• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach Shift

I really like the versatility of the basket. I think the price is OK, relative what most other baskets cost of this type. However I wish there were a few more chains in the outer loop. It looks that when you use the basket in "normal mode" you have to take chains from the inner circle and put them on the outer one. I think when you do that the chains on the outside are really sparse.

Got mine last Friday and played with it over the weekend. Overall I really like it for it's versatility and the price point it's at. Quality of construction seems great but will no more as it sits over the winter in the Pacific Northwest. "Normal" mode seems to catch fine when compared to other "practice" type baskets but no way does it catch like the top end ones. A couple of annoying cons for me.

1. Yes you have to move the chains from Normal to precision. Not a big deal but would be cooler if you just removed the uter ring without doing anything else.
2. The clam from moving it into the lower Pro position is a cool idea but there should be some marking on the pole to note the positions. If one is picky about the normal position they will have to measure it with a normal basket as there is no indication on where to set the pole.

I'll gladly post pictures of anything if requested.

...I'll gladly post pictures of anything if requested./QUOTE]

Maple Valley WA checking in. No pics needed here, but if you can report back in a month or two regarding it's durability and usability, it would be greatly appreciated. I still plan to give myself a Mach Lite for Xmas and get the Shift come spring, but good reviews may change my mind...

Thanks !!!

71igeh.jpg

So I really like the ability to "shift" around the target. Everything is solid and has a loud beautiful chain crashing sound. Pro mode is tough we will see if it helps my putting over time. I have neighbors so I do miss the instep as with it's interfere chains it was a quiet basket at night time. Then I saw that the inner ring on the top of the instep is the same as the shift. So opened up the chain "S" hooks and now it's a shift Instep.

Attachments

• Shift Instep.jpg
    Shift Instep.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 70
Outside...

So I really like the ability to "shift" around the target. Everything is solid and has a loud beautiful chain crashing sound. Pro mode is tough we will see if it helps my putting over time. I have neighbors so I do miss the instep as with it's interfere chains it was a quiet basket at night time. Then I saw that the inner ring on the top of the instep is the same as the shift. So opened up the chain "S" hooks and now it's a shift Instep.

Does anyone know how these hold up outside? Seems like it's not meant for long lasting

weather endurance? Interested. Thanks.

Does anyone know how these hold up outside? Seems like it's not meant for long lasting

weather endurance? Interested. Thanks.

So this is basically a modified M14. I have a private course with a few insteps, a discatcher sport, the amazon.com "titan" blue top, M14, and a DD Recruit. All have been in place for the last 2 plus years in the elements all year in southern Indiana. The ONLY basket that hasn't shown rust or other deterioration is the M14. I've had it for about 4 years now and it still looks brand new. So just my anecdotal two cents, but I'd trust the Shift basket to fair well for long-term durability.

M-14's

So this is basically a modified M14. I have a private course with a few insteps, a discatcher sport, the amazon.com "titan" blue top, M14, and a DD Recruit. All have been in place for the last 2 plus years in the elements all year in southern Indiana. The ONLY basket that hasn't shown rust or other deterioration is the M14. I've had it for about 4 years now and it still looks brand new. So just my anecdotal two cents, but I'd trust the Shift basket to fair well for long-term durability.

Folks like to knock M-14's, but I have one from the early 2000s that still looks and catches like

new! It's light weight and inexpensive and relatively compact for portability. For the money

spent, the M-14 catches fine to practice putting on. Interesting cross section of baskets you

have, and their weather durability. Thanks for the info on the mach shift.