have two, and they are holding up great after a year.

I borrowed a DGA Mach Lite for my disc golf class, and I really like it, It folds down to a small bag that will easily fit in your car, but it has the look and feel of a real basket.

I don't have any experience with the other two, but I have a Skill Shot and I'm pleased with it. It's easy to put up and take down, and is very sturdy. Looks nice, too.

I am thinking about geting a Traveler, too. While the Skill Shot isn't super heavy, I'd like something lighter for travel. I mainly just use the Skill Shot around the yard.

I guess there's no need to discuss anything...because it's already been discussed before. Lock all the threads.

I agree with this sarcastic remark. You might be a D-Bag if you interrupt every thread to let the world know that the subject has already been discussed. Just answer the question, post and move on. Oh yeah, I have a Traveller and its great, no complaints. Moving on.

I agree with this sarcastic remark. You might be a D-Bag if you interrupt every thread to let the world know that the subject has already been discussed. Just answer the question, post and move on. Oh yeah, I have a Traveller and its great, no complaints. Moving on.

Nobody was rude about it.

Help me decide please, I can't do this on my own!!!

the OP is a new member and asked for help Being his first post, i presented him with a plethera of information he can review. If that's d-baggy, i apologize.

I have had all three, mach lite was the best of the three as far as catching and feel. the traveler is the most portable out there. I got rid of the skill shot, kept the traveler and the mach lite both of which get plenty of use.

I have the traveler, no experience with the other two. It goes with me everywhere and has been set up and taken down 100's of times in the year that I have owned it. There does not seem to be any noticable wear on it and even though it looks a little weird it catches the discs just fine. I would recomend it for an ultra portable basket.

I have a Mach lite that is great. It is really light weight and portable. It catches majority of putts but there are a few that hit center pole and bounce out or cut through chains. However I love how throws that hit outer edge of chain will drop most of the time. I would suggest extra set of chains as many on here mentioned.

I have throw some long and hard throws into chains and never fallin over and can stand on most hillsides plus it come with anchors to keep in the ground but I've never used them.

Best part is Mach lite comes drop shipping fast and is ready almost instantly out of the box.