• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR aces 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Well, it's a new year, so let's kick off a new thread for the aces of 2016.

Hit a shorty today at Dupree Park in Woodstock GA, north of Atlanta in the burbs.

Short hole, but the skip off the path was intentional, which is why I'm so excited in the vid. Happy days :D

BioFuzion Suspect

Hit the ace pool in leagues at Birds Ruins today. Second ace on hole 11 with a Tank. Different pins, but both were for ace pools. Only $30 this time.

Hit my second ever ace, first tournament ace, last Saturday at the DeLa Enduro Bowl. It was a temp hole (they've got the holes on the hill shut down still, trying to do some work to stop erosion in those areas), probably only 150 feet.

Threw a Buzz OS with a forehand (I almost never throw forehands from the tee) and pured it right into the chains. The super crazy part though was the last guy on my card then threw a backhand that skipped up and in! Two aces on the same card, same hole. Pretty cool.

bda

Got the first one of the year a week or two ago. Frost Claymore on a 150' hole. It was the site of my very first ace, a glow sidewinder on a skip. I think my form has improved some in the past 3 1/2 years......

First ace

First ace = first post on dgcr. I woke up early and went to the park this morning . 2 inches of snow covered the ground, fallen during the night, so the course had some winter wonderland feeling. Decided to play the short tees and practice upshots. On hole 6 I took out my champ leopard 150 and let it go. 220ish feet later (68 meters) it banged in the chains and stayed in the basket. Just been playing less than a year, and this is the first time I even have gotten metal from the tee. Downside is it was a total lone wolf, so no one to witness it. But it really made my day/week/month?

Congratulations Chillboy!
Most readers here (including myself) have never thrown an ace in Copenhagen. So you are already more successful than we are! ;) :hfive:

I have been playing 5+ years and only have one ace on an 85ft hole:wall::doh::mad:, so your already doing better than me...

Aced hole 4 at High Sierra in Billings on Friday. Pretty new course so no official measurements but just a little guy. Probly about 170' with a SP FF Serpert, straight down the right side with some soft fade in around the telephone polls. First course Ace as far as I know and my first in over a year.

Got my 5th lifetime Ace this morning on Hole 12 at Delaveaga. It's in the shortest position right now, maybe 200 feet or less downhill to a hilltop island over a gulley. Real common to see Aces here. There was one (caught on video) two weeks ago at the Enduro. Soft Zeroline Pure Putter drive from a stand still with a little anny to keep it straight, as opposed to the hyzer line I often take. It looked high, but dipped right into the basket for 1!! Good times :)

Early January hit #4 with my daughters 160g DX Leopard on a short 200' hole @ Branchwood #1. Its a nice beginner/kid friendly course and I wanted to see how how much of a hyzer release I had to put on it to get it to flip up to flat.

#5 was at an Indoor tournament with a Sparkle Hunter. Hole was maybe 50' but you had to go between tables stacked on each other and between a bunch of desks built up to form a wall.

I had to tee off from one knee cause I'm much taller than your average person.

OMNWaYG.jpg

Hole 2 at The Sinks Short Pad to B which is 228'

Double Mando

RHBH Moonshine Truth, skipped at A pin position and shot all the way into B. 63' skip.

Ace number 8? of all time I believe.

fea70c17.jpg

There seems to be a lot of ace magic in the air today, here's mine :

Hole 14 at Showa Kinen Park from 75 meters / 246ft out with a 159 Champion TeeBird.

Fairways are fast this time of year so I decided to disc up, throw it low, and play the skip. I doubt I'll be able to get away with a cheeky shot like that when summer rolls around. There was a redesign to half of the course last weekend that I'm not too psyched about, this helps ease the pain

Got #53 the other day. Hole 17a Hanging Oaks. 249ft soft slow anny around the big oak tree. $20 from a ace club member and $1 from some random kid who witnessed it from the opposite fairway.

1/16 I hit a lightly wooded 290' putter shot with a new custom dyemax pure I had made w/ some sacred geometry on it. That disc has been a go to in the bag as it hits super nice hyzer-flip to straight or super slow turnovers I can depend on in light winds. It was a cool ace because it was my 28th ace in my 28th year a few days before my 29th bday.
2/16 Skip in forehand on a wooded hole with a lucid Spark. Had it not jumped in it was flirting with an OB skip. It was on a 250 ft hole that I hadn't aced yet and was killing me. I guess all it takes sometimes is throwing your line a little tighter than intended. This was another "golden ace" 29th @ 29 years. The next day I hit my first truly lucky ace with a treedirect off a tree 25' in front of the pin on a wooded 315' hole. I took a little off it and threw a DGA undertow (fun disc to throw). It was fading left of pin but kicked it right while holding the hyzer line and just hit chains so good I knew it stuck even though I had to walk right of teepad a little to confirm. Been a good 2016 so far for me, hopefully the aces keep coming in. I've also been playing solo rounds going for the ace more than usual.

Knocked down the first ace at Saint Leo University's new course yesterday on hole 8. 308'. Huge flick hyzer with left to right wind, pushed it straight over and into the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts