• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2015

Hole three at Valmot is a short, rhbh hyzer around big trees, and between some narrow bushes. When the leaves fall, it is open and the green is very fast, leading to long skips and slides. I hit it (all 162') with a left-hand anyhzer that I've been throwing at it for a very long time. It was a glow round, and I had 4 cats sign my yellow Opto Pure as witnesses. Split the ace pool tonight, it's a funny looking wad of one dollar bills!

Izzat Cumberland in Fountain? It looks like it, to me...but so many of our flatland courses have similar features.

Little late to the party here, but I hit a New Years tournament ace on Hole 16 of the Twin Creek - Red course in Germantown:

ecb15049.jpg

The arrow in the pic denotes the alternate placement. The one I hit is much farther to the right. Took a big, RHBH turnover with an Axis straight into the bucket. Had to split the ace pot with 8 other people that day (the Red course is a very short pitch-and-putt course), but it was still fun!

Last edited:
wherezat?

Had a literal once in a lifetime experience today...two aces in one round! Both with an Axiom Envy...Proton on a backhand anny flex and Neutron with a forehand. Best of all...I did it in front of my wife and daughter! :hfive:

Is this Cumberland in Fountain?

Hit my first ever winter ace this past weekend with my newest Nova. It was also my first Nova ace after quite a few chain outs with them. Right before the throw I made some wisecrack about "burying it in the chains" then proceeded to deposit it cleanly into the basket without touching a single link of chain! I must admit it was a little anticlimactic when there was no chain smash noise, just a little clank, but an ace is an ace. My first of 2015, #17 on the career, but who's counting :D

Izzat Cumberland in Fountain? It looks like it, to me...but so many of our flatland courses have similar features.

It is. That course is ace city. Now if I can just keep all the vagabonds from writing on the baskets and teesigns when they get a hole in one :wall:

Little late to the party here, but I hit a New Years tournament ace on Hole 16 of the Twin Creek - Red course in Germantown:

ecb15049.jpg

The arrow in the pic denotes the alternate placement. The one I hit is much farther to the right. Took a big, RHBH turnover with an Axis straight into the bucket. Had to split the ace pot with 8 other people that day (the Red course is a very short pitch-and-putt course), but it was still fun!

That gap looks crazy...that's an awesome shot!

March is in like a lion, I put another 1 on the scorecard yesterday at Wildcat Bluff, hole "B". Nothing fancy, just ~200 sloping downhill the entire way, but I pured it with a soft neutron envy. Felt great coming out of my hand and looked perfect the whole way down, lazer straight from hand to chains.

Second winter ace, 1st at Wildcat, 1st with the soft Envy, and had 6 witnesses for this one!

Hit my first ace in 4 years, and of course like the only one before it I was alone on the course :\ Wish I could have saved it for league which starts next week.

Hole 6 Quail Ridge in Wentzville MO.
240 Ft threw a big anny with a comet and went just straight in

faaa6a3a.jpg

Finally broke the seal for 2015. Hole #4 @ Anthony Lake, Anthony KS 290ft with a VIP Sword 175g. Been sniffing around this one for a while and finally nailed it 3/11/15.

Caught my first ace of 2015 in video:

Vibram Summit, 200ft

Last edited:
2nd ace in a month! Casual rounds paying off, this time on hole 11, Valmont. LHBH with a gradual left turn, no fade. First disc from the tee during a putter round. Opto Pure once again.

First Ace of the year! Hole #8 at Showa Kinen Park at 53 meters (173ft) with a 156 gram DX Teebird. I'm happy to finally check #8 off my list after almost a year of running it in casual rounds. Two holes down (16 & 8) sixteen more to go.

Hole #2 at Bunker Hills, 295 feet. P-MD2 on a hyzerflip. Thought it was short but then it crashed!

1st of 2015.

Today I aced basket #14 at Walnut Creek park, played short at 198 ft. I threw a Gator on a high hyzer and just let it turn to the basket!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 15
I finally hit my 2nd ace after being dry for 8 years. Hole 2a@Jefferson Barracks on the 1st night of spring doubles league. I was playing solo, so I hit it on my cali shot, but it still felt great getting it in off the tee!

picture.php

3/25/15 (5:00 pm) #5 at Coleman Park, TX

1st ever - Long Time Coming

Champion Katana

Last edited: