• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2015

Got my second 1 last Sunday at Brent Hambrick in Columbus. It was the 177' hole C, I threw a thumber through the thick trees and it skipped right in! Thank you Champion Wraith, you've never let me down.

Got my 5th ace last Tuesday, 7/21, on hole 11 at Wills Park. It was 180ft with a Star Aviar that skipped up and in. First ace in almost 2 years and my first one at Wills Park despite it being the park I probably play the most.

1st Ace!!!

Got my 1st Ace today!!!:thmbup:

Hole 10
Mcdade Park
Conroe, TX
189 ft
Millennium Omega Super Soft Putter

A couple weeks ago I got my first ace after playing for a little over two years. #11 at Bailey Road Park. Nice anny with a Z Meteor. It was pretty great because I was playing by myself and caught up with a group of four bros who were really nice and let me join them. I was feeling loose and confident - hit metal on #4. I was so glad I had some guys there to witness -- I think they were as excited as I was. None of them had seen an ace before.

A couple holes later the skies opened up and I had an image of me finishing the greatest round ever in the storm like the priest in Caddyshack. Common sense prevailed.

Just hit #5 on the season, hole #1 at Central Park with a forehanded 174g Z XS with red ThrowLite, I aimed with flat trajectory for the tree to the left of the basket, it faded and touched the ground just shy of the chips, jumped up, and drilled the chains. Stuck. Just realized that every ace that I have nailed this season has been with a Discraft/DGA mold... Innova might be in danger as my favorite manufacturer if this trend continues...

It was labeled on our card as hole 8, it was our 13th hole of our second round of a very long day of disc golf, it was going on 7:30pm with 7 holes to go yet, my broken foot was aching for the round to be over. I limped up to the tee pad of what most folks know as "normal hole 5" or something like that at Blue Ribbon Pines - the short hole after the signature hole 4. I threw a dx roc3 flat and out to the left on a big rainbow turnover line, just missed the basket to the left, hit the tree directly behind the basket, and fell into the chains. After a weekend of my worst disc golf performance since I started this crazy game, I walked away with my biggest pay day ever in this game.

It was labeled on our card as hole 8, it was our 13th hole of our second round of a very long day of disc golf, it was going on 7:30pm with 7 holes to go yet, my broken foot was aching for the round to be over. I limped up to the tee pad of what most folks know as "normal hole 5" or something like that at Blue Ribbon Pines - the short hole after the signature hole 4. I threw a dx roc3 flat and out to the left on a big rainbow turnover line, just missed the basket to the left, hit the tree directly behind the basket, and fell into the chains. After a weekend of my worst disc golf performance since I started this crazy game, I walked away with my biggest pay day ever in this game.

this is why i follow the thread. a story that won't be forgotten i'm sure!

This is my 2nd year of disc golf and I just got my 6th & 7th aces tonight (4 last year and 3 so far this year). The first one tonight was caught on video -- Star Boss, hole 18 Lustig Park. The second was with a Blizzard Boss on hole 3 at Lustig. Here is a link to the hole 18 ace tonight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETzuISV9gW8

$1437 richer and no friends left to play with haha.

That is a crazy awesome payday! :clap:

So I nailed #8 on the year yesterday. 1st hole at Ham Lake DCG, MN. 206 feet hyzer shot with a low ceiling. Threw my new 174 VIP Warship I got a day earlier and it smashed dead solid. I knew it was in even though you can't see the basket.

Nailed my first ever ace yesterday after five years of play. short tee number 10 Newport News . Neutron ion for 200 bucks in our weekly.

So I nailed #8 on the year yesterday. 1st hole at Ham Lake DCG, MN. 206 feet hyzer shot with a low ceiling. Threw my new 174 VIP Warship I got a day earlier and it smashed dead solid. I knew it was in even though you can't see the basket.

Wooooooooooo Eskimo brothers! I nailed that same hole with a Z Wasp earlier this season, high five dude.

Wooooooooooo Eskimo brothers! I nailed that same hole with a Z Wasp earlier this season, high five dude.

:hfive: Nice.

So I just tallied #9 on the year yesterday. Hole #4 at Zimmerman. 160? feet. Little POS MVP Atom :gross: went in. Great throw, crappy disc.

I actually like #4 at zimmerman, mostly because it's rhbh friendly for a putter drive. I need to get back up there, haven't been since shortly after they built it.

My First Ace

Made my first ace last Saturday in the final round of an Iron Man. Hole 17 at Oregon Park in Marietta, Ga. Pretty awesome!