• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2015

From a couple days ago got an ace at Starling Lake in Eden Prairie MN. 1st Ace of the year and 2nd since starting up the sport last summer. It was on hole # 5, a wide open very short hole. But if you miss the Ace, you are 30+ft downhill. Just a simple mid-range nose up a tad to stall it out to avoid going down the hill and it just spiked into the basket.

Thank you McPro Roc3! Too bad I rarely use that disc :(

Come to think of it... hole 5's seem to be my lucky hole as my other Ace was on hole 5 at Brockway in Rosemount. And #5 at Alimagnet in Apple Valley I have hit the basket or skipped through chains anywhere between 7-10 times this year

1st Ace of the year! Hole 5 Bishop Park in Bryant, Ar. Trashed out Glow Firebird through a super tight hyzer line. Pure'd it. First ace on the course too!

It's about dadgum time, I've hit metal so many times this year it's hard to keep count

Got my second (only real) Ace of the year at Country Course (private) in Louisburg, NC on the signature hole #9 with the CC logo mowed into the grass and on the basket on 9.6.15. Only 242 feet but I pured it. My first "ace" of the year was at The Blockhouse-Tiki Course in Spotsylvania, VA. Only about 1,260" (105') so I am only "kinda" counting it.

Here's mine 210 feet, not very long at Cedar Hills in Raleigh. Tuesday doubles, 187 bucks, gave 45 to others on the card, there were 3 others. Spent the most rest at the "Bull and Bear " on beer with others. Came home with 6 dollars.

Great shot Eric!

Got my 13th ace just before leagues last night (4 last year and 9 this year). Hole 18 in the far right position at Lustig park -- first time it's been in that position this year. So I decided to throw straight at it with my Z Comet and as soon as I let it go one of the other guys says, "no, not yet!" -- no ace pool $ since leagues hadn't started. It went dead straight at the center of the basket the whole way, pretty cool to watch anyway. That particular comet is the straightest flying disc I have ever thrown and it's the only mid I bag (I use putters as my other mids for hyzer and anny shots).

Had a 16 month gap between aces, now just 14 days between. Turtlecreek hole #8. 'Only' 210 feet, but it felt nice anyway. Second ace with that GL Fuse.
89503407.jpg

The basket is down the lane and just to the right.

Playing almost 5 years, I didn't hit my first Ace until 08/25 of this year. Then Today, I hit my second on a blind basket, just less than a month from my first. 244ft with a 166gm VIP Westside Tursas. Mesquite Grove DGC in Chandler, AZ. Happy day.
4571_zpsxygcbshk.jpeg

A couple weeks back I misplaced my workhorse Buzzz SS on a local course. We were tearfully reunited at a work night last week and the first round with it back in the bag resulted in a personal best score, complete with a nice pure ace. Career #20, 4th of 2015.

Glad to have ya back, SS. The other ones just aren't the same.

A couple weeks back I misplaced my workhorse Buzzz SS on a local course. We were tearfully reunited at a work night last week and the first round with it back in the bag resulted in a personal best score, complete with a nice pure ace. Career #20, 4th of 2015.

Glad to have ya back, SS. The other ones just aren't the same.

Congrats on getting your buzzz ss back, and on the ace. I also misplaced my buzzz ss early this year but decided not to replace it -- until a few days ago when I replaced it with a DGA SP Squall. For me it falls between a buzzz ss and a comet, but is longer than both -- really great disc! Still getting used to how far it flies but I feel like it's easier to hit really tight target lines with it -- it just flies out of my hand more reliably and holds it's line very well, with a slight fade at the end.

A Buzzz SS is meant to fly like a worked-in Z Buzzz, actually. Fits between a Z Buzzz and a Z Comet. Squall is a tweener, too fast to be a mid but too slow to be a fairway. Think of it as a beefier Zombee.

This one was from a few months back, but I hit my first tourney ace on June 27 in Fernie, BC on my way to winning my division. There were 4 aces that round which is crazy because they haven't had an ace at that tourney in a very long time. Big long skip shot over OB on the longer hole 7 with a Discraft Force. Glad it hit chains otherwise I'd be looking at a 50-foot comebacker for bird.

I also learned a very valuable lesson about paying into the Ace Pot that day (mind you, the multiple aces really diluted the payout).

Second ace of my 6-year career (primarily playing super-long courses with no ace runs).

Finally nailed an ace on another hole @ Showa Kinen park, this time hole #1. My weapon of choice was a lightly seasoned 155 gram lightweight Wizard in Sure Grip plastic thrown on a low slow hyzer. This is the 5th different hole I've managed to ace there and probably one of the easier holes to get on the whole course.

I can never figure out why folks give others such a hard time over short aces. It's a one on the scorecard. Did they hit it?
I love me some short aces. :p
Congrats! Any Ace is a FUN Ace! :clap:

DeWitt, IA, hole 17 ace.

Used a champion Teebird, perfect ani path and aced.

Just broke my leg too, had a walking boot on. Was very very happy and proud.

Latest posts