• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2015

Broken Shoulder

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Not sure if this should be stickied, like the 2014 thread? Last post there was waiting for a 2015 thread to be started, so I figured I would...

Played Plymouth Creek today for the first time. The second time through the course we played all short tees, where available. On Hole 11, I aced from the short tee (149') with a 175g DX Zephyr. A Zephyr Ace! (Witnessed by my brother-in-law.)

There are zero leaves currently, and a lot more snow, but I don't have a pic of current conditions.

b726d06e.jpg

Still no sticky? Regardless, I hit one Wednesday.

Buckhorn DGC, hole #13. I was throwing a practice round + extra throws for the Buckhorn Open this weekend. A nice older guy named Sidney caught up to me, and we were throwing 12 and onward together. I stepped up to #13 blue and, in tournament "What would I throw first here?" style, decided on a Discraft X Soft APX, 173g, since the hole is a slight anhyzer, about 230 ft. uphill. The current blue tee pad is a few feet to the right of the camera location in the image; the leaning tree is the one you need to beat and hold right. It felt good when I let it go. Sidney lost sight of it behind a tree in his way, but saw it late in flight and said, "Oh, get in!" and it stayed. First ace of 2015. Hope to replicate it in the tourney!

Attachments

• c48d6726.jpg
    c48d6726.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 70
I aced the wrong basket in a just-for-fun round yesterday. It's a layout with two baskets on every hole, and it was actually the other basket for the same hole. Not sure if you can call that a "black ace" or not. Here's a photo. I banged my hyzer drive into the short basket halfway up on the right, instead of putting it in the fairway towards the basket on top of the hill, far left. This is hole #18 at Oregon Park in Marietta, Ga. Kinda funny, and it was odd taking a stance underneath the wrong basket and then pulling my disc out to continue the hole. :p

e12b5b2b.jpg

aced Hole 5 (old 10) at McCurry on 1/18 ... RHBH Firebird with a skip

5b95975c.jpg

Live in PA, and wanted to play somewhere without snow, so a buddy and I headed down to play Iron Hill in DE. First time playing there, so we decided to play white tees to long baskets the first found to get a view of the course. Very first throw out of the car, blind 400' ace!
view_image.php

view_image.php

I posted the images wrong the first time, and was too slow in doing it correctly to edit it in 5 minutes. So here are the pics of the hole:
45f13f57_t.jpg

6f42b68f_m.jpg

Hole #1 @ Iron Hill DGC in DE
White tee to Gold Basket

I aced the wrong basket in a just-for-fun round yesterday. It's a layout with two baskets on every hole, and it was actually the other basket for the same hole. Not sure if you can call that a "black ace" or not. Here's a photo. I banged my hyzer drive into the short basket halfway up on the right, instead of putting it in the fairway towards the basket on top of the hill, far left. This is hole #18 at Oregon Park in Marietta, Ga. Kinda funny, and it was odd taking a stance underneath the wrong basket and then pulling my disc out to continue the hole. :p

e12b5b2b.jpg

Got my first ace on #17 longs there with a tb... and then hit the short basket on 18 which I was not aiming for.

Had a literal once in a lifetime experience today...two aces in one round! Both with an Axiom Envy...Proton on a backhand anny flex and Neutron with a forehand. Best of all...I did it in front of my wife and daughter! :hfive:

10995917_382857038561175_6166967275550233274_n.jpg

10997335_382857138561165_8079915189186577958_n.jpg

Mike, I'm not gonna lie it was totally surreal. My wife has been playing me when I aced before, so has my daughter, but never together. The first one I thought I actually made a bad shot so I was shocked. The second one I knew was gravy as soon as it came out of my hand.

eh...been there, done that...

well, alone...

on a purely putt-putt course.

So what I mean to say is Congrats man! :hfive: Seriously! That is so cool. :clap:

Got my first Valentines ace today!

Big thanks to Stardoggy for the G* Orc, because it only took me 5 throws to find chains! The disc was on my front porch at 3 pm, and found chains at 4:30! Flick skip ace of a relatively short 230 footer on hole 17 at Guthrie Creek DGGC. Made my day, and a great way to beat in the disc!

Also, my friends are dicks.
7ZwfN0jl.jpg

I finally get to post in this thread!

Played a round this morning before doing my Valentines day duties with the gf.

Windy day, but not too much to play. Hole #2 at Bailey Road in Charlotte. About 200ft, straight down the middle with a Lat64 River. My go-to ultra straight line disc.

Easy hole and easy course, but still my first ace. Felt good!

4thRock: Awesome! I've never thrown anything faster than a Teebird in G Star....is it difficult to get it to skip? I love your buddies comment on the disc, too!

Notverygood: Well done! Nothing like the first one! I've got a friend who calls those straight into the baskets "pure aces." So your first ace was also a pure ace!

4th ace overall and first of 2015, 220 ft uphill on an elevated basket at the short pin at hole 11 seven oaks park, nashville. was trying to flex my f3 at like 50% power to sit down beside the basket, didnt get any anny on it, disc hits a tree about 10ft to the left of the pin at the top of the hill and just ricochets into the basket, hardest crash of chains ive ever heard, my friend and I couldn't even do the usual ace reaction, was just more like wooh, did that just happen?

Latest posts