• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGC along the Appalachian Trail

Jivecody

Birdie Member
Can people who live this way or have been down the trail please give insight into any courses that would be within walking distance of the trail. Thank you :)

(1) My definition of "walking distance" may be quite a bit shorter than the kind of person who's walking the App Trail. How close are you talking about?

(2) The trail's 2,000 miles long. Are you asking about the entire trail, or a particular portion?

There's a course at Fontana Lake, in the Smokies. It's relative walking distance from the trail, or I'm sure a ranger would give you a ride. That's all I know of off-hand, but the map on here works great.

Blue Mountain is on the AT and has a few courses, not in ski season though....

Mills Park in Gatlinburg TN and Roane Mtn near Johnson City TN are not far from the trail but both are only nine holes.

Yeah which part of the trail? If you're doing it all props to ya but there's probably a lot. Just overlay an AT map over the dgcr map.

Franklin Park in Purcellville, VA is ~ 10 miles from Snicker's Gap. Hit me up if you're through hiking and I can pick you up and play around.

See attachments for a list and a map.

List is all courses within 20 miles of a waypoint, map is only courses within 10 miles.

Attachments

• ATDGC.jpg
    ATDGC.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 20
  • AppMap.jpg
    AppMap.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts